Old November 20, 2002, 09:37   #391
mmtt
Warlord

Local Time: 11:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
June, 11th 1401

To Generals Chuikomore, Sukomore and their commanding officer Field Marshall Easthaven
From Colonel Montignac, commanding officer of the 4th Fox Riders Regiment, FRR.

(ooc: I’m playing a new guy but it’s just for the invasion part)

My knights have been able to cross the river. We have established a bridgehead behind enemy lines. If the enemy spots us, we won’t last long but my scouts have found a ford near Warwick. I have a few men there if you can send reinforcements quickly; we can outflank the English and cut their army in two. We have made contact with some riders. I think they are Colonel Cognac’s ones.

But lastly, my forward outposts have encountered some English knights.

The night was dark and cold. A bunch of Apolytonian soldiers were waiting near a small village called Banbury. They had met with a small English patrol and a few shots were fired. But the night stopped the fighting and both elements retreated leaving their dead on the battlefield.
The Apolytonians were enjoying a good meal. They had stolen a cockerel from an English peasant and it was now being cooked.
The war was good, they were free and they had in the last week good success.

But they didn’t expect what would happen.

The shadow of a horse came near slowly. As they were drinking and chatting, they didn’t notice it.
Smaller shadows crawled in the dark, running from corner to corner. One of them fell and made noise.

“(Apolytonian soldier) - What’s this?!
(English muttering)-Ssssh! Idiot! What did you do?
-I’m sorry. I couldn’t see this brick in the dark.
(Apolyton soldiers getting up and taking their rifles) -Hey! Show yourself or we shoot!

(English officer screaming) -FIRE FIRE!! Kill those bastards! “

The English opened fire. The Apolytonians ran for cover as bullets were flying by. Two of them were shot dead.

(Apolyton): “-Oh man! Jesus! Peter where are you?
-Here! Where are those English pigs?
-Everywhere! Where are Jackson and the lieutenant?
-I don’t know, Thomas but would be better to get out here.

(English): -Get them all! They can’t have run away! Burn houses if needed!”

An English soldier walked and looked into a house where an Apolytonian was hiding.
Footsteps were coming closer and closer, louder and louder. Peter saw the cannon of the musket as the moon lightened it. He squeezed his knife. The English back was in front of him.
-Nobody here said the English.
He slowly turned himself and met eyes to eyes Peter.
-Oh! Here you are! I got you, bastard!
-Idiot!
Peter jumped on the English soldier and trusted his knife, grinning. The soldier retreated but shot in panic. The round hit Peter in mid air doing a mortal wound. Yet, he didn’t stop Peter from crumbling on his enemy, his dagger forward.
The blade pierced the skin and hit the aorta near the heart. Blood splashed everywhere and both fell on the ground, dead.

Meanwhile, Jackson and Thomas had left the village and reach a wheat field.

“-That was a close one!
-Yeah but most of us didn’t make.
-Let’s hope they are hiding. But if they are in-town I don’t give a penny about their lives.
-Well… don’t stay here. Banbury is near and we can easily get there in less than an hour.
-So can those sons of *****es! They have horses.
-Let’s cut through the woods. It’s shorter.

“Sir, we got four of them and lost only Evans.
-That’s not good. The others will tell their officers about this. We aren’t enough to try to get them. We will stay here for the night. You will ask for reinforcements. They must be here tomorrow at dawn. Take my horse, you will go faster.
-Sir, yes sir! ”
Old November 20, 2002, 10:23   #392
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

OOC: As Mellian said, I will ignore Sheep post.

Colonel Giovanni Cognac was long awaiting the time the Apolytonian army would have entered English territory.
3 months living in the woods, he felt like a monkey, but finally he had not only one mission, but two.. and the Military Advisor have heard of himself, he was amazed, finally his quest for glory was near his goal.

He will achieve every mission, no matter what, he is the great Colonel Cognac, the leader of the Cognac Raiders, and he never fails.

He quietly stepped down from the big trees he climbed, in order to better see the famous bridge he will have to blow up.

Not too far away, he saw an English camp, he knew that most soldiers were out, as they went attacking a small Apolytonian division in a village near Converty... this was his chance, he will steal a few barrels of gunpowder, and use it to destroy the bridge.

He put himself leading a small group of 10 men, only ten, he didn't wanted to start a fight with the English now, they dressed up with the English uniforms they stole from the "Stable Mission" in his uniform there was written, Private Gary, he didn't like to be degrated.. but he thought that it was better for Kevin to have the Major as he knew a very good english.

