Old October 22, 2002, 08:39   #1
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 03:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Apolytonian Despotism Front (NO LONGER A joke)
[roleplay]

"It is time now for the enlightened masses to return to their previous state of being ruled by an iron fist! ALL HAIL DICTATOR ____! In our new republican system of gov't, our military must be PAID for! This shame upon Apolyton is eliminated by despotism's ways to force support costs onto the population! Also despots can 'bring out the whip', thus opening up the treasury for upgrades et cetera!"
(I can see it now: Prez posting "(City Planner), bring me my whip. I'm going to go do some, um, 'motivating' at the construction in Apolyton.")

Who are we to take away our leaders' former rights? they really are better than us, and deserve their former places of intimidation rule. (Also in despotism IIRC our military can be used to hold our own ruffians!)

For as Apolytonian Arjfs Bob says: "DOWN WITH THE GOVERNMENT!!! UFOS HAVE TAKEN OVER THE WORLD!"

Now, join me in my crusade to eliminate these peasents from running around free. Return to our former state of servitude to the Despot!

[/roleplay]

EDIT: This is no longer a joke. UnOrthO has shown his unjoking support and his arguments are strong. I must say he's persuaded me, though I support any Democracy effort too. I'm such a schitzophrenic. (Note that Apolyton's free speech dictates that I have the right to 'err politically' to quote some probably dead US Supreme Court justice I think. I can see it now...the Commitee on Un-Apolytonian Activities .)

This is a joke. I repeat, this is a joke, although if anyone wants to list as a member of the Apolyton Despotism Front, they can.

Really I'll support a democracy front whenever one pops up, thanks to Arnelos for the inspiration from the Republican front...it really was a force for good in the evil King-infiltrated past.

(Or if the majority of the citizenry does want to return to despotism, maybe we can. )

Last edited by mrmitchell; October 23, 2002 at 20:42.
Old October 22, 2002, 08:53   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Oh how I do long for the days of those...'construction accidents'. They sure did inspire our citizenry to great things!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 22, 2002, 16:14   #3
Sean
Prince

Local Time: 09:42
Paying people for their labour is just a natural extension of natural law and natural rights. It was the despotic system that is the true shame.
Old October 22, 2002, 16:22   #4
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean
Paying people for their labour is just a natural extension of natural law and natural rights. It was the despotic system that is the true shame.
Yes, yes, let the hypocracy begin!

SO, then, we should immediately join all those foreign workers into our cities? You know, the ones out there cutting the Jungle, roading our empire, improving the land thatour nation live off of. After all, we are not PAYING them. Are we not infringing upon their 'natural rights' by forcing them to slave away with barely enough attention to feed them?

Go ahead Apolytonia, put on the guise of a 'republic' or a 'Democracy'. Go ahead and claim to be an enlightened people! You are fooling no one. We are a barbaric peoples, we have enslaved 3 nations, wiped America from the face of the earth, and aparantly may soon do the same to France. Let us adopt a for of government that shows the world what a truly barbaric peoples we are! Let us return to our roots and bask in the propserous Despotism that we once enjoyed! Throw off this nonsense, and these lies. If we are to be barbaric, at least allow us the honor of telling the worl of our barbaric nature while we bring them all under the heel of our glorious, almighty leader, MrWhereItsAt!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 22, 2002, 16:41   #5
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 05:42
I say we become commies as soon as possible. That way I can pull out my old whip from when I was CP prior to even our short stint with Monarchy, and make the cattle work, he he he he he ......

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old October 22, 2002, 17:16   #6
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

I have infaltrated this thread... I am from the secret Apolyton underground democratic front, and i will find you and put you to justice...

HAHAHA!!! I FOUND YOU MRMITCHEL!!!!! PREPARE TO BE PROPAGANDACIZED:

Welcome to my school of hard knocks...
Old October 22, 2002, 17:27   #7
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
I have infaltrated this thread... I am from the secret Apolyton underground democratic front, and i will find you and put you to justice...
Yet again another one of these people claiming to desire peace and prosperity.

