King

Local Time: 11:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian
I notice that many of you haven't updated your signatures, lol

-Mellian
lol

anyway.. I've updated it right now... but hopefully the Giovanni's Brothers will have an higher rank than "Thief" and "Traitor" any time soon

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old November 13, 2002, 18:38   #62
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

Local Time: 10:11
I tried to write a story, but it was too hard! trying to get into other peoples heads, and then there was the commitment, so I have given up!
Old November 13, 2002, 18:43   #63
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 05:11
given what up? what were you trying to do?

if you want to clarify somethings, can do so in this thread.... that is what his thread is for, to discuss the game, ideas, plots and so on

-Mellian
Old November 16, 2002, 09:20   #64
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 04:11
i think we should give sheep 2 more strikes: if he doesn't post something productive before posting two more unreasonable things we kick him out.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old November 16, 2002, 10:33   #65
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Uhmm... I hope there won't be any need to do that, especially because Apolyton need his enemy to fight against (maybe creating a CFC Civ ).

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old November 16, 2002, 18:35   #66
Apep
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:11
Do I need to download anything to play this?
Is the position of Religious Advisor available? How about the position of cultural Advisor? Or are they the same thing?
Do I really need a signature?
Old November 16, 2002, 19:11   #67
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:11
as far as I know it cultural advisor is open, no one is playing the cultural advisor. You dont need to download anything, just post what you do in the game thread.
Old November 18, 2002, 20:31   #68
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 03:11
i would like to take part in the apolytonian empire...are there any requirements?
Old November 18, 2002, 23:37   #69
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

About Consitution in story
I read that you said you put codes of laws with in the Consitution of the new Republic for Apolyton. A Consitution is more of how a government is to be fromed and runed. If you at the US consitution, no were in it does it have laws, like murder is illegal, stuff like that. It has the foundation of how the United States government is to be runned. I think putting laws into it is not such a good idea. It is better to spreate the two.
Old November 18, 2002, 23:38   #70
Mellian
Queen

other then the rules stated in the Great Library, no
also good idea to atleast read the last two page of the game to give an idea of whats going on at the moment.

just start playing as whatever character with whatever position.

the government positions available are:

Domestic Advisor
Science Advisor (unless the last one decides to return to apolyton b4 another person takes it)
Culture Advisor
Foreign Advisor (i already have a basic flexible script of the diplomatic relations between other nonplayer civs...and how they will be like in the near story future. so may have to PM me a lot or me PM the one playing the foreign advisor of the current world events between other civs, and what their reaction to apolyton will be. has for the rest of minor details is up to the player playing the foreign advisor)
Governor positions
Ambassador for another nation positions
and so on

As for the military, there is the Commander of the Navy available.... along with other lesser General and Admiral positions, followed by even lesser Colonel/Commodore and down positions. Can be quite fun commanding a single unit or more.

Plus, there is many other positions someone can come up with and take within the Apolyton empire...... if you want to be a Religious leader, go ahead. *looking at Apep* ...just that there is no Religion Advisor, just Culture Advisor....unless we become a Fundamentalist nation, which i very doubt it will happen me thinks.

-Mellian
Old November 18, 2002, 23:38   #71
Jack_www
King

Quote:
Originally posted by foolish_icarus
i would like to take part in the apolytonian empire...are there any requirements?
No there is not requirements to be in the story. Just find a open spot in government, and we can write you in, or you can just be a normal everyday person in the Apolyton Empire.
Old November 19, 2002, 00:08   #72
Jack_www
King

more about the consitution in the story. A lot of the stuff you put in there took a long time devoloped the ideas and concepts. Also too like the trade adivorsor in the game said, right now Apolyton is running under the serf system, and I think any such changes would be opposed by the merchant class and other groups. I am just trying to be realistic. As for owning guns and weapon, this is the 1400's not modern age. Almost everyone owns some type of weapon, be a sword which I think would be more common, to muskets already.
Old November 19, 2002, 01:41   #73
Mellian
Queen

yes, but the rights to bear arm was in place of the american constitution mainly because the populace would be able to defend themselves against the english...and also maybe because to keep the government in line....which is a pretty fruitless attempt with modern US, especially with Bushy as prez

also, doesn't mean require people to have them or say it isn't allowed by not mention it in the constitution.