They took the horses and galoped all the way to the camp, once there Kevin dismounted his horse and said

"Major Gary at rapport sir"

The English Colonel looked at him from the head to his feet, and than said.

"Which division are you leading major?"

"Me??... uh? the 3rd Division of the King Richard Regiment"

"King Richard Regiment?... I never heard of this one... were are you going to fight, and where is your location?"

"We are... we are in Manchester sire... Our regiment was recently created and we are supposed to go to the western mountains and attack the American forts on the other side"

"Who is the leading general?"

"General.... Robertson sire"

"Oh yes.. Gen Robinson, send my regards to him, I'm Colonel William"

"I will sire"

"So why are you here?"

"We need to take some of the gunpowder from your supplies... in order to blow up those American forts"

"I see... unfortunatly I don't have much here, as we need it to fight the Apolytonian Army... however, I should be able to give you and your men 4-5 barrels of gunpowder... that's all we can give you"

"That would be very nice sire... I'm sure General Robinson will be very happy to know how you helped us"

"I'm sure of it too"

Three English soldiers lead Cognac and his men to the supply building, while Kevin was still talking with Colonel William.

Giovanni Cognac grabbed one barrel, and he putted it on the back of his horse, so did his men

"Well Major.. it was a nice talk, and please tell General Robinson about me"

"I will sire"

The raiders leaved the camp... they couldn't believe how easy it was... that old Colonel, he will never meet General Robinson, they thought

In the meanwhile Colonel William ordered a small knight division to follow them.

(to be continued....)
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old November 20, 2002, 14:00   #393
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 04:12
July 16th, 1401
To Apep Jr.: I forgive your father, i hope he regains his sanity soon (there are no insane asylums this is 1401). What position would you like?

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old November 20, 2002, 15:20   #394
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 05:12
OOC: i only skimmed the latest posts, as i have to go now, but mmtt, i already stated the results before, when i said what will happen base on Eashaven's latest plan.

We surprise the english at Newcastle and take the city pretty quickly with minimal casulties.

anyway, don't really need me to tell the results...
Old November 20, 2002, 15:41   #395
mmtt
Warlord

OOC: Sorry, was about Warwick front. Well I think it is better because my results would be biased a little.
Old November 20, 2002, 16:44   #396
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 03:12
To: All concerned

This war, noble as it is, is having a large negative effect on our population. An inordinately large percent of our able bodied youth is being used in the military and the amount of money and resources being spent on the war effort is leaving necessary improvements incomplete and allowing some to fall into disrepair. If we maintain this level of war production without improvements in infrastructure the outcome will be quite bad. The peasants cannot keep this up, and our merchants and aristocrats are running out of money. If the moderators and the military personnel will accept a brief reduction in war materials and make do with the soldiers they have now for a time in order to allow the cities to build improvements, the end result will be very favorable. If we can only switch some production from muskets and cannon to more banks and universities and peasant compensation for mines and farms for a few years, then our military capacity will have risen to levels never before seen by Apolyton! Surely you can make do for a while, and then our economic, scientific, and productive might will open up vast opportunities for you to exploit. Please, cut down on the military orders. The long term benefits far outweigh the short term costs.
Old November 20, 2002, 19:16   #397
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

July 23rd, 1401
To the Domestic Advisor: Do it, but keep it brief and use as few of our cities as possible to do so.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old November 20, 2002, 20:47   #398
Easthaven I
Prince

July 24th 1401
They were a few miles from the city of York and the cannons had been firing onto the cities outer walls for quite sometime. They took Newcastle fairly easy after a day worth of fighting. It was the counter-attacks by the EU that slowed down the advance somewhat, but now they were at York's outer city walls, large portions of the wall were now only rubble. Field Marshall Easthaven was on his black horse ahead of the frontmost rank of Fox Riders, he was about to lead a charge once the cannons fired a few more barrages into the enemy soldiers. They were waiting for them behind the crumbled walls. The city of York itself was but two or so miles more inland where another wall stood, the inner wall.

"Sir, 3 more barrages sire." Came a call.

Field Marshall Easthaven looked at the enemy, stirring up his spirit, making his own blood boil with rage, a gift from God to natural-born warriors of the world.

He grabbed his sword from his left hip and lifted it above his head pointing towards the enemy, in response his soldiers cocked their muskets and unsheathed their swords. The sunlight reflected off Easthaven's sword making it blaze with a white fire.

