Old November 14, 2002, 20:27   #301
Easthaven I
Prince

Local Time: 04:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
TO Field Marshalls(secret):

Here is what my Cognac's Raiders have found.

Quote:
Exploring these mountains we discovered many natural tunnels, which will be very helpful when it will come to destroy the English Frotresses.
Quote:
The main forts are just two, although 10 smaller ones are nearby and are situated on higher positions on moutains.
Quote:
These are the English forces we counted defending the mountains
Quote:
The two niggest forts take 25% of those forces each.
Quote:
We also have discovered a very long tunnel that would allow us to pass under the forts.. but it is very narrow and not very high... so only very few soldiers at a time can use it... and surely not any cannons or knight can go down there.
Quote:
I have left 150 men, which I trust as myself gaurding the tunnel"
In order to not waste too much time and men and supplies I suggest just bypassing and surrounding like you said Field Marshall Jack and just starve them out.

==============

To Colonal Cognac:

Well done, you've proven yourself yet again. I have another assignment for you. Near the city of Newcastle there is a large horse ranch, this is where all their knights get their horses. It is a very large stable and is one of the main supplies of horses to the English, we do not know if they have others. Anyways, this stable is near the frontlines which makes it so easy for them to acquire the supply and so important a target for us. Therefore, I want you to take your riders and raid that stable in the cover of night. Burn it down, free the horses, steal as many as you can. But be sure to burn it all down so that nothing is left but ashes. I want to cripple that supply so that it will take months for them to rebuild. If some horses don't run off then shoot them. War is an ugly business especially when you have to kill innocent animals but the only rule to war is to win as quickly as possible. Remember that. Good luck, Colonel. If you need more men or supplies take them.

-Field Marshall Easthaven I
Old November 14, 2002, 21:50   #302
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 05:12
OOC: why send Iroquois to france??? Aztec and Zulus will be there... also, Aztec and Zulus haven't declared war on the European Union yet and they don't know that France as Right of Passage to them... whenever Aztec/Zulus attack, France will get removed from the Union...
Old November 14, 2002, 22:41   #303
Easthaven I
Prince

OOC: What are you trying to say? You want to stay away from the French border altogether?
Anyways I made a mistake, Zulus and Aztecs will strike from France, not the Iroquois(they're above America). The Iroquois will take part in the combined offensive of Apolytonians, Americans from the American border with England.
Old November 14, 2002, 23:03   #304
Mellian
Queen

Doesn't matter what i want, i am just moderating and stating some facts. Your leading the Army, do as you wish ...and don't hurt me

January 1401

TO Military Advisor
FROM Foreign Advisor

The Aztecs and Zulus informs me that they'll be ready by the time we attack.
Old November 14, 2002, 23:16   #305
Easthaven I
Prince

OOC: lol, you're the boss I was just asking some questions.
Anyways, do we have right of passage with France? Are they willing to let us go through their land? Thats what I was assuming but I might be wrong. And are they supporting us in the war?

January 28th 1400

To: Foreign Advisor

Keep trying to get support from France. Get all that you can, ROP or even an alliance in the war or possibly just supply lines running through their country as well as troops. They could play an important role that would be very beneficial for us.
Old November 14, 2002, 23:43   #306
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 02:12
Oops. I meant uh, months.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old November 15, 2002, 02:41   #307
Mellian
Queen

OOC: No, we currently don't have right of passage...but like i said earlier, there is a good chance for the English navy to spot any ships going to france. A supply line would be a long one, at risk of being cut off by enemy ships.

Quote:
January 28th 1400

To: Foreign Advisor

Keep trying to get support from France. Get all that you can, ROP or even an alliance in the war or possibly just supply lines running through their country as well as troops. They could play an important role that would be very beneficial for us.
TO Commander of the Army
FROM Foreign Advisor

I'll speak to the French ambassador about a right of passage, but do realize that we are "officially at war" with France.
Old November 15, 2002, 02:42   #308
mmtt
Warlord

Local Time: 11:12
To Field Marshalls:
A diversion is a good idea but sending forces through from San Francisco to Brighton is very perilous. Our troops will be easy target for manowar and coastal batteries.

