Old October 17, 2002, 11:43   #1
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 11:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Max. number of captured workers?
What was the max. number of workers you have ever captured taking a city ? (in the same turn, from only one city, no city razings)

I coquered a city from the aztevs that had 17 workers in it!! I was stupid enough to take the city with my last moving unit so next turn they took it back and I had to watch the animation again. Next turn I took the city again and had to watch the damn animation with all the 17 pesky workers surrendering once again! BAAHH !!!
--Woody Allen
Old October 17, 2002, 11:52   #2
zeh
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 06:30
wow!! 17 workers!!!

When I capture 4 is a great thing for me...

I supose you have captured this high number of workers because the aztec civ was very tiny, and when you've declared war on them, all workers run to one or two cities. I'm right?
Old October 17, 2002, 11:55   #3
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

No, actually they were the most powerful civ. They eliminated 2 or 3 other civs and they had about 40% or 50% of the map. Of course, this was before they attacked me
--Woody Allen
Old October 17, 2002, 11:58   #4
Tiberius
Emperor

I forgot to mention: Standard map, 8 civs, me: persians, everything else random. The map: one big continent and 2 smaller ones.
--Woody Allen
Old October 17, 2002, 13:06   #5
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 05:30
Don't know what /if the limit is, but I do not recall capturing more than 7-8 workers.
Old October 17, 2002, 14:14   #6
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 10:30
Got nine once from the Iroquois but its usually 2 or 3 I tend to disband them in the city to rush temple if I get loads.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.