"To the ENEMY! TO JUSTICE!" Field Marshall Easthaven kicked his horse and began racing towards the englishmen, almost simultaneously his ranks upon ranks of Fox Riders followed him and after them the infantry began charging as well. The running of all those horses and infantry created a deafening rumble, in addition the soldiers began yelling their war cry's of 'Apolyton!' or 'death to the infidels!'. Any sane man would fear such a sight of blood hungry men of this magnitude racing towards them lusting for death and destruction.

(to be continued, maybe...)
Old November 20, 2002, 21:37   #399
Easthaven I
Prince

...continued

Easthaven and the Fox Riders were getting close and closer. The first line of English musketmen fired their first volley, many Fox Riders fell from their horses and some horses screamed in pain and collapsed. In return the Fox Riders lifted their muskets as they rode on, gaining several feet in mere seconds. Easthaven aimed at a commander, a man yelling at the conscript musketmen. -... The Field Marshall fired hitting the enemy commander in the gut, he jerked and fell to the ground. The rest of the Fox Riders fired their shots and a hail of musket balls rained into the enemy ranks. A last Apolytonian cannon ball fell onto the enemy center, killing dozens. Just then the Fox Riders reached the line, they jumped over the rubble and collided with the enemy, their line became enmeshed with the english line.

Easthaven charged forward, he contacted the line and with one swing he hewed off the head of an englishman to his right. He then trampled a few beneath the feet of his mighty stallione. He had no fear, just bloodlust. He hewed off heads left and right, left and right, as he gained more ground into the english ranks.

The sounds of colliding metal was constant and fierce, mixed in with screams, yelling, and gunfire.

As Easthaven sank his sword into an english knight, a musket ball hit his breast armor indirectly knocking him backwards off his horse. He temporarily lost his breath but with the adrenaline pumping through his veins the loss of breath was unnecessary to him. He got up on his feet and blocked an englishman's sword strike. The man swung again, this time at Easthaven's head...Easthaven ducked the attempted strike and he rose upwards with his sword, slicing the man from his crotch to his neck.

Another man came at him from his right, hoping to take out the infamous Easthaven. They clashed swords and released, the man took a stab at the Field Marshall but Easthaven simply was to quick, he hewed off the man's undefended head before he had the momentum to thrust his sword.

Easthaven searched for another victim and saw an enemy knight on his horse slicing Apolytonians left and right. Easthaven began charging at him while shoving people out of his way and blocking the usual swordstrike.

The knight saw him and began chasing him, joust in hand. Easthaven picked up his speed.

Soldiers of Apolyton saw their leader charging fearlessy towards a knight on his horse with a joust while he himself on foot.

The instance the joust was in range Easthaven swung his sword knocking the joust away. At the same time he used the momentum of his swing to spin him around using the same swing for a second strike, this time he hewed off the front legs of the horse.

The horse screamed in agony as it fell forward launching the knight 15 feet. the knight rolled on to his back trying to catch his breath. Easthaven got up and ran to the knight, he stood above him looking down at his face. Easthaven, with the tip of his sword, raised the knight's visor. He then lifted his sword high above his head pointing straight down, and with both hands he thrusted it into the knight's face, breaking into the skull slicing through the brain, breaking through the skull once more and finally being stopped by metal.

Blood covered the Field Marshall, he removed his sword from the mutilated knight's face. Easthaven turned to see a big english fellow with an axe preparing to chop him in two, but again the speed of the young general was unopposed and the axeman had his legs chopped out from under him. He fell kicking his little stubbed legs wildly. Easthaven moved on, not willing to give any mercy killing...

(to be continued...maybe)
Old November 21, 2002, 00:40   #400
Apep
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:12
June 1401
To HRH the Moderator,
I, Apep II would like to request the position of an assistant, or whatever you feel best (Although I would prefer to avoid the front lines). My father's sanity is going along nicely, thank you.
I shall start the journey to the capital tommorrow.
Apep II of Porkton

P.S. Perhaps I could be the COS's (Cheif of Staff)secratery.
P.P.S. Possible new names for Porkton, Corkton, Newton, actually anything except Porkton.

Last edited by Apep; November 21, 2002 at 01:32.
Old November 21, 2002, 00:54   #401
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

July 23 1401
General Thunderfire, I add an extra 100 gold to the millitary budget, to spend as you wish

To Lord Moderator.