We will lose a lot of men trying to cross and the enemy will surely know where we will land and European Union forces will be awaiting us on the beaches and in the countryside.
Without reinforcements and fighting outnumbered this army will be slaughtered.

Amphibious assault needs a full sea domination
OOC:
Remember D-Day, full air and sea domination for the Allies. But they used a deception to mass German forces in northern France.
-----------------------------------------------------
In my opinion:
-A primary objective: destruction of enemy forces along America border
-A secondary objective: Threatening London to make peace terms easier
-A third objective: destruction of enemy northern ports/Navy

These goals can be completed by a powerful offensive outnumbering the enemy, outgunning him.
With this flank threatened he may even retreats. This is where fast cavalry units, ie Fox riders, blow up bridges to stop enemy retreat. Meanwhile, infantry and artillery mass around London. If the Queen doesn't surrender, London will become ashes.
In a final move, knights and light units(medieval units or knights without heavy armor) storm in the north from city to city. And Allies unit attack southern ports.

The English would lose at least 75% of their armed forces. Isolated, without orders, they will become weak and exposed to our fast strikes will surrender.

We need
-in Infantry: 200.000 men: around at least 85 musketmen
-in Cavalry: 50.000 fox riders and 75.000 knights
-in Artillery: 200-300 cannons.

We could start the offensive in Summer of this year.
Old November 15, 2002, 03:03   #309
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

To Field Marshall Easthaven and Thunderfire:
Thunderfire I like your plan and is the same thing I was thinking, thus that is the plan we will use. Taking London to make the English surrender. With fooling the english troops, we should not land any troops in England like that, like Thunderfire said you will be sending 70,000 troops to their deaths. We must make a fake army with fake ships and make them think we will attack by sea. But of course never landing troops there. We can send one of our top General's to the area where the fake army is to make it appear to the English that we will be attacking by the sea.

OOC:
In WW2 the allies never sent any troops to the area they want to make the German think that they were going to attack. Instead they made it look like the Allies were massing somewere else and made it apear they would attack somewhere else as well. They even sent General George Patten to the fake army to further convince the Germans, since they believed that we would be apart of the intial invasion of Germany. Also they had crack the German code and could tell weather or not the Germans bought the fake army or not.
Old November 15, 2002, 04:12   #310
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 20:12
The assasin stole into the apolytoner camp while the night was at its peak. The sentries obviously preoccupied with the pre-planned diversion were no where to be found.

When the day broke the commanding General of the army came in to find his body-double and loyal bodygaurd slain by a dagger in the heart, a note left beside him.

'To the Government of Apolyton. I your rightful ruler and Commader, Liam Sheep, successor of the murdered Emperor Chuko 1, have avended the Emperor upon your general. You will share his fate by my assaisns, theievs and spies throughout the Empire, until justice prevails'.
Old November 15, 2002, 05:14   #311
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

Local Time: 10:12
Chief of Staff Mellian

I propose that the Ministries of external and Internal Finance be merged, with I as the minister.

On trade related matters, the Aztecs will offer 1 silk for 30 gold per turn, no more no less. This is the best that they can do, as there are other offers for the silk.

Drako Chuko
Old November 15, 2002, 09:42   #312
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Giovanni Cognac, and his 500 Cognac raiders, using several little boats, manged to land in the countryside near the city of Newcastle.
It was a very dark night, and clouds were covering the ski, no light coming from the moon or the stars.

Giovanni Cognac waited a long time for a night like this, and finally some good luck.

No guards would be able to scout him in this dark.

Sweeping through the crop fields for an hour or two, Cognac and his men arrived in the vicinity of the Stable.

Cognac said to Kevin

"Kevin.. you are the shortest one here, and you speak good english.. go there, and report me how many guards are in there"

They waited for about one hour and a half... but finally Kevin got back

"I counted 100 men guarding that, but there is an english camp nearby, it's a very big one, and may hold up to 10 maybe 20 thousand men, and Newcastle is not too far away"

"we need to do everything very quietly then"

"How many horses are there?"

