Old October 17, 2002, 10:13   #1
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 19:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Rulers of the Seas
This game was played at Emperor level, archipegilo huge map with 8 nations. 60% land.

This is my first attempt of a story so any helpful critiscim is welcomed. I will use any names in my story for those people that give me some helpful advice. The story will start at the invention of Maganatism, by then Russia had already fallen to the English.

The Nations are:

England
France
Germany
America
Japan
China
Greece

I hope you enjoy this first installment will be up soon.

Cheers

Last edited by Sheep; October 17, 2002 at 11:03.
Old October 17, 2002, 11:01   #2
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 19:30
Part One - England's Rise
INTRODUCTON.

England's rise started well after the annexation of the nation of Russia. It started well after the spread of the Kingdom to the neighbouring island, East Island. IT started with the construction of the Man-O-War, the bannership of the English Navy for almost 200 yrs. It enabled the Development of English supremacy on the seas, given our nation was on a tiny island among many, this was evidently the best decision that Queen Elizabeth ever made. Her ambitious goal was to control the seas to control the islands, where England's future lay. As the Prime Minister I was the one responsible.

LONDON - MARCH 24th 1203.

'What I need is more ships, we must rule the seas'The Queen roared at the Admiral
'You shall have them but the NAvy needs better ships not more of the Sails we have. We have recently discovered that we can use magnets to navigate instaed of the stars. We can build new better ships with this and maybe even get others more private intrests to build those ships to fight our enemies covertly'. The Admiral replied.

Its funny now that you mention it cause it was perhaps his policies that may of lost hs head for him. Poor old Jack_www I can remember his face when he was on the guillitone imported from France. Ohh well all is well that ends well. At the time he got the ships and the Queen expanded her plans. The nation began the expansionism of the Empire. Many island to the south were colonised, and the nation grew. Other nations envious of our postion brought our maps and our goods at inflated prices. Life was good at the start of the English expansionism. I can remebr one talk she had with our neighbour France and their leader Joan d'Arc.

'We wish to buy your world map and have some of that wonderful silk you grow'. Joan asked our gracious Queen.
'Indeed' the Queen huffed ' Next you'll want our cities and our people, I will sell you these but for 400 gc, then 3gc a year for 20 yrs'
'We were warned about your extrabiant fees but we must expect, without you knowledge of the world we are lost, now if you excuse me I would like to go back home and slit my throat after the injustice I have caused for the French people, my scribes will work everything out'.
'Be seeing you' the Queen mocked.

Our maps were indeed hot property and the fact that we were in the postion to benifit from them first was perhaps the most pleasing. The fact is though that the Great Expansion was also a period of Great MIsery as Settler's left The English homelands and English Russia to live in the new territories. Not everyone was happy at ths and some people rebelled. Of course all were put to the sword of the English army, but it was not enough. In those 40 years after the first Man-O-War set sail, the English Empire was doubled in size. The French, the Germans, the Americans, the Greeks and the people's of unknown Cathay all ogled at the Queen's maginificence. All was rosy.

to be continued
Old October 17, 2002, 14:40   #3
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 10:30
Good start looks like being a good tale, my only advice at this stage is 1 dont try to describe more than just a few events pref one in any chapter as this can have the story jumping all over the place which can make it difficult to follow 2 try to keep it flowing ie dont take more than one installment to describe the same event battle or whatever you are describing.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old October 17, 2002, 15:27   #4
SanPellegrino
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 09:30
I'm with Chrisius about the storyline, but I liked your story. Keep up the direct speech, it's much better than the "and the mighty bla founded their fifteenth city short followed their sixteenth...