I respectivly hand in my resignation from the ministry of Trade and the Economy. I have found it hard to run a sucsessful trading company and the largest department in the Government. I will resume my former position as a wealthy merchent, trading between the various nations of the world for wealth. I have also receved news that my sister is getting married, so I must go to Berlin for the wedding, even though it is an enermy port. Because of this I will be away for about a year. It has been a real pleasure serving as your advisor,

Yours Respectibly

Drako Chuko
Old November 21, 2002, 00:59   #402
Easthaven I
Prince

...continued

He saw an Apolytonian fighting off two englishmen. The englishmen's backs were towards the young general, so it was fairly easy when Easthaven walked up and decapitated one of the soldiers. The other swordsman turned towards Easthaven, half shocked to see his buddy's headless body collapse and half shocked to see the great General Easthaven standing above it, this distraction caused him his life for the Apolytonian he was fighting quickly thrusted his sword into the young man's gut.
The Apolytonian nodded his head in thanks then picked another target to battle.

General Easthaven turned when he heard somebody yell his name. It was an Anglo musketman pointing his musket at Easthaven's head, the man was filled with confidence in knowing he had the famous commander's life in his hands. But this confidence was quickly shattered when Easthaven merely released a quick smirk and then a face filled with rage as he began charging the musketman full frontal. Because of this the english lad had lost his concentration and fired out of fear rather than determination...he barely missed, ripping a small piece of flesh from the General's right shoulder. He did not even flinch at the newly created wound. The young fighter began stumbling backwards unable to look away from the oncoming man, for he was struck with fear, this too caused this man his life. The Anglo fell backward onto the ground, Easthaven reached him and began hacking him to pieces with his now blood-stained sword.

=======

Henry Fairfax was his name. A man of 26 years, a career soldier. He fought in a fair share of battles and won his fair share of medals. But nothing made him more anxious than this battle. He always wanted to become a famous soldier, a conqueror even, he was rising in the ranks and his goal was to be a man much like William the Conqueror, his hero. And what best way to become famous? How about killing one of the most famous generals to date, General Easthaven? This was his mission, when the war began he began training harder than ever, and he was very good. A master swordsman and a grand marksman. And now the day has come where he has the chance to meet the Field Marshall in battle! Now was the time for his destiny, time to acquire his fame.

He quickly got involved in the battle, killing Apolytonians with ease. He had a curved sword he had acquired while on a trip in Arabia, a scimitar. He sliced men into pieces...

His clothes were stained with blood now after been fighting off the Apolytonians. Now was his time to hunt.

He walked in between men fighting. An Apolytonian popped out of nowhere and nearly severed his head but his reflexes quickly took control and the attacker lost an arm...then his head. Henry moved on, scanning each fight...each face. Another Apolytonian charged and he blocked a sword strike, the Apolytonian sliced his left shoulder with a daggar that was in his right hand, which enraged Henry to the point of explosion. After a few clashes of swords Henry found an open slot and sliced the man across the chest.

Henry turned to move on, but then he spotted him...

A small incursion of doubt entered Henry's head when he spotted the General. Geez, for the man was hacking a poor private to pieces...and...nothing could be shown on the man's face, just bloodlust-filled eyes. But the doubt was quickly removed from Henry's conscience and he began working his way toward the General, slicing and dicing a few Apolytonians on the way. He was but ten feet away before Easthaven looked up at him, still not any reaction or emotion revealed on the man's face, just the eyes.

Here was Henry's chance, excitement overcame him, he was ready more than ever. Easthaven stood tall, and waited for him to approach and attack...this man seemed to welcome him almost...just plain fearless.

=====

Easthaven was busy hacking a man to death, or well beyond death when he noticed out of the corner of his eye a stilled figure filled with concentration, very much contrasting the current enviroment. Easthaven looked at him and stood straight. He was ready for anything, he was almost excited about this man for some reason.

The Field Marshall simply stood there in a flexible position where he could dodge any attack from any direction. He simply waited for Henry to initiate.

Henry began charging at the General sword held high, he was but a few feet away when half of his head suddenly was ripped off, out of existence, the man fell onto Easthaven's boots. The General didn't flinch at this unexpected surprise, for it was war; surprises come plentiful. He simply kicked the carcass off his boots and went back to work.

(to be continued...maybe...until you guys post somethin)
Old November 21, 2002, 01:26   #403
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:12
To Field Marshall Thunderfire:
If you want to command a unit in the English war, I will not stop you.

To Foreign Advisor Mellian(secret):
I am going to from a intelligence agency to replace the one Liam Sheep set up before he became a traitor to Apolyton. If fact we have already begun recuritiment for the agency.