"A lot, the stable is huge... "

-uhmm.. Easthaven was right- thought Cognac -this place is of vital importance for the english, if they set up such an high security, if they discover us, they'll kill all of us-

Giovanni took 10 of his men, including Kevin,and left the others to look watch their shoulders

Cognac and his 10 came near the stable,

"uhmm.. there 5 guards near the entrance, it's impossible to go from there, but look there,.. only 1 guard, to protect that wall.. if we manage to kill him we can climb up the wall"

with a quiet move, the guard was killed, and the 10 were in the stable.

"Ok... give my sword" said Cognac to Kevin

"yes sire"

They went around a corner, and they saw 5 other guards, which were happily drinking and singing in the backyard, in a matter of 5 minutes they were all killed

"look" said Kevin "this must be the dormitory"

Cognac and his men entered in the dormitory, and killed one man, but all the others waked up, because of the noises

"LOOK.. SPIES... ATTACK THEM"

But the soldiers were not armed yet, and the Cognac raiders managed to quickly kill them all.

"That was horrible" said Cognac at last, vomiting is dinner out, the smell of blood and death was entering into his head

"Let's go out from here.. "

They quickly runned into the stable, and they saw it was huge 1'000 horses.. more than Cognac ever saw in his life.

"Ok... Richard, Flix, you two will take the horses out and burn the stable to the ground, if any horses escape, do not think twice and kill him, this is an order! me and the others will take one horses each, and we will do a nice surprise to the English camp over there"

Giovanni Cognac and his men went out of the Stable, the killed the guards at the entrance, and soon other 500 horses followed them

The Cognac raiders finally all had an horse, and they galoped the fastest they could toward the english camp.
In the meanwhile Flix rounded up the horses, and was galoping at full speed with all the horses towards the moutains. Richard instead was still there, and was attempting to put fire at the stable

With some archers Cognac took out the guarding over the military encampent

"CHARGEE" Screamed Giovanni Cognac and all of his raiders started galoping, torch in their hands toward the English camp.
They entered the camp throwing fire-arrows and lightned torchs all around, they exploded several cannons, and killed a lot of men.
And after all of that they runned away, but the English knights protecting the camp were now following them, and the archers were thoring everything they founded at them.

Richard in the meanwhile had burned the Stable, and was running towards Cognac.

when they saw that the stable was on fire the knights stopped and headed back to Newcastle to call for help in extinguishing the fire... but it was too late. the Stable burned to the ground.

-----------

Military Report
To: Field Marshall Easthaven

The mission was a success.
We had burned the stable to the ground and stole the 1'000 horses that were there.
We have also ambushed a big English Military Encampment in the vicinity, we put fire on that and killed something from 2 to 3 thousand English soldiers, destroyed something close to 100 cannons and stolen over 700 musket.
But in doing that we reported 156 casualities, which is a big number for the Cognac raiders, since we only are 500, I hope that I will receive replacements for those soldiers

OOC: I know it was a long one, but I had a lot of time to spend today, and I just felt like writing

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old November 15, 2002, 09:51   #313
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 20:12
On his way back to report the success of his mission an ASIO assasin in the trees, made a move against Colonel Cognac. While his failure was assured, when he tripped on a twig, he did manage to take two bodygaurds with him to the grave.

It is said that the Colonel gravely shaken by this incident now, lives in fear of his own shadow.

In the assasin's failure there was success after all
Old November 15, 2002, 12:24   #314
Mellian
Queen

February 1401

Mellian just received a message from the American Ambassador, saying they have found the Sheep's hideout in the forests around Woakomore. While finding the location, they also discovered and removed some Sheep and english spies in the republican movement.

With the help of a republican organizer, they will be attacking the hideout...

Woakomore forest was very quiet...

Sheep's hideout as been located and troops of a Apolyton Musket INfantry lead by Colonel Harrington (one of the few female commanders in the apolyton military) slow snuck threw the woods quietly as they can....

when the target was in sight, the guards in the trees and at the entrance were immediatally killed by muskets and then the unit charged...

there was soldiers at the back firing their muskets, sniping sheep's and some of ex-chuko men soldiers and rogues... while the rest charged in with their swords...

The hideout was completly taken by surprise, and died because they were, as they were so use to know what will come. Not tonite...

Once inside and among the trees, everyone was killed. No mercy is to be given to murderers...

At the end of the battle and after ransacking the hideout, Liam Sheep wasn't found. At least they eliminated Sheep's main nerve centre of his spy ring in Apolyton...