Yet another Hypocracy.

SECRET? Why must these peacefull people desire secrecy so much? Then they come in here attempting to use VIOLENCE to institute this 'peacefull' reign that I assure you will prosper only on the backs of the slaves that they have working, all the while convincing themselves they are an enlightened people.

You prove the point in your very post. We are a violent, barbaric peoples, let us claim a government to reflect as much. DESPOTISM NOW!!! Grind the miserable heathens into obedience of our omnipotent leader, and into the service of the almighty Banana!!!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 22, 2002, 18:54   #8
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

[roleplay]
Yes, UnOrthO is right! We are a citizenry only capable of commiting barbarisms! Let us return to our Despotic roots while we can overcome this folly of "Republic" and even "Democracy" as some people envision! Aha! Hypocracy! This free exchange of ideas have overloaded Apolyton's communication, thus causing the foreign enslaved peoples(workers) to need to build even more roads to allow quicker messenger service! Our peoples have been fooled into believing that people are equal. This is not true! Our leaders are above us, and we deserve to be whipped to help Apolytonia's great constructions. (When we do switch to Despot, can I get less whips for starting this great Front? I must at least be better than the evil "Democracy" supporters, though they truly wish for a despotic leader too deep in their heart.) Now is the time to gather the Apolytonian peoples' voices together in a loud collective shout for "DESPOTISM, OR ELSE!"
[/roleplay]
Demo is fine with me, [roleplay] but don't be so evilly secret about it Panzer. You're supposed to SUPPORT the letting go of government secrets! And your propagandicizing didn't work, for a true believer in the Almighty Despot under the sanction of the Almighty Banana can never change.
[/roleplay]
It's not a gov form in CivIII, but I prefer like Dogbert the "Playful Despot" form of government...if I'm the playful despot. (I want every citizen of Contaginon to pick their nose exactly at noon. Everyone who doesnt will be executed.)
Old October 22, 2002, 19:06   #9
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 01:42
I see no joke in the need to bring order back to the heathen masses. We have been ruled by the tyrannical masses for too long. We need a strong leader to bring order, jobs, and crush foreign influences. Duddha proudly supports the ADF. Let us speak with one voice and mind,"DESPOTISM, OR ELSE!" To Victory!
Old October 22, 2002, 19:24   #10
Robber Baron
Prince

Local Time: 04:42
Anyone ever won an emperor level game playing as a despot the whole way through? I assume it's nearly impossible. Might be a kick to try.
Old October 22, 2002, 20:19   #11
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Fools, should any of you ADF challenge our peaceloving democratic soverignty, we will not hesitate to use er.. um our peaceful resolution on you!~
Old October 22, 2002, 21:32   #12
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Anyone ever won an emperor level game playing as a despot the whole way through? I assume it's nearly impossible. Might be a kick to try.
That would be very impressive.

---------------------

Calc II, I am sure we will think of some way to deal with these traitors. They will pay in time.

Sell your photos
Old October 22, 2002, 21:54   #13
mrmitchell
King

I see the ADF has generated much attention.
[roleplay]
Sheik, the government system you "support" supports the free exchange of ideas. However, you say these "traitors" will "pay." As I understand it, free exchange when actually used and not just said includes freedom to speak unpopular (i.e. a return to despotism) ideas. As UnOrthO has said, "Hypocracy!"
The masses have abused their control of power for too long. Ever since its birth these "democrats" (little d) have forced Apolyton moreso into the fist of the people. The people! HA! The people have given enough evidence that they are unfit to govern. They can only stalemate the decisions of the nation to the point simply debating a single change will take too long. While we still can, return to Despotism! NOW!
[/roleplay]
Note, this is still just a joke although I can be thanked if the public wants to return to despotism. Hehe. In real life (couldnt I just use IRL but its still not real life, I know! IRG=In real game!)
IRG I'll support a Demo Front anytime.
Old October 23, 2002, 08:26   #14
mrmitchell
King