To Domestic Advisor Latentus and the Great Moderator:
We are in the middle of a major offensive in England. We can not cut back on war materials or drafting of our people into the army. This is completely insane to do at a time like this, when most of our army is overseas fighting in anther country and encountering heavy resistance. Please reconsider you position. We are close to winning the war with the English if all goes well with our plan. Cutting back on our supplies and men will only make it that much harder for the millitary carry out its mission to protect the great Apolyton Empire.
Old November 21, 2002, 02:53   #404
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 20:12
This is gay. If all the people want to listen to Melian all the time. I am trying to bring some excitement and more intrigue into the game. If everyone wants it to be or rosy, and not face any problems that is fine with me. But as it goes this NES sucks!!
Old November 21, 2002, 08:28   #405
Mellian
Queen

OOC: Can create excitement, just be more creative then killing and blowing up things without any real apparent reason. would be nice to know why Liam Sheep orders such actions? why would anyone follow you? how in the bloody world does one sneak in gunpowder in a heavily guarded Palace and blow up a single office, while killing a 100 people? How in the bloody world can one simply go blow up the CIA building, if they had any in the first place?
Old November 21, 2002, 12:03   #406
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 03:12
August 3, 1401

to Jack_www

The moderator has allowed some of our resources to be used on the domestic scene for civil persuits and improvements. I am by no means cutting off your supplies, however, reinforcements will not be coming in the numbers they had been previously. I am sure that the materials you already have will be adequate to sustain you and of course of there is an emergency we will not hesitate to switch full production over to military again.

to Mellian

I have heard rumors of some kind of sickness, a plague perhaps, that started in Zululand or Rome and has been spreading quickly. However, i have not been able to substantiate whether these claims are true or false. What information do you have on this?
Old November 21, 2002, 14:23   #407
civman2000
Emperor

August 16th, 1401
To Lord Chuko: Are you sure? The position (or possibly just the domestic or foreign side of it) is open for you to return. Your presence in the government is appreciated!
To Apep: You may be Minister of the Economy and Trade if Chuko does not want the position back. If you are competent, i may consider making you chief of staff.
PS: Are you a member of any Republican organization? Tell the truth, I will not punish you for any answer if it is true.
PPS: What is this "Porkton" you speak of?

Old November 21, 2002, 15:03   #408
Apep
Chieftain

August, (?)
To HRH The Moderator,
I would like to take the position offered to me, if possible. I am not a member of any organization Reublican or otherwise. Porkton is a small village, north of Vegimon City. I am still about a days journey from the capital.
Apep II
P.S. I just remembered, my father is a member of a Republican orginization, I believe he is considered quite important there.

(OOC: Meanwhile)
Apep I had received news that his son was coming to the capital to join in the government.
"He will undo everything we have done!" he stormed, "I don't care how it is done... I want him dead!"
The assasin stood aghast that this man could order the death of Apep II, his own son!
Old November 21, 2002, 15:55   #409
civman2000
Emperor

August 19th, 1401
To Apep: you said that your father was a member of a republican organization. Do you know which one? Do you approve of his involvement with it (once again, you will not be punished for telling the truth)?

Old November 21, 2002, 16:04   #410
Giovanni Wine
King

(continued from last month) (i was gone for all the day yerstuday).

July

Colonel Williams Knights followed the small group of Cognac Raiders from a safe distance

"Why did the Colonel told us to follow those soldiers?" asked Private Jackson

"Can't you see that?" said Captain Bulbish "They are not English soldiers, they have the sword on their left pocket, but every English soldier put the sword on the right pocket... therefore they are not English, they are American... or worse Apolytonian" in sayng the word Apolytonian Cabian Bulbish used a very hateful, and in the same time disgusted tone, he hate Apolyton, he hate Apolyton more than anything, Colonel Williams knew that, and that's why he believe that Captain bulbish is the only one capable of defeatingthe famous Apolytonian raiders, who are destroyng the english crops and killing the english cattle.

"But..." continued Private Jackson "if they aren't english, why did the Captain gave the the gunpowder"

"look down" said the major, a thin blackish line was drawing in the terrain, it was gunpowder!

As they were walking down, Cognac and his men reached the famous bridge they had to blow up.

"Maybe we should destroy it now" said Cognac "we would just lose a lot of time in going back to the forest, and than coming here once again"

"yes sire" said the men

"Look, they stopped" said Captian Bulbish "I wonder what they are up to"

"Maybe they have discovered we are following them"

"Uhmm... maybe soldier.. maybe it is like you are saying"