Old October 25, 2002, 02:36   #61
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 05:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Well, just open up a map into it, go to the scenario menu tab on the top, click on "custom player rules", then click on Player Properties under the same menu. Under 'Initial Era', change it from ancient to industrial (or modern). Do that for each civ (change the player at the top), then start the game up. Find the civs (or place their cities on the map, by pressing the space-bar in the editor, selecting the country in the middle area, then click on the little button at the top that looks like a city, placing one for each civ), then make screenshots.
Old October 25, 2002, 02:38   #62
Serotonin
Settler

Local Time: 09:34
Old October 25, 2002, 02:41   #63
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 05:34
Or you can do that.

Wish they would have made Ghengis a bit more well-kept in the industrial and modern eras...

Could you find us some graphics of the new unit packs?
Old October 25, 2002, 07:42   #64
WarpStorm
King

Local Time: 04:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Serotonin
Date of EXE: Monday, July 08, 2002, 11:03:00 AM
I'm sure that the real disk version will be little bit more recent than this. I'm hoping like a few weeks ago.
Old October 25, 2002, 09:32   #65
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:34
Old October 25, 2002, 10:10   #66
Serotonin
Settler

Local Time: 09:34
Assorted UUs, Kings, Buildings, & Units
Old October 25, 2002, 14:26   #67
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 04:34
when i was playing MP, i mean, when i heard people were playing MP, there were shotty graphics on all the screens (quick patchwork to cover up things or something).

... or so i heard ...

the leaders weren't right either... so i heard.
Old October 25, 2002, 18:49   #68
Adm.Naismith
King

Local Time: 10:34
Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Really? What about the 8 new civs, their leaders, and their UUs? What about new Wonders and buildings?
Well, I used the word most and please forgive me if my English isn't good enough for help me to better explain my idea.

For a place holder I mean a temporary graph symbol used instead of final graphics for game code try&test in early deveopment.

AFAIK, terrain isn't changed (if not for specials "snow" and "watercolour" tile sets), so they probably used the very same Civ III set to test PTW. Almost every units are the same (some stats balancing, but this doesn't relate).

I remember to have read about only a couple of new Wonders, and I supposed they aren't so evident until you really build them.

This left us with a possible debate about UU and Leaders, ... but in meantime UU and Leaders are been showed in all their glory in others posts, so my opinions are now history anyway...
"We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
- Admiral Naismith