Once finished, the Harrington's unit, which only suffered a few casualties, left the woods. Forest was quiet again...

...until some troops from Woakomore Garrison came through to find out what was going on

OOC: as i mentioned before sheep, your being hunted down by the American CIA in Apolyton, as well by the republican movement...
Old November 15, 2002, 12:56   #315
majundar
Settler

OOC: This is a long one, but well, work is boring.

To: Dexter Majundar, Apolyton Camp in America

Dearest Uncle,

It's been a long time since you left to train for war. Much has happened here, but I hope you are well, and that the war is still in our favor. I miss you very much.

You must be wondering why on earth I am in Rome. It's a long story- I'll do my best to sum it up for you.

Dad had been getting worse. Since Mother died last year, he worked all day at the docks, then at the end of the day went straight to the pub and spent half his earnings on ale. The alcohol would make him the loud and brash complainer that you and I know so well. Then well-after midnight, he would stumble home and pass out in bed.

Every morning, I would wake up to see him lying there, sometimes in a pool of his own sick, just to clean him up and get him ready for work again. The routine was consistent. It was a miserable life, I assure you. Niether I nor my brother Thomas were proud to have our names associated with him.

Well, one night recently, he had gone to the pub with a letter in his hands from the Trade Minister. Apparently, the letter offered him the position of Governor in Arhei, and although he turned the position down, he was very proud of himself for the recognition. He couldn't help but brag to everyone in the pub about what had happened.

Of course, since everyone believed he was just a gassy drunk, they all thought the letter was a forgery, and threw him out. He came home early, and pulled out his hidden bottle of home-brewed liquor. I tried to feed him dinner, but all he would do is sit by the fire, and drink, all the while mumbling to himself.

It was very disturbing, Unlce. I felt so angry at him for once again making a fool of himself. But he is my father, and I have nothing but pleasant memories of him taking me to the docks when I was 10 years old to see the ships come and go. He would tell me stories about the lands the ships came from and the sailors he's met through the years. I loved him so much for that. But watching him as he began to drink more and more was painful. He began to rant and rave all the time about how the city should be run, and how everything would be better if he could set up a marketplace to run, and how rich he could be. Only he never did anything but talk about it as he drank himself into a stupor.

I left out some food for him, and told him I was going to bed. It took a while for me to go to sleep. As I was there, staring at the ceiling, I could only think about those stories he told me. I wished I could travel to those far-away lands and experience all the world had to offer me. But I knew that I would have to stay in Arhei, the armpit of Apolyton, to take care of my drunk father. With Thomas out training to be a State Courier, it was only Dad and me living at home anymore. I was trapped.

But it all changed that night.

I guess his depression got the best of him. He drank so much. When I woke up the next morning, I could tell something was wrong. The deep snoring I usually heard first thing in the morning was gone. Only silence. I went over to the chair Dad had fallen aleep in, and he was still there, but not breathing. His body was cold. He must have passed away in the night. At least now, he's with Mom.

Well, I sent for help to have him buried, and that day held a small ceremony for him. In fact I was the only one who attended.

So, with Father gone, I had some decisions to make. It was strange, though, because even though I was mulling my options over in my head, I found myself packing my things and headed for the docks. The next thing I knew, I was on a trade ship named "Nomad" bound for Rome.

The journey was nice. Even being out on the ocean was a treat, since I had never before left Arhei. I made good friends with the First Mate, and he offered me a permanent position on Nomad as a cook. I guess all those years of cooking dinner for Dad paid off.

Our ship was to bring a payment of Gold to the Roman Empire in exchange for Ivory. About halfway through the journey, though, we were met by a fast-moving caravel. It was a peculiar ship. I had never seen a ship able to move so quickly before. And its hull was unlike any I had seen coming through the Arhei docks, but it carried the Apolyton Flag, so we met with it. We were boarded and told that our trade agreement had been cancelled. I couldn't believe it, nor did the rest of the crew. But the officer in charge was given a signed document with the Apolyton ensignia on it stating that the agreement had indeed been cancelled.