The Apolytonian Despotism Front Review, a mini-report showing our success:

There are three citizens supporting the ADF:
mrmitchell
UnOrthO
Duddha
(Of course, I hope they're just kidding unless MWIA gets the need to bring out the whip again.)
Also, GodKing supports communism for its ability to bring out the whip. Including GK this amounts to I believe 1.18% of the population.
Any poll to change government would probably have say 75 voters being optomistic.
If all four of us voted we'd get 5.3% of the vote.
We need to do more recruiting. Or maybe the current methods to peacefully change our ways are not enough...

Watch, now UnOrthO's going to ask me to help him with the Jungle Gazzete.
(I figure if I spell it wrong he'll not, )
Old October 23, 2002, 09:07   #15
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

You havent read many issues, or you would know that spelling errors are a requirement, not a detrement.

And no, I am not joking around here. Has anyone seen me preface my statements with the roleplay tag?

Here we have talked about this is more than simply a game. Is it? Do we want it to be? If so, allow us to assume IN GAME the attitude that we take while playing the game. While in a despotic government, we pop rushed several items, and did not look back. We have enslaved workers from nearly every one of our neighbors either through force, or through barter. We have assaulted our neighbors, and brought them under the heal of our tyrannical empire. Why is it that we should become anything other than a Despotic regime? Like it or not, that is what we are. Is the claim that we are now an enlightened people? Then let us free our slaves, allow us to work and build our nation of our own hard work. That of course will not happen. We will continue slavery because whatever government we take in game, like it or not, we are a despotic regime. Allow us to show the world and at least have the honor of not pretending enlightenment.

Duddha, you are with me on this? Allow us to create a real thread, not a joke thread!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 23, 2002, 13:25   #16
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I am proud to stand next to UnOrthOdOx in this thread. We are cruel and tyranical. Let the world know it. Show it one and all, and change our "government" to let all know.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old October 23, 2002, 21:04   #17
mrmitchell
King

As UnOrthO has persuaded me I changed the first post subject to NO LONGER A joke but i dont believe I can change the thread title, shame. Also I will stop [roleplay]ing my arguments. Man, UnOrthO, you're way too convincing---next thing you know you'll be telling me that severing your limbs helps your balance, and I'll believe it.

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

You prove the point in your very post. We are a violent, barbaric peoples, let us claim a government to reflect as much. DESPOTISM NOW!!! Grind the miserable heathens into obedience of our omnipotent leader, and into the service of the almighty Banana!!!
UnOrthO speaks the truth! Let us now declare to the world our true inner self and intent! We enslave our foreigners, we whip our own citizens, we desire secrecy. Let the world know our intent, to violently conquer them and bring them also as Un says under the heel of our glorious Ruler MWIA! (I bet MWIA's glad he has a fan club. )

Come, before it is too late! Bring those free-speaking heathens back into the servitude to the Great Nation Apolytonia, which under the Almighty Banana can never fail!
Old October 23, 2002, 21:06   #18
mrmitchell
King

Ah, yes, the great rallying cry of the ADF, I had forgotten.

DESPOTISM NOW!!!
Old October 23, 2002, 21:22   #19
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

As I stated in Unortho's thread....

Pursuant to Unortho's statement that we are all unenlightened win-at-all-costs competitors... I hereby support a switch to the incredibly unenlightened form of government known as "democracy" where the masses rule themselves...

Why?

Simple, being the win-at-all-costs type of person that we all are, I'm willing to go to ANY LENGTH (as Unortho correctly claimed) to win Though many would obviously consider giving the masses real power distasteful, I am being a true Apolytonian (by Unortho's argument) by supporting the switch out of purely Apolyton-aggrandizing motives

So...

To Democracy! Give the hudled, filthy, and illiterate masses power if it will advance our nation and let the enlightened rule of the educated and literate classes be damned.

Last edited by Arnelos; October 23, 2002 at 21:42.