Why would the merchants have problems with the constitution, especially if it doesn't say anything about Trade and Economy?

As for the nobility, my impression so far that they don't really exist in apolyton.... closest ones to bbe considered nobility are Governors, who are picked from anywhere pretty liberally...like the Advisors and Military commanders.

also, don't confuse Monarchy with feudalism.

-Mellian
Old November 19, 2002, 16:51   #74
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

About the English War:

As the English are for already 4 months waiting for the attack.. I put in my story, that the Cognac raiders hiding in the forest saw a big English Army build up near the Western side of the mountains.

So basically the english together with German, Spanish and French trrops will try to invade America from across the Western Mountains (the one with the English fortresses), as they feel that Apolyton was to afraid to attack them (they already waited 5 months.. it's time for them to go in the action I think, no nation which is at war with another nation would just wait to be invaded)

Saluti
Old November 19, 2002, 20:10   #75
foolish_icarus
King

do we have information on the improvements and facilities etc. present at the various cities?
Old November 20, 2002, 02:26   #76
Jack_www
King

Quote:
Liam Sheep after having his hideout blown up to smithereens has relocated to an unkown region of the world to conitue his war against the corrupt government in Apolyton.

There was an assaination attept against Chief of Staff Melian and the famous COlonel Cognac. Cognac, had been hit by the bullet, but Sheep has yet found out if he will survive. Melian escaped the blast of Gunpowder at her headqauters, as she was out of the office at the time. However 100 dedicated staff and scribes of the Chief persished.

That is all

FOR THE REVOLUTION!!!!
Sheep I dont mind having someone fighting against us, but you need to keep some things in mind when you post things. First off this is the 1400's. If you want to blow any kind of buildings up you would need tons of gun powered, and that is not so easy to sneek past anyone. Anther thing is that Colonel Cognac is in the woods hiding and going on covert missions, not even the Apolyton Army knows exactly were he is, so how could one of your agents know were he is??? He has no contact with the outside world, expect when he sends out s rider to tell us what he has done and seen. So this does not make any sense.

Please, if you want to plot against us make it more interesting. Just posting random bombings and assainations gets old after a while, and people get sick of it. Also if you kill our chacters in the story, then that means we are out of the game. You want most of the main chacters of a story to live so you can acutally have something to write about.
Old November 20, 2002, 07:53   #77
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by foolish_icarus
do we have information on the improvements and facilities etc. present at the various cities?
not really, but i know Giovanni, who use to be the Domestic Advisor, mention some improvements for some cities in the first or second or third page.

all of the coastal cities have harbors

Arhei as no marketplace

Apolyton city as the Palace, Great Library, City walls with cannons, and etc

All i can remember from the story that as been mentioned or refered too.

but if you plan to be DOmestic Advisor, you can make the rest up if you wish

-Mellian
Old November 20, 2002, 16:47   #78
foolish_icarus
King

what medieval wonders have not yet been built?
Old November 21, 2002, 02:25   #79
Mellian
Queen

As for Wonders....

Apolyton as the Great Library

England as Magellan

Egypt as the Pyramids

Babylon as the Hanging Gardens

China as Sun-Tzu and the Great Wall (only civ with two wonders at the moment)

thats all i have at the moment... rest can be made up... also possible to make some new wonders and small wonders... as long it makes sense or copy the same benefits from another.

-Mellian
Old November 21, 2002, 02:57   #80
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 20:11
Okay one thing to say to this nonesense about nonsencial thingyies. One yeah gunpowder is hard to move around, but as I have only recently been removed fro office I would still have connections.

In the Gunpwder Plot in Britain by the Catholics to blow up the Queen, they only failed when one member ragged on the scheme. Now if you want excitement in the story thats all fun and games, but as the story is progressing everone is all rosy with each other, the wart against the English can't go wrong. Now I don't want to play this kind of game.