Well, Nomad then had to turn around and head back to Arhei. I was filled with dread. I hadn't gotten further than a few hundred miles away from home before I had to go back. I was miserable. I think it showed in my cooking, as the men were more prone to sea sickness in the days we returned.

The most curious thing happened when I we got back to Arhei, though. The governor was at the Docks awaiting the arrival of a dignitary from the Aztecs who came to inspect the docks. He saw us pull in and immediately boarded our ship. He was at first surprised to see us so soon, then angry that we didn't have any Ivory with us. The Captain showed him the document we received from the Caravel, and matters got worse.

The document was a forgery! The trade deal had not been cancelled! It seems some deception had been taking place, only we're not sure who is behind it.

Well, we quickly re-supplied, and headed back to sea. The Captain was able to load a small supply of furs to take to Rome as a gift to Rome so that they would not be too angry with us for being weeks late with our payment.

We landed in Rome, and were able to smooth over any ill will about our tardiness. The furs worked like a charm. The crew had one day to spend in the city as the ship was serviced. What a place Rome is! The people are friendly. Many speak Apolyton- they are very educated. I was able to sample some Roman dishes as well. They have the most amazing thing there made with chicken eggs and flour. It's rolled into a dough, then spread flat and cut into strips. They then boil it, and serve it with a sort of hot tomato paste. It's delicious. I can't wait to try it in the galley of our ship.

Well, Uncle, I must get some rest. We'll be at sea again tomorrow, heading back to Arhei. I'm told we may be journeying to the land of the Aztecs next, as a trade deal for silks is in the works. Be carefull fighting out there. I would love to have you come home safe so that we may meet when I'm in port, and share stories of the lands we've seen. Until then.

Love,
Prissy

Last edited by majundar; November 15, 2002 at 13:05.
Old November 15, 2002, 14:33   #316
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

February 15th, 1401
The Moderator has declared Liam Sheep to be an "English spy and terrorist."
Edkoro: After much discussion with others at the Convention, the Moderator's Rperesentative has proporsed the following Constitution:
The Provinces shall each be made of 20 District.
On October 30th of every even-numbered year, each District shall elect a Governor
For at least three months in every year, the Governors of each province shall come to the Provincial Capital and make provincewide laws and elect Senators.
Each Province shall have 10 Senators, with staggered 5-year terms.
Every year, the Senators shall elect a Co-Administrator, who shall be a Senator him/herself. The Co-Administrator shall break ties and become Administrator should the Administrator die or resign.
Every 5 years, there shall be a national election of the Administrator by the people.
The Administrator may veto any law passed by the Senate, but may be overturned by a vote of 30 Senators or a vote of at least 5 from each Province and at least 8 from at least 2 of them.
All Administrative officials shall be appointed by the Administrator and confirmed by the Senate.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old November 15, 2002, 15:31   #317
Mellian
Queen

OOC: I try to make the Republic simple with one Governor per city, like ala Civ3, and the moderator continues to try to make it complicated
Old November 15, 2002, 15:40   #318
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

OOC: Well, each city will have 1 governor and some of the bigger ones might have two or even three. Also, rural areas need repredentation as well.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old November 15, 2002, 16:19   #319
Mellian
Queen

February 1401

Edkore Convention, where Mellian is ranting in her own polite way....

-ONE elected Governor... which would have their own municipal advisors... per city ...no matter the size... who administers the city and all rural areas within the city radius... their terms will last for 5 years, unless death or resignation or impeachment by 2/3 of those who attends the city council or removal by the government with good reason with Senate approval...

-Each province will have a certaint amount of Senators, chosen by the Governors in it with the approval of the populace (OOC: approved by those who even bother going to city councils).

-Administrator is chosen by the people... terms will last for five years, unless death or resignation or impeachement by 3/4 of the Senate or/and 2/3 of the populace (OOC: 2/3 of those who even bothered to vote anyway) gets him/her first.

-Co-Administrator is chosen by the Senate from among the Senators...and they are changed whenever the 2/3 of the Senate wants to or death or resignation gets them... they are to take the Admin's position whenever the Admin is not availabl and busy with some empire wide tours and so on. They are to replace the Administrator if he ever dies or resigns or missing, cutting off responsibilities from the Senate. Election is to be had a month later.

