Old October 9, 2002, 01:04   #1
PCRefugee
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Freedom Force Mods
Has anybody else tried these yet? I've downloaded a few and think they're better than the original game itself. It might just be me reminiscing through rose-coloured specs at my childhood spent reading Marvel and DC comics but there's still something special about Ben Grimm yelling "It's Clobberin' Time!" as he proceeds to pummel Doctor Doom into a pulp. If you're interested, check them out at places like FreedomMods.com
Old October 9, 2002, 09:05   #2
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 10:08
Cool. I'd shelved the game for a while because there wsn't much to get apart from endless skins at the time. If there's new missions that will be fun.
Old October 9, 2002, 13:09   #3
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 04:08
I recommend the Fantastic Force and Iron Man mods if you want some good single player action.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old October 9, 2002, 16:17   #4
PCRefugee
Chieftain

The missions are coming in thick and fast. The fact that these guys are all amateurs and just doing it for the fun is astounding by the sheer quality they are pumping out. Credit to them all. Fantastic Force is certainly one of the best out there. I've just downloaded the Iron Man mod...along with X-Men, and JLA. They all look great. I'd say one of the weakest is the Iron Fist mod but even that has its redeeming moments with it's Shaft theme tune (and that amazing Wah Wah on the geetar)
Old October 9, 2002, 18:36   #5
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 04:08
X-Men mod? Which one are you talking about?
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old October 10, 2002, 02:51   #6
PCRefugee
Chieftain

It's called x-men beginnings and it's available at www.freedommods.com It's a 10meg download but it doesn't contain any new missions...I suppose the goal is to go through all the original missions with the x-men. There'salso another mod there(21meg) which I haven't downloaded yet. It's called Xmod but there doesn't seem to be any info for it so I don't know if it is an actual x-men mod or not. I'll D/L it when I'm done with the spiderman/marvel knights D/L and let you know.
Old October 10, 2002, 02:54   #7
PCRefugee
Chieftain

Sorry. My mistake. X-men beginnings has 4 new missions(with the sentinels I think) and is likely to have more added in the future.
Old October 10, 2002, 09:21   #8
PCRefugee
Chieftain

Quick update: xmod is indeed an x-men mod and is 21meg in size. It looks ok but the recording quality of the voices is not very good(a bit distorted). The whole thing starts off with Cyclops and Storm trying to protect a young mutant from an angry mob...seems promising.
Old October 10, 2002, 16:23   #9
November Adam
Prince

Local Time: 02:08
Hmmm, this just might make me install FF again. It will be interesting to see what has been done in the time I've been away from it.