Also it doesn't stop you guys stuffing me up all the time. Apply your own twisted logic.

Bah I hav had it with you jokers. This NES is gay!
Old November 21, 2002, 02:59   #81
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack_www

Anther thing is that Colonel Cognac is in the woods hiding and going on covert missions, not even the Apolyton Army knows exactly were he is, so how could one of your agents know were he is??? .
Agent with the Cognac Riders, use your imagination
Old November 21, 2002, 03:01   #82
Sheep
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack_www
Also if you kill our chacters in the story, then that means we are out of the game. You want most of the main chacters of a story to live so you can acutally have something to write about.
I haven't killed abyone yet I have injured some and have made some people have problems but I won't take anyone out of the game, as I would've hoped you bestow upon me.

Anyway I could give a **** anymore
Old November 21, 2002, 08:21   #83
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
In the Gunpwder Plot in Britain by the Catholics to blow up the Queen, they only failed when one member ragged on the scheme.
umm, Apolyton Palace was heavilly defended by the military, unlike the Queen's palace.

Quote:
Now if you want excitement in the story thats all fun and games, but as the story is progressing everone is all rosy with each other, the wart against the English can't go wrong. Now I don't want to play this kind of game.
thee war can go wrong, but yur not being very creative and imaginatibe simply go around trying to assassinate and blow up stuff without much description.

Quote:
Bah I hav had it with you jokers. This NES is gay!
First of all, APolyton Empire is not a NES. Second of all, i don't tolerate you using the "gay" in such a way.

Your the weakest link, buh bye.

-Mellian
Old November 21, 2002, 08:23   #84
Mellian
Queen

Just to inform you Sheep, i am keeping the moderators informed of this, so suggest you behave.

-Mellian
Old November 21, 2002, 14:01   #85
mmtt
Warlord

It may be better to deal this with pms or whatever. I don't think flame war is really interesting IMHO.
Old November 21, 2002, 14:15   #86
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Sheep: If you would give some background to your actions it would be better. Yes, we don't know what your organization is doing internally, but it's still part of the story.

Also, I think it might be a nice idea for us to start losing the war...

proposal: If there is a unanimous vote (not including the person to be removed), someone can be removed from the game.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse

Last edited by civman2000; November 21, 2002 at 14:25.
Old November 21, 2002, 15:02   #87
Jack_www
King

To Sheep:
Here is what I would do if I were your character in the story(note this is just some ideas)

One, try to find out what the Apolyton Army war plans are and give them to the English. This would really make the war bad for Apolyton and give the English upper hand.

Two, try and use the Republic movement to my advantage to take over the government some how, or place people into government that would be friendly towards me.

Three try and see if I can make allies in the Apolyton government. Maybe in millitary. If you get backing of millitary, that could help alot.

These are just some things I thave thought of and I am sure you can come up with more. We just get sick of your random assianations and bombings. You only post one a week, and when you do what you post makes no sense. We want to have interesting story, if you feel you can make it more interesting, with out having to have random assinations and bombings, and have real spy stuff going on, then write it.
Old November 21, 2002, 23:19   #88
Sheep
King

okay point taken, I have been busy with exams so my creative tendicies have been down, and when people start slagging me I get annoyed.

To Melian: Sorry to have upset you and I would like to continue the game if it is okay.

To civman: You can conduct this vote if you wish, I fully understand.

To the rest: I will try to be more creative.
Old November 22, 2002, 20:06   #89
civman2000
Emperor

Sheep: on your latest post

Old November 24, 2002, 13:43   #90
Mellian
Queen

okay, we need ideas to make Apolyton Empire more interesting then just wars....

so any ideas anyone? i have a few, but don't want to simply throw it in...

-can have a short-live plagued that kills thousands

-another civil war, followed by the moderator's death... like between the peaceful republicans, militant republicans, monarchist aristocrats, and so on.

-we can begin peace talks once we surround London, which Elizabeth couldn't escape...and surrendered after massive cannon bombarbment, no realize the Apolyton forces have become after York, Warwick, Conventry and the heavy fighting in and out of London.