Old October 7, 2002, 15:35   #1
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 03:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
war and reputation
Does anyone know if reputation is affected if you make peace with someone and then go to war with them again before the 20-turn duration for the peace treaty is up?

I believe it is but would appreciate any clarification.
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
Old October 7, 2002, 15:44   #2
jshelr
Civilization III PBEMIron CiversC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

Local Time: 05:04
I think you might get more info by checking the diplomacy screen and determining if there is a time limit to your peace treaty. If there is a time limit, I presume, others can correct if wrong, that breaking that deal has an impact like breaking other deals. It's also possible to get a rep hit by declaring war when already in other civ's territory, etc.
Old October 7, 2002, 15:58   #3
Catt
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton University
King

Local Time: 02:04
Re: war and reputation
Quote:
Originally posted by ruby_maser
Does anyone know if reputation is affected if you make peace with someone and then go to war with them again before the 20-turn duration for the peace treaty is up?

I believe it is but would appreciate any clarification.
Yes, definitely. Assuming the peace treaty is a 20-turn treaty (i.e., comes after hostilities, unlike the initial "peace treaty" that occurs upon contact and also occurs after a 20-turn pause if no "per turn" deals attached).

So, if there is a number in parenthesis next to your peace treaty, declaring war is seen as a breach, and a particularly grave one at that, in my experience.

Catt
Old October 7, 2002, 16:43   #4
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 03:04
re:
thanks for the info. no wonder the other civs hate. I already did it twice... oops
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi