Old November 3, 2002, 18:52   #31
HazieDaVampire
King

Local Time: 09:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
ok, game begun to heat up in my last few turns!
this is what i like doing,
Greece invaded, i dunno why but they decided to waste 3 turns invading in the middle of my massive southern beach, instead of just droping their archers off at the end.
This mite of been because that area was being Defended by offensive land units, and their wern't much of them either! I took some decisions:
The archers couldn't make it to some of my citys in the next turn, so i took my knights and horsemen from them citys and used them to attack the archers. They did manage to kill them archers, but couldn't make it back to the citys that turn, they were injured but luckly i killed the first wave. A wave came next turn of 2 archers and a musketmen unit, my knights only had one or two hitpoints but i manage to get some from further away, some couldn't make it to the archers but could make it to the undefended citys, these however left other citys undefended.

my army only comes in close to somthing like 'dads army'!
Old November 3, 2002, 18:58   #32
miccofl
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 04:54
Quote:
830ad, french are dead!
and for the first time it wasn't me who killed them!
That is surprising! The French, in my game experience are the most picked on by the AI.
Old November 3, 2002, 18:59   #33
HazieDaVampire
King

oh, sorry about this. Heres a screen shot of my econamy.
if only we could upload things to our old posts!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	spending plan.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	28385  
Old November 3, 2002, 19:16   #34
miccofl
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Quote:
my army only comes in close to somthing like 'dads army'!
Wow! You got these?
Old November 4, 2002, 11:55   #35
HazieDaVampire
King

i bet you found that picture and were just dying for some place to put it?

-ADDED-

Oh, and the french brought their death on them selves. They declared war on me, so i got 4 civs against them! then they got more civs!
Old November 5, 2002, 09:31   #36
miccofl
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Quote:
then they got more civs!
I did too! (Finally found a store that had PTW)
Old November 18, 2002, 13:18   #37
HazieDaVampire
King

ok, hi again, i'm sorry for the lack of updates, i started this thread from the start of my game, unlike my last game which i started it just cuz my game was red hot.

my game wasn't going well, and i ended up getting invaded.

But, i've started a new game and in 2 days i have managed to catch up to where i was in my last game!

The newly discovered Americans (along with Indians and Russians) have a continent with Russia, and as you can guess, they hardlys have a peacefull boarder, and russia is now tiny because America has invaded!

It looks like America is going to end up invading everyone, and i'll end of with a kind of scenario that us over in Europe had during WW2.

So, fingers crossed that they do somthing like that! I never like to declare war for gain, i always prefer for some reason to be pressed into war, or because a civ is getting to large and is invading others far to much!

Another cool thing about my current game is that its been 100% peaceful for my civ! However, the eastern world has been at war alot!

(I and a load of civs are the eastern world, its kind of like Europe, lots of civs fighting over land, they arn't super big either!)
(The Western world is Russia, America, and India, india is on an island by its self, and has a small island to its north that i am going to try and settle on! I always try to make a Falklands Scenario!)
Old November 18, 2002, 19:28   #38
Mad Bomber
King

Local Time: 05:54
Hazie:

No insult intended but this thread really should belong in the stories section, I suppose a mod will move it eventually...

Please don't post stories like this again, The war was going badly so you quit....WTF!!! And you expect us to keep Reading..... come on give us a break. Tell us a story, not I did this, I did that...blah,blah,blah...Use your imagination, and put some narrative into it, you will find that many more people will be willing to read on, and on... even a few will beg you for updates. Check out Civfanatics stories site if you arn't sure what I am talking about. I haven't checked out the story section on this site yet, but I hope they are better than this.
* There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.
Old November 18, 2002, 20:25   #39
miccofl
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Well, now we know why you're called the "Mad" Bomber...
Old November 18, 2002, 20:27   #40
miccofl
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Hey Haz! Please continue.
Old November 18, 2002, 20:45   #41
Mad Bomber
King

miccofl:

hey I was willing to stick with the story until The last post, If he gives up on the game, why should I give him my attention? The fact that he quit, started a new game and continued as if nothing happened puzzles the hell out of me.

I have since checked out the story section of Apolyton, and it is comparable to Civfanatics, so If you want some good reading, then you should head there instead.
Old November 19, 2002, 12:41   #42
HazieDaVampire
King

in my first one i did do little storys, inclueding beach landing.

I just really wasn't in the mood, I don't mind, i infact like, some problem during an invasion or war. It just puts me out of the mood when they've invaded and managed to take half my island.

Anyway, i've got my dream situation in my new game, i've got a rival who is twice as big as me.
Old November 19, 2002, 13:57   #43
HazieDaVampire
King

NEWS JUST IN!
The President of Imperial America has demanded a sum of 1kgold and the current version of the British isle map.

The demand was rejected by the British Unionist Government (one of my new government type (10.0.0)) and the Americans Declared war, this is Britains first ever war (1280ad).

This is just after the production of offensive land units, and Naval units was increased.
Old November 19, 2002, 14:05   #44
HazieDaVampire
King

Ok, the militery (you could call it the thourght prossing part of my brain) council (voices in my head) are discussing (please make them stop!) where the best place to invade would be,

Current targets are:
Phoenix island
Las Vegas island
Richmond island (also inclueds Kansas city)

These are all islands on the south east part of the American/Russia continent

(oh, and an update on that! Russia just has a small one square island!)
Old November 19, 2002, 18:54   #45
miccofl
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Bomber
miccofl:

If he gives up on the game, why should I give him my attention?
You posted, you tell me.

Quote:
The fact that he quit, started a new game and continued as if nothing happened puzzles the hell out of me.
I was disappointed too, but as an American I can respect his right of free speech.

Quote:
I have since checked out the story section of Apolyton, and it is comparable to Civfanatics, so If you want some good reading, then you should head there instead.
If I want good reading I will pick up a book, when I want to read about a civ3 game and get a good laugh in the process, I read Hazie's thread.

But that's my choice, as you have your's. Please don't try to force your choice on me.
Old November 19, 2002, 19:01   #46
miccofl
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

So tell us a little about this Unionist government.

What's the current tech/military level?

Quote:
Originally posted by: HazieDaVampire
The President of Imperial America has demanded a sum of 1kgold and the current version of the British isle map.
Jeez, I'd have settled for a good patch for PTW
Old November 19, 2002, 19:04   #47
HazieDaVampire
King

well, we've just got into industrial age, i have, 2 techs i think, the one before hostpitles and the one that gives railroads.

And Unionist Government is short for Local Union, my idea of EU on smaller scale.
I have a united States one too.
Old November 19, 2002, 19:28   #48
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

"you should read ther instead" that sounds like a suggestion, not a demand.
Old November 19, 2002, 19:57   #49
miccofl
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

We're going to get one of Ming's postcards if we don't stop this; but unsolicited advice is never "a suggestion."

Hazie, listen to the voices...
Old November 21, 2002, 00:31   #50
Mad Bomber
King

Miccofl:

I responded because Hazie could make this an interesting story, but I just can't follow it in its current version. Also I wanted to indicate my displeasure over restarting the game. If you want to post a thread on a game, please have the decency to finish the game, or finish the thread. It is a huge letdown to read (paraphrazed version) "I got my a$$ kicked so I started over" Finally since Hazie is posting this, I figured that he may want to include more readers, and adding narration will certainly do that. If you read this thread for the humor value of it, then I cannot fault you. The suggestion to head to the stories section was exactly that---a suggestion, not a demand. You may take it or leave it as you wish. As for unsolicited advice, any time you post you are soliciting advice (commentary).
Old November 21, 2002, 13:42   #51
HazieDaVampire
King

you wouldn't happen to be using a double login would you? You seem a little to smart for a usual Chieftain.
Old November 21, 2002, 14:28   #52
ChaotikVisions
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Seniority(post count) isn't exactly a sign of intelligence. Doesn't really mean anything besides just how many times they've posted. Just wanted to point that out.

As for the other stuff, what does it matter Mad Bomber? I doubt Hazie posted it here entirely to enthrall readers and hope people enjoyed it. Its probably a mix of hoping people enjoy a play-by-play and being able to tell everyone about your current game. I mean i'll tell people in IRC channels I idle in I just slaughtered about 10 million Idians through bombardment and starvation in the last war, but I don't think they really care. On here Hazie knows there will be some people following it anyway, doesn't need any strict format or anything.

Also advertising other sites is just in bad taste, especially since you start doing it after someones story doesn't fit how you'd like to be. If you don't like it, quit reading. Its as simple as that. Anyway, enjoying the game, can't wait to hear about how the war against the Americans goes.
Old November 21, 2002, 14:37   #53
HazieDaVampire
King

no, its just usualy the intelligent people who can actualy be bothered to stay playing the same game (ie, civ3) and have a reason to post.

