Old October 14, 2002, 15:47   #1
Jawa Jocky
Prince

Local Time: 01:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Welcome to the Jungle!
Intro:

This game was designed to be an AU course. However I’m not submitting it as one, since I skipped the idea and feedback thread that is typically done before creating a game. Instead I’m submitting the game and hoping it gets adopted like Banana Island did.

Set-up:

This small map is covered with jungles. It’s so bad you cannot grow unless you cut it down. Since this is probably sounding like the worst game ever, I’ll let you know that I did several things to make it playable.

1) Every starting position is roughly equal and includes a river, a cow, and a resource.

2) The land area is peppered with hills and the rivers are generously placed.

3) All of the industrious civs are available to play.

4) Strategic resources are not going to be a problem.

5) The map is small and the land area is large enough for productive civs to flourish while not requiring an overly tedious game of jungle clearing.

Course Outline:

This is a course in worker and growth management. Fail in these aspects of the game and you probably will not need to worry about other considerations.

Additional Notes:

There is only a standard .bic file on this download. There are some goody huts and the barbarians are roaming. The cultural links and re-spawning have been turned off. The resource seed is not random. Everything else about the game is standard 1.29

Good Luck and Happy Thwacking!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip jungle.zip (9.0 KB, 6 views)
Old October 14, 2002, 19:07   #2
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 11:21
sound's interesting... i'll have a go, when i find some free time (duh... never? )

banana isle? is that where those wierd poll-choices come from? is there a link or a thread?
Old October 14, 2002, 19:16   #3
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 05:21
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
JJ, sounds fun, but I want to finish AU 107 first (which might take a while yet).
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old October 15, 2002, 00:30   #4
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 03:21
I've actually thought about setting up a game along those lines myself. It's on my list of games I'd like to play, but I'm still an age or so away from finished with AU 107 and then I'll probably try the CivFanatics GOTM (if there's still time). So it could be a while.

Nathan
Old October 15, 2002, 11:13   #5
jshelr
Civilization III PBEMIron CiversC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

Local Time: 05:21
I don't want to be a wet blanket, but will the AI civs figure out how to behave in this environment? IMO, they never do enough to terra form jungle turf????
Old October 15, 2002, 11:24   #6
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 11:21
maybe give them all "build often: workers"... the AI tends to not really get rid of bad terrain... even after steam power there are often cities with forest or jungle around...
Old October 21, 2002, 10:06   #7
Jawa Jocky
Prince

Local Time: 01:21
I've been playing this one on Deity. The AI has done quite well clearing jungle and making productive cities. I'm not sure if I can win since, there is a Killer AI that is running away with the game.
Old October 24, 2002, 18:50   #8
werdhertz
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:21
I just downloaded it and will try it out tonight! I`m playing non-stop to get practised up for PtW lol.