Old October 16, 2002, 21:11   #1
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Trade Minister's Report/Proposed Orders for 1000AD
I don't think there's much need for a poll here as all i aim to do is get Mike's built (separate thread/poll for the details of that) and have the Caravans set up trade routes where they are most demanded.

Sorry cavebear, I can't really estimate how much we'll get out of each trade route, so it's too difficult to try to arrange it so that we get Invention within a turn or two of starting it via beaker boosts.

Well, here is what I hope to order:

We have 10 Caravans
-3 Sentried at CAPITOL for building Mike's
-1 S of Valencia for building Mike's

-1 S of St. Praski should go to Nara via the East Trireme
-2 in a Trireme near Nagoya (Cloth to Tsingtao, Spice to Xinjian)
-1 near Avila could go to Kyoto (if we discover it sometime) or Xinjian. This caravan is ages away from anywhere, so it is a bit useless right now. Don't bother sending any Triremes out of their way to get it if there are otehr cargoes available - this trade route won't count for as much.
-2 in Triremes near Canton (Silk to Shanghai, Coal is useless - leave in Freeport in case it comes back into style again)

We are building 11 Caravans
-Salamanca, Seville, St. Praski and Cordoba will contribute to Mike's
-Malaga: Beads to Beijing
-Valencia: Hides(no choice0 to Shanghai
-Pamplona: Silk or Copper to Beijing
-Obladi: Beads to Nanking
-Cadiz: Dye to Nara
-Saragossa: Beads to Tsingtao
-Bilbao: Wine tp somewhere we haven't discovered yet - either Vikings, Mongols or Celts.

The Caravans from Malaga. Valencia and Pamplona should be picked up by the Trireme currently near Malaga (after the diplomat is delivered) and the second Trireme near Nagoya.

After the Caravans in the Triremes E of China have been delivered, I humbly request that the Valladolid one returns to Valladolid for the future. The Bilbao Caravan there can stay until we discover the Celts, Mongols or Vikings.

I also request the other Trireme E of China now go to the continent on which we find the lieks of Obladi and Saragossa. It's a long journey, but we will have some Caravans there soon and a Trireme to shuttle them around would be nice. Thank you.

That's it apart from the specifics of rushing Mike's. As I mentioned there is a specific poll for that. Any problems with the above orders, post here or PM me.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 17, 2002, 15:49   #2
JCP
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameMacCivilization II Succession GamesScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 11:28
Globaly OK
Beware at the camel to (undiscovered) Kyoto ! As we are at war with Jap, allowing a searching camel is risky !
OK for waiting with coal, as it is a profitable good !
Old October 17, 2002, 17:00   #3
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:28
Yes, I planned to send that Coal Caravan to Freeport. It gets a ship into port, and it gets a remote Caravan ready for fast delivery when a Chinese city wants Caol again, while protected from being sunk.
Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old October 17, 2002, 20:34   #4
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

Local Time: 04:28
I take special note of the "Hides (no choice)" camel in valencia. Hides is typically a self-replenishing resource. we need to find a "sister city" that always demand hides (preferably on another coninent) and milk continuous hiddes caravans for lots of cash and beakersbeakersbeakers!! With rushbuilding and a shipchain, our research rate can easily by cut by more than half.

Can our minister investigate a bit more across this save, the previous save, and the next?

(signed)
A loyal citizen

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten
Old October 18, 2002, 07:15   #5
JCP
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameMacCivilization II Succession GamesScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 11:28
When I'm sure that a caravan will help building a Wow, I avoid to choose goods which may be usefull later : so I choose Food, that has no effect as those camels are not delivered to help growing !
Old October 18, 2002, 07:34   #6
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 19:28
the was playing and the people but the the election said you are

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old October 18, 2002, 11:44   #7
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:28
Final orders PMed to cavebear.

Sweet, sweet sleep..... (look at my post time)

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!