I'm not saying everybody with a high post count is intelligent, just some. The rest just post to much!
Old November 21, 2002, 22:35   #54
miccofl
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Bomber
Miccofl:

I responded because Hazie could make this an interesting story, but I just can't follow it in its current version. Also I wanted to indicate my displeasure over restarting the game. If you want to post a thread on a game, please have the decency to finish the game, or finish the thread. It is a huge letdown to read (paraphrazed version) "I got my a$$ kicked so I started over" Finally since Hazie is posting this, I figured that he may want to include more readers, and adding narration will certainly do that. If you read this thread for the humor value of it, then I cannot fault you. The suggestion to head to the stories section was exactly that---a suggestion, not a demand. You may take it or leave it as you wish. As for unsolicited advice, any time you post you are soliciting advice (commentary).
Why didn't you just say that in the first place? What set me off, when you first posted was (and you started your post with it):

Quote:
Please don't post stories like this again
and etc. An invocation to censorship...

Please understand, I live in a part of the US where attempts at the removal of books and other material form public and school libraries happens on a weekly basis. Just last weekend a church in a nearby community held a bonfire – for books, so I take censorship seriously. Here are some more opinions on the subject, it’s not just me:
  • “Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. It is the one un-American act that could most easily defeat us.” -Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas
  • “One man's vulgarity is another's lyric." - Supreme Court Justice John Marshall Harlan
  • “Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself. It is the hallmark of an authoritarian regime." –Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart
  • “You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police. Yet in their hearts there is unspoken - unspeakable! - fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts! Words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home, all the more powerful because they are forbidden. These terrify them. A little mouse - a little tiny mouse! -of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic." - Winston Churchill
  • “Don't join the book burners. Don't think you are going to conceal thoughts by concealing evidence that they ever existed." -Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • “To prohibit the reading of certain books is to declare the inhabitants to be either fools or slaves." -Claude Adrien Helvetius
  • “Fear of corrupting the mind of the younger generation is the loftiest form of cowardice." -Holbrook Jackson
  • “Did you ever hear anyone say 'That work had better be banned because I might read it and it might be very damaging to me?" -Joseph Henry Jackson
  • “Censorship, like charity, should begin at home; but unlike charity, it should end there." -Clare Booth Luce
  • “Free societies...are societies in motion, and with motion comes tension, dissent, friction. Free people strike sparks, and those sparks are the best evidence of freedom's existence." -Salman Rushdie
  • “But the truth is, that when a Library expels a book of mine and leaves an unexpurgated Bible lying around where unprotected youth and age can get hold of it, the deep unconscious irony of it delights me and doesn't anger me.” -Mark Twain

I now see that was not your intent, my apologies for the misunderstanding. I too was disappointed with the way the thread was going, but what would we have thought if he had told us a story about how the AI handed his ass to him because he played it out. Instead, we get a thread that stimulates social commentary on real life issues that are created by playing the game we all know and love, Civ3.

Old November 22, 2002, 01:55   #55
Mad Bomber
King

Chakotik:

I hope that Hazie did post here to benifit other posters who might be interested in what he has to say. I am not saying that Hazie doesn't have the right to post anything he wishes but I think that anyone who starts a thread should have more of a target audience than him or herself (and I do think that Hazie wishes that others read and likes the games that he plays) As for the plug it was inadvertent. I have been posting on the 'other site' since July but I am having problems with my account so I decided to check out this one.

Miccofl:

When I posted my first response I was a little upset, (but I am fealing MUCH better now ) I certainly did not intend to censor Hazie, just offer some blunt but honest advice. However I still feel that Hazie needs more depth and information in his posts wether given in a report format or a narritive format (and more screenshots have never hurt) I understand and agree with your adversion to censorship, each person must decide for him or herself what is appropriate for them.

Hazie:

I am not a newbie to CIv games nor to Civ fansites only a newbie in Apolyton.
Old November 22, 2002, 13:30   #56
HazieDaVampire
King

yes, i need to get round to them, they just take a bit of work getting rid of the water marks.

i'll upload some maby tonight. I'm buisy making a massive campaign for operation flashpoint.
Old November 22, 2002, 15:17   #57
Traelin
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by miccofl

It's the "War of Northern Agression" all over again. Don't give up the skeer!
Damn right baby! "The War of Northern Aggression".
Old November 22, 2002, 16:10   #58
HazieDaVampire
King

ohhh, i cant beleave i didn't update and tell you about this!

I've taken the southern city on an island, i cant remember its name!

I'll upload two screenies (one being a map). And i'll find out that city name!
Old November 22, 2002, 16:17   #59
HazieDaVampire
King

It was the island of Pheonix!

Heres a pic!
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	beachhead.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	29855  
Old November 22, 2002, 16:21   #60
HazieDaVampire
King

Ok, my current Civs geographical status is:
One continent
Half an island
The City of Exeter just sitting by its self in the middle of an ex-battlefield where a civ used to be!
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	map 1.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	29856