Old October 25, 2002, 19:43   #1
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 11:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
What Are Your Favorite Heroes3 Scenarios?
What Are Your Favorite Heroes3 Scenarios?

please do tell: short description and did it come with the game or did you download it from the internet?
Old October 27, 2002, 14:15   #2
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

Angelic Pride, downloaded from the net

it's not an RPG, but it has lots of stories and quests etc in it... the map is quite beautiful as well, which makes it much nicer to play...

anyway, it's a really tough scenario, and you will have to play it with big numbers (thousands... the cyclops king for example has 8k cyclops kings )

you're human, but you can't get angels anywere...
Old October 27, 2002, 14:38   #3
Juggler
Prince

Local Time: 10:51
the ancient Greece scenario

it came with the game but i cannot remember the exact name of this scenario (played it years ago)
the map is perfect and you have to make expeditions to other islands yet defend your cities against northeners (who become quite powerful if you don't reach them soon). great fun
Old October 27, 2002, 17:54   #4
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

The Lord of War. A totally epic quest involving the greatest armies you'll ever see in HoMM. A beatiful, well balanced - if difficult! - and utterly delightful map. Miss it at your own peril.
Old October 28, 2002, 13:09   #5
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 09:51
Hail to the King
by: Scrowe

...It had some defects in that at one point I needed the spell "summon boat" and had to cheat to acquire it.
However, the story was amazing- as was the unit balance.

I reccomend downloading it- it's Armageddons Blade compatible
Old October 28, 2002, 13:10   #6
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Trajanus- just wondering- how does the hero imprisioned in the dungeons escape?

I couldnt;' figure it out?
Old October 29, 2002, 18:38   #7
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

juggler: myth and legend. jep. it's great, ...and huge.

moomin: did you download "lord of war" or did it come with the game?

I, myself, remember liking: "lord of the rings" "brother majere" and "30 years war". all downloaded.

also those self made "Duel" scenarios are Great also!
there's only you and your opponent with few towns both, then you wait for few months to your armies to grow, give then to just one hero and then you just do battle. try it.
Old October 29, 2002, 19:07   #8
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Go here:

http://www.h3trio.com/Non_Java_Menu/nonjavamainpage.htm

choose download and maps from the menu.

Type in "Lord of War" in the searchbox for names and you'll get your choice between a RoE and an AB version. Enjoy!
Old October 29, 2002, 19:33   #9
Andemagne
King

thanks moomin
downloaded hail to the king also.
Old November 6, 2002, 22:18   #10
DarkCloud
staff

Visit THIS page on the h3trio site and you;ll see the top strategic maps

Hall of Fame page; then the Seasonal Ranking page and you'll find Scrowe Maps, Duncan Maps, Qui Jin maps, etc... ad infinifum
Old November 6, 2002, 22:35   #11
Andemagne
King

sounds great! could you please post a link.
Old November 7, 2002, 23:30   #12
DarkCloud
staff

It's at the same page that moomin cited, just at a differn't location, which I cited... My link just takes you directly to the BEST maps; wheras moomin's merely takes you to some of them.
Old November 8, 2002, 18:30   #13
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

Sorry i couldn't respond, don't have internet access at uni

It's kinda simple, just do what the messages say, i mean, run around a bit, recruit a few goblins etc... (some will always join, some won't...) you would have to go to the black tent if i recall correctly, then go to the room with all the treasure etc, down the corridor more ogres will join...
Old November 8, 2002, 21:59   #14
DarkCloud
staff

How do you beat the defenders of the black tent- I have trouble... any particular set-up arrangements?
Old November 10, 2002, 18:23   #15
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

too bad i don't remember that well, but you mean the minotaurs?

well you should have some goblins as bait, so the minotaurs don't attack your champion all at the same time,... use the champion to kill the minotaurs... i also believe your hero has a cure spell-use it every turn on your paladin
Old November 11, 2002, 13:04   #16
DarkCloud
staff

Okay, I'll try that- thanks.