-Senate will be hosted by a representive chosen by the Moderator. They will simply be hosting and moderate the Senate, not getting any power over it.

-governmental Advisors are chosen and changed by the Admin with Senate approval. The following Advisory positions are:

Chief of Staff, Foreign Advisor, Domestic Advisor, Trade Advisor (Trade and Economy combined), Military Advisor (chosen from the military), Science Advisor, Cultural Advisor, Espionage Advisor (international spies), Security Advisor (policing, protecting gov and moderator) and Communication Advisor (responsible for our excellent courier network)

Now, is this okay with everyone currently in this Convention? Yes? Good, now lets work on the rest of the constitution like citizenship rights, basic laws and so on....

(OOC: First Apolyton is having a republic, and no where near capable to have a proper full democracy. SO, it is quite possible for this day and age for some people not being represented... so if they want to be recognized, they need to take initiave.

Besides, i rather see political powerplay and rivalries,
Old November 15, 2002, 16:41   #320
mmtt
Warlord

To Chief of Staff:
Do not interfer in National Defense without my consent! You have ordered a defensive regiment to attack an enemy stronghold. This regiment was ordered to defend a position. You have bypassed this order and therefore, insulted General Chukimore and myself. This is an insult to officers of Apolyton Army.
We have then decided to remove the commanding officer of the 21st regiment, Colonel Harrington from his command. She has also been arrested and will be courtmartialed next week.

Next time, you may think it would be wiser to tell competent officers in this matter. If the enemy had awaited us, a regiment would have been lost.

Commander of National Defense
To Moderator:
Your generals are awaiting your order to start our offensive in English territory. Our troops are now in position. Let's strike now before European Union reinforcements can arrive. We are strong enough and our plan would encircle and crush a great part of the English Army.

------------------------------------------------
To Giovanni Vodka:
You will take command of Colonel Harrington's regiment and of the 17th. Captain Dubey will act as the commander of the 17th. You may choose the commander of Harrington's regiment, the 21st.

I'm also proud of your achievements at the military academy. I have read excellent reports about you.
Old November 15, 2002, 17:52   #321
civman2000
Emperor

February 19th, 1401
To the Commander of National Defense and the entire military: You have the go-ahead to do pretty much anything reasonable.

The Edkoro Convention ended yesterday.

To the Chief of Staff: HEre is a version of your proposal that would be acceptable:
-ONE elected Governor... which would have their own municipal advisors... per city ...no matter the size... who administers the city and all rural areas within the city radius... their terms will last for 2 years, unless death or resignation or impeachment by 2/3 of those who attends the city council or removal by the government with good reason with Senate approval...

-Each province will have 10 Senators, chosen by the Governors in it with the approval of the populace in staggered terms (OOC: approved by those who even bother going to city councils).

-Administrator is chosen by the people... terms will last for five years, unless death or resignation or impeachement by 3/4 of the Senate or/and 2/3 of the populace (OOC: 2/3 of those who even bothered to vote anyway) gets him/her first.

-Co-Administrator is chosen by the Senate from among the Senators...and they are changed whenever the 3/5 of the Senate wants to or death or resignation gets them... they are to take the Admin's position whenever the Admin is not availabl and busy with some empire wide tours and so on. They are to replace the Administrator if he ever dies or resigns or missing, cutting off responsibilities from the Senate. Election is to be had a month later.

-Senate will be hosted by teh Co-Admin.

-governmental Advisors are chosen and changed by the Admin with Senate approval. The following Advisory positions are:

Foreign Advisor, Domestic Advisor, Trade Advisor (Trade and Economy combined), Military Advisor (chosen from the military), Science Advisor, Cultural Advisor, Espionage Advisor (international spies), Security Advisor (policing, protecting gov and moderator) and Communication Advisor (responsible for our excellent courier network). The Chief of Staff will be the Admin's personal advisor that they may choose without confirmation.

Note that this would only be the organizational section. There would also be sections on legislation (both national and municipal) and rights of the people.

Old November 15, 2002, 19:06   #322
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

Local Time: 10:12
18th Febuary 1401
I agree with the outlines for a Republic put up by the Edkoro Convention, and wish to thank the ministers involved for accepting my proposal.

