Old October 18, 2002, 15:11   #1
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 09:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
WHAT TO DO? AT and DTC
ok i think Pande doesnt want his job back so we have a problem for this saturday........MWIA has been AT for the time being (well he said that he would be....he hasnt really done anything ) but will we let him do the job for so long OR shall we do...........something else?
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old October 18, 2002, 15:18   #2
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 12:34
I'm sure MWIA can handle it, the job of DoSE isn't that hard...
(whoo, that'd mean three simultanious tasks. Must be a record or something.)
Old October 18, 2002, 15:23   #3
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

yes it is....that why i wanted to ask....he MIGHT grow a terrible EGO
Old October 18, 2002, 15:32   #4
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Yeah, with that new girl on top of it. The next thing you know he's running for Commissioner. Then we are all in trouble.

Old October 18, 2002, 15:38   #5
DeathByTheSword
King

i have special ass....eh cleaning people on stand by if that happens
Old October 18, 2002, 15:41   #6
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 06:34
you have a special ass?
Old October 18, 2002, 15:45   #7
DeathByTheSword
King

stupid me.......but IF you want to now....yes i have.....i will make a CNN article from this i think.....
Old October 18, 2002, 15:56   #8
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Three microcreds say that he's gonna pull the old "ass is a donkey, you perv!" routine with that article.
Old October 18, 2002, 16:29   #9
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 11:34
If Pandemoniak really refuses to sit out his term, I might be willing to already test my poll ideas for the next term. I can't promise I'll have time for everything though. Certainly not if our commissioner would intend to play a turnsession Wednesday and Saturday.

Old October 18, 2002, 16:33   #10
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

We have a problem:

Quote:
FROM THE CONSTITUTION

Alpha-Talent:
Has the duties of:
*Being a substitute when a goverment official is impeached or has resigned
this would mean MWIA would now become the DTC, since he is the AT. however:

Quote:
FROM THE CONSTITUTION
Office Terms:
All office terms shall last one month. A member can run for a different office at the end of his term, but he cannot change offices during it.
MWIA's change of office from DoSE to AT is illegal. ooh, a juicy matter for the court, methinks
Old October 18, 2002, 16:37   #11
DeathByTheSword
King

I now but the when WMIA got the job THIS (referring to DCT) wasnt an issue..... so that wasnt a problem now it it.....WHAT to do? WHY isnt that court up and runnig yet....

@Maniac the wednesday thingy isnt working....so forget it....pity do
Old October 18, 2002, 16:40   #12
Method
Emperor

MWIA becoming AT was still unconstitutional
Old October 18, 2002, 16:53   #13
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Blah. You seriously think the court thinks it would've been better to run on without an AT at all? Besides, MWIA is *both* AT *and* DoSE. He didn't switch, he's range of office just widened a 'bit'.
Old October 18, 2002, 21:30   #14
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:34
I can always NOT be AT officially if you want and do the job as a volunteer.

Officialdom and strict rules. I hate them.

Let's say for a moment that TKG, you're perfectly right and my widening of responsibilities is unconstitutional. The reason that rule is there is so flagrant ofice-changing and swapping can't happen. I'm not doing that - we don't HAVE these positions filled anyway. If someone else wants them, go for it. If not, why not let me do it (AT at least)? And as I said above, if you still don't like it, then just call me the bureaucrat running things in the office and deny me the official title.

Besides, I don't yet accept Pande's resignation, as he has far more support here than he might think (me amonst them!). As for AT, what should I have done so far? AFAIK all he does is act as backup and start the election polls. None of these has been needed yet, and I think I can handle this much.

So if there are any serious complaints against me doing the AT's job (credited as AT or not), let me know and find someone else to do it. If not, at least let us keep the game going, hmm?

I COULD do the DTC job also if necessary - but let me know!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 18, 2002, 21:47   #15
Method
Emperor

i don't have a problem with you doing the job, just pointing out...
Old October 18, 2002, 21:52   #16
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

I know TKG... sorry. I am in a mad rush and I tend to get testy when that happens.

