Old October 15, 2002, 23:36   #1
Choelscher
Settler

Local Time: 09:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
CTP II map editor manual
Hi,

Any of you guys know where I could download a decent users manual for the scenerio and map editors of CTP II? Even just a legend of the keyboard commands would be a great help. For instance, don't even know how to change the brush size in the map editor when I am trying to make up a map.
Old October 16, 2002, 10:24   #2
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 10:25
AFAIK I dont think there are any keyboard shortcuts for the editor. Theres a pretty good guide to the editor in regards to scenario making made by Hexagonian.

ModGuide

You should try making a map with the BMPtoCTP converter. Thats much easier with anything above a small sized map.

BMPtoCTP2
Old October 16, 2002, 13:34   #3
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

ok, lets try this.

BUTTONS IN THE MAP EDITOR

1. Cut Map Area
2. Copy Map Area
3. Paste Map Area

- These work much like any such cut, copy and paste buttons in painting programs. To use them, you first have to select an area of the map using button 13, see below. Having selected a map region, you can cut it (copies it to the 'clipboard' and replaces with shallow ocean), copy it (copies to the 'clipboard' but remains present also. Once it is on the 'clipboard', you can paste the region by selecting the paste button (#3) and clicking a tile which you wish to become the TOP LEFT tile of the pasted region.

4. save map area.
-I never use this. I guess it's so you can save a segment from one map you make. why? (see #8)

5. Small brush size. One tile at a time
6. Medium brush size. I dunno, maybe 9 at a time.
7. Large brush size. Something like 25 or 36 at a time.

8. load map area.
-Cunning, no? You can now load the segment (that you saved from one map in #4) into another.

9. Set Map 'Explored'
- All players see the map as fully explored. I think this saves into the scenario, otherwise it works no difference from button #16.

10. Set Map 'Unexplored'
- Opposite of #9

11. X-wrap on/off.
- i.e. do the sides of the map connect in the game?

12. Y-wrap on/off
- i.e. do the top and bottom of the map connect?

CO-ORDS
- Displays the co-ordinates of the tile your cursor is hanging over.

13. Select portion of the map
- As used with buttons 1,2 and 3. Simply click the tile you want at a corner of the chosen region, then drag across to the opposite corner of the region and let go.

14. Eraser.
- Works like a paintbrush, but turns everything to default terrain (shallow water)

15. Reset Map
- Covers the whole map in shallow water.

16. Reveal Map
- duh...

17. Reload Slic
- You won't need this for map design, but it reloads the SLIC files that you may have changed while modding.

18. Locate!
- Type in a set of x and y co-ordinates, and press locate to center the map on them.

19. Remove all Goods
- Removes all goods...

20. Generate Goods
- Generates goods at random across the map. Different seeding pattern on each click.

21. Hut
- Place a hut on the map, or remove one by clicking this button, then clicking the hut.

22. River.
- As above, but with rivers, not huts.

23-26. Place goods
- Place (or remove) goods on the map. Most terrains only have 2 goods, so only the first two buttons work. Some mods allow the other 2 to work as well.
Button 1 places the first good for that terrain, button 2 will place a different one (but will firstly remove the first good, click again to add the second - it doesn't replace. if that makes any sense...)

27. Toggle Pollution on/off

28. Map Size.
Select the map size you want. This will reload the map as a blank all-sea map, so copy any regions you want to keep.

29. Difficulty
- Select one of the 6 difficulty levels.

30. Barbarians.
- Select one of the 4 barbarian levels.

31. Date Roller
- Change the year in the game by scrolling backwards and forwards.

32. Save Map
- Save the map to a map file. Then you can reload it later, or publish it, or something.

33. Load Map
- So you can continue working on it I guess. You have to have saved it first.

34. Save scenario.
- Save the whole scenario (map, rules, etc. ) to a scenario file, which you are asked to place in the scenario structure. Select the scenario fo your choice, and click save. The press 'back' outwards.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ctp2-editor.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	27096  
Old October 16, 2002, 17:01   #4
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Grrr i so wish there was an option in game to play flat maps
http://www.tiberiumsun.com
Old October 17, 2002, 13:25   #5
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 11:25
Quote:
Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
Grrr i so wish there was an option in game to play flat maps
To do this you could try this: Open the userprofile.txt and find there the lines:

XWrap=Yes
YWrap=No

Change both to No and enable after saving the write protection of the userprofile.txt.

Then start a new game, and you should find you on a map without X and Y wrap a flat map.

-Martin