Chief of Staff Mellian

I need the expected income for the comming year, so I can set out fiscal policy. Also I'll need the luxury rate and the Science Rate

Marshal Jack_www,

I need, for fiscal purposes, the amount of troops currently in your Army, and the amount of troops that are currently being trained.

Trade Matters

I managed to haggle it down to 25 gold per turn for the silk. The trade will start immediatly.

Trade and Economy Minister, Drako Chuko
Old November 15, 2002, 19:18   #323
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
I agree with the outlines for a Republic put up by the Edkoro Convention, and wish to thank the ministers involved for accepting my proposal.
Um, the COnvention made no official proposal. It was jsut a big philosophical convention to get ideas.

Old November 15, 2002, 20:58   #324
Easthaven I
Prince

OOC: I wrote a long damn piece but it got lost cuz the picture was too big! Makes me angry.

To Field Marshalls:
Good plans! Although my plan wasn't having the 70,000 men actually land at Leeds, it was a fient attack. Anyways, I believe trying to take out the English mountain forts will take too much time and men. Surrounding them and starving them out is much easier. We should bypass them instead. I also believe the Eastern Coast port are much more important than the northern ports.

Also, their large supply of horses near Newcastle has been destroyed and many of their horses captured, their production of knight units and scout units is seriously damaged and will take months to replenish.

I agree with your plans for sacking London, but striking straight towards it is dangerous and might not even get a surrender from Elizabeth, she could flee and set up a government else where. Anyways, considering we will have americans, iroquois, aztecs, and Zulu forces I believe a force could be created far larger then 200,000 men. Therefore, here is a plan with a two prong offensive into England, bypassing mountain forts. The two pincers will split, one will hit Newcastle while the other takes Warwick. They will continue on their path until they join forces at Gloucester. Troops will gaurd the new border established. A secondary force will emerge to sweep up the english military that were surrounded by the blitz of the two pincers. Once they've been swept, captured or destroyed our forces will surround London and begin siege. This plan will secure our supply lines with America and will be much more defendable than striking through indian country while enemy forces flood around us. It will also cut the supply of the English mountain forts.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	londonsurround.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	29453  
Old November 15, 2002, 21:17   #325
Easthaven I
Prince

February 24th 1401
To Colonal Cognac:
Well done! You and your men have single-handedly crippled the horse production of England.

Anyways, get your men rested, healed and fed. Replace your casualties with some men from one of our Fox regiments, they are gifted riders. Once you're ready mount your horse once more.

Your mission, get into english territory as far as you can go and harrass english supply lines. Secondary objectives, raid military encampments demoralizing their troops(kill as many as you can). Ride through the countryside pillaging and burning down everything you see of importance, in fact burn everything you see. Farms, take as much food as you can and burn the rest down. English villages and small towns burn them to the ground, send a message to their people to fear us and to call for surrender.

This is a rampage campaign. After this I want the English word for 'fire' synonomous with Cognac's Raiders!

The goal is to take this war to the people of England, demoralize their troops and civilians, increase war weariness in their country. Also destroy any sort of industry or supply sources.

Do not kill civilians!

Just burn down their homes and farms and everything else. Confiscate any civilian weaponry as well. I want England earth covered with inches of ash.

Burn everything.

Good luck.

-Field Marshall Easthaven

(OOC: We can learn alot from General Sherman's march through the South.)
Old November 15, 2002, 23:15   #326
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

To Field Marshall Easthaven:
I like you plan. I am glad that we are all on the same page. Once the summer comes the offensive will begin. We must first make sure we cut off the English forts as faast as we can. I would also like our Allies to open up a second front while we are surronding the English forts.

To Trade Advisor:
The current buget of the Millitary should be avaible to you, if not I will get my staff working on it, but we are busy planing the War with the English and right now that is last on the list of things we have to do.
Old November 15, 2002, 23:24   #327
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
To Chief of Staff:
Do not interfer in National Defense without my consent! You have ordered a defensive regiment to attack an enemy stronghold. This regiment was ordered to defend a position. You have bypassed this order and therefore, insulted General Chukimore and myself. This is an insult to officers of Apolyton Army.
We have then decided to remove the commanding officer of the 21st regiment, Colonel Harrington from his command. She has also been arrested and will be courtmartialed next week.