Old October 19, 2002, 05:01   #17
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 19:34
Maybe we don't need an Alpha Talent for a while. Indonesia managed without a Vice-President from 1997 to 1999.

Unfortunately, their constitution wasn't that of a Democracy Game.
Old October 19, 2002, 05:58   #18
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 20:34
Yes, I don't think Indonesia used polls very much under Suharto...
Old October 19, 2002, 08:07   #19
DeathByTheSword
King

oh they used polls or right to beat up people
Old October 19, 2002, 11:49   #20
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

I can't see why MWIA couldn't fill out the three jobs. AT and DoSE are virtually inactive at this point, so taking over as DoTC wouldn't be too much of a problem.
Old October 19, 2002, 12:47   #21
DeathByTheSword
King

I agree with DE about that who is coming to the turnchat tonight?????

DBTS
Old October 19, 2002, 14:28   #22
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 05:34
I'll be there. As a candidate I ought to at least start coming to turnchats.

My suggestion: The Court should rule ASAP on whether it was constitutional for MWIA to become Alpha Talent after Diablero's impeachment. If it wasn't constitutional, then for all intents and purposes, he never was.

If we have no Alpha Talent, then I'd suggest that the Commissioner take over that office's duties, including those of DoTC unless and until that office is filled. If MWIA is in fact Alpha Talent, then no problem -- he can take over DoTC (and DoSE) under the Alpha Talent's power to run an absent Directorate.

I'd also recommend that, as it's uncertain whether or not we have an Alpha Talent, DBTS run the elections, both midterm elections if we have them and end-of-month elections. If the Court rules in MWIA's favor, of course, forget I said anything.

That sound reasonable?
Old October 19, 2002, 15:33   #23
DeathByTheSword
King

i dont think the court can do all this in before the turnchat begins and well apointing MWIA was just out necessity and we have no problems with it if someone brings it to the court then i suggest just for keeping this game going to begin that after the turnchat and then decide and i pronouns MWIA as official AT-substitute until the court rules and i am in my right to do so..... but ok good that you are comming about the turnchat......i was thinking When an director is present quickpolls about subject that matter to him/her are not needed. the director has final say a quickpoll for advice is ok....but it would speed up the progress and well if the directors orders needs to be polled then why do we have directors if the director is not present then ofcourse we quickpoll.....that was all i had to say see you all at the turnchat
Old October 20, 2002, 01:10   #24
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

The court isn't in operation yet, therefore he can get away with it.

Now that the calls for a repoll seem to have disappeared, we can get on with starting the court.
Old October 20, 2002, 01:37   #25
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkness' Edge
The court isn't in operation yet, therefore he can get away with it.

Now that the calls for a repoll seem to have disappeared, we can get on with starting the court.

Old October 20, 2002, 01:45   #26
Darkness' Edge
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Or alternatively, we can keep arguing about the meaning of "expressions of interest", and maybe start the court next game.
Old October 20, 2002, 01:55   #27
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkness' Edge

Or alternatively, we can keep arguing about the meaning of "expressions of interest", and maybe start the court next game.

Just kidding. I'm still annoyed, but nothing more can be done.

Old October 21, 2002, 15:56   #28
lucky22
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Kassiopeia
Three microcreds say that he's gonna pull the old "ass is a donkey, you perv!" routine with that article.
Do you guys learn this stuff in English class, or is it just somehow universal? I'm embarrassed not to know any double entendres in French, let alone some crazy language like Swedish or Finnish.
Old October 21, 2002, 18:04   #29
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 11:34
I'm already preparing the major poll about what the general terraformation should be for each standard tile. Should I wait with posting it or can I already start it since Pandemoniak resigned? DBTS? MWIA?
Old October 21, 2002, 18:16   #30
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by lucky22
Do you guys learn this stuff in English class, or is it just somehow universal? I'm embarrassed not to know any double entendres in French, let alone some crazy language like Swedish or Finnish.
Meh. I'm an exception really. Just too much Apolyton, and Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett in the original language. I stopped learning English in school when I was eleven. Like TKG said in the chat, I, as frightening as it is, know words most native speakers don't.