Old October 28, 2002, 07:04   #31
atomant
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 19:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I am just wondering if, once we discover economics, we should switch production from the oracle to Adam Smiths? In case we haven't already done done so.

When playing on the higher levels I usually do not build city improvements till I get Adams. I then jump start production usually with temples and other one gold maint. items. Additionally as we are one our way to AC, I would suggest that we define key city production priorities now in order maximinse output later. For example mining key squares for increased production etc etc etc. I mean as we are playing Diety, do we want big cities or highly productive cities? If we want smaller cities do we therefore need harbours which increase food production, but no shields?

Thoughts, comments and criticisms welcome....
Old October 28, 2002, 07:14   #32
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 19:52
Quote:
Originally posted by JCP
Again good turns , even if less lucky with Barbs than Hydey !
You will be happy to know that in every MP game I have played since my kingship ended, I have been bombarbed with barbs including 1 game when they killed my second settler and my capital very early to allow me to see the loser screen.

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old October 28, 2002, 14:09   #33
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 11:52
Quote:
Originally posted by atomant
I am just wondering if, once we discover economics, we should switch production from the oracle to Adam Smiths? In case we haven't already done done so.
I agree, we have a lot of city's and WLTC will be very difficult even with markets in place.

Furthermore only our core will celebrate in rep as the other city's have too much corruption.

Lets go for the money
Old October 28, 2002, 16:08   #34
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

Local Time: 04:52
CELEBRATION DEMAND
Nonononono!!!!!!!!!!!

CELEBRATE! CELEBRATE!!!

We're screwing around with 10% Lux in Rep and we're worried??!??!!? What's wrong with you nervous Nellies?

Pump up the Luxuries -- even 60-70% if it's needed -- and get our cities to size 8-plus ASAP.

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten
Old October 28, 2002, 16:58   #35
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Even with 70% lux only 5 city's in our core will be celebrating, and these are allready size 5-6.................
Old October 28, 2002, 17:57   #36
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

And what would be wrong with that?

And we're probably just a few adjustments away from more celerations.

For that matter, rush a few aqueducts and get to 12. The extra production would rock, and with adam smith coming soon, the infrastructure would eventually be free...

Old October 28, 2002, 18:02   #37
-Jrabbit
Deity

Great job, Cavebear!
Quote:
Originally posted by cavebear
Demographics1440AD:
First in pop., first in land, 5th in the hearts of his countrymen.

Old October 28, 2002, 18:03   #38
-Jrabbit
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by cavebear
Foreign1440AD:
How did our reputation get to be Dishonourable???

Old October 28, 2002, 18:15   #39
-Jrabbit
Deity

We need enough camels for Leo's and the Adam Smith, plus as many as we can spare for overseas trade. The Oracle is a joke due to its early expiration.

I agree that infrastructure is now needed, Markets first, thenLibraries.

Old October 28, 2002, 18:56   #40
atawa
King

Quote:
Originally posted by -Jrabbit
And what would be wrong with that?

And we're probably just a few adjustments away from more celerations.

For that matter, rush a few aqueducts and get to 12. The extra production would rock, and with adam smith coming soon, the infrastructure would eventually be free...
Better to improve our city's so that when we go demo we can celebrate our whole empire.

Rushing a few city's to size 12 now will also mean we have to keep a high lux rate
Old October 28, 2002, 21:34   #41
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:52
Apologies for the lack of a science poll this term, but I've got some midterms to deal with here. From the last poll, we decided to go for medicine->chemistry->explosives after economics/gunpowder. Do you guys want me to put up a poll anyways or should we just keep going on this path?
Old October 29, 2002, 09:24   #42
-Jrabbit
Deity

It's the end of the month, so we probably have enough direction for now. During the November term, I plan to take over and subtly influence a few changes, thus ensuring continuation of our technological dominance.

Old October 29, 2002, 12:15   #43
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

I came in a wee too late for the science poll
so I have not had a chance to vote on the tech thread. Explosives are but from what I have seen there is not that much land left to develop. Therefore, we can afford to wait for engineers. How about Sanitation after medicine? It will help our cities grow from all the

we seem to be planning!
Old October 29, 2002, 14:41   #44
JCP
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameMacCivilization II Succession GamesScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Quote:
[SIZE=1] Do you guys want me to put up a poll anyways or should we just keep going on this path?
The path is clear, and as we have a poor discovery rythm, new propositions are to be advanced for the next month !
Old October 29, 2002, 15:57   #45
Zedd
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 05:52
Quote:
Originally posted by obiwan18
I came in a wee too late for the science poll
so I have not had a chance to vote on the tech thread. Explosives are but from what I have seen there is not that much land left to develop. Therefore, we can afford to wait for engineers. How about Sanitation after medicine? It will help our cities grow from all the
we seem to be planning!
Actulally we have a wide range of land we could seatle on all the islands. The main land has room fro about 3 more cities, the middle island room for at least one, and the west most land is a large continent taht sofar is only inhabited by us and barbarians. We have lots of room to expand but our resources are very shallow now. We need more infrastructure and a faster growth rate, both of which we should see develop within the first few turns of next term. Thats why I wanted to be city planner again, it we be very exciting to see our tech, pop, and production go thru the roof in this republic.