Next time, you may think it would be wiser to tell competent officers in this matter. If the enemy had awaited us, a regiment would have been lost.
OOC: Mellian didn't order any military to do anything...or knew which ARM organizer would be striking at the hideout. Now she does

TO Commander of National Defence

Excuse me? I haven't ordered any military unit to do anything. Now that I am been informed of the situation, Colonel Honor Harrington acted upon herself and striked at Sheep's hideout which we have been looking for several months now, crippling his spy ring in Apolyton. Not sure how she discovered the location, but she didn't follow protocol for a good reason. If she did, there is a good possibility that one of sheep's spies would find out and warn Liam and the hideout, which would probably immediately dissapear.

For her actions, she should get a medal and promoted, not arrested and courtmartialled. We should promote initiative and individuality in the military.

Now, I would like you to let her be and return her to her command. If General Chukimore as a problem with that, then transfer the unit to Vegeimen City, where the Administrative Palace will be located.

Chief of Staff

Last edited by Mellian; November 15, 2002 at 23:56.
Old November 15, 2002, 23:53   #328
Mellian
Queen

OOC: Don't forget the Russians (monguls won't be able to completly keep them occupied), German and Spanish forces. There may be some France units "helping" out...they need to convince their "allies" that they are still on their side...but their famous Musketeers will turn on their "allies" in the last minute, when Apolyton Alliance forces gets close... so they will take quite a beating, so be nice to them

Aztecs and Zulus will have Musket armed Jaguar Warriors and Impis ...along with some protection

TO Field Marshalls
FROM Foreign Advisor Xenodemus

Aztecs and Zulus informs me that they will attack Manchester, completly overwhelming and surprising them, as they wouldn't expect a large force attacking from France. They will then proceed to Hastings and Reading, then possibly Oxford, Bristol and Canterbury if they haven't taken to many casualties. They will wait a few days after Apolyton first begins the Invasion before they attack.

Meanwhile, Aztecs will also be striking at Spain, who they hate dearly because of past actions. (OOC after what the spanish did to them in real history, of course they would be )

Also, we have received reports from some ASIO spies still loyal to the Moderator that the bulk of European Union forces helping the English are located in and around London, ready strike at the enemy from whichever direction. Total combine numbers is guessed between 300 000 to 400 000, not including anywhere else. The French confirmed it.
Old November 15, 2002, 23:56   #329
Easthaven I
Prince

To Field Marshalls(secret):
On the second prong (the one that goes to Warwick), a small force will ride with it and will detach once they pass the mountains (between Warwick and Coventry) and they will fortify the hills and slowly advance up the mountains, when they reach a safe position they will halt and fortify preventing any forces in or out of those mountains.

I also suggest Fox Regiments lead each prong so that speed will aid them in surrounding and cutting off all forces immediately, they should be followed by knights then infantry, then rear gaurd such as more infantry, supplies and cannons. (I'm thinking up to 500,000+ infantry in this operation).

As for the second front, it is imperative that we get right of passage agreement with France (if possible get them to join us, we could possibly give them the four english cities on their border after the war). The Aztecs and Zulus could attack from that area and connect with our forces and cut off southeastern England.

I suggest this operation should commence in April. Maybe even the end of March if we're ready.
Old November 16, 2002, 00:17   #330
Easthaven I
Prince

To Field Marshalls:
With the new information I recommend 600,000+ infantry (not including the horse riders). 600,000 in the initial offensive to use two pincers capture a large portion of English territory. Setting up defensive positions along the newly established border, without supplies and with campaigns on burning the English land the English forces around London would not be able to fight effectively considering we will surround them in such a large radius. The secondary force should consist of 300,000+ men.

To Foreign Minister:
Tell the Aztec-Zulu forces to instead perform a two prong attack, one on Reading and one on Liecester, once they've took the cities to march north and connect with Apolyton forces so that our borders will be connected. Have them also defend their new borders and not just march their whole army to us. This way Hasting and Manchester will be totaly isolated from the rest of the empire and will run out of supplies and food and would soon fall with a small offensive against those cities later. If they can spare another prong have them attack Carlisle also and then move northeast, capture the saltpeter mine, then join up with Apolyton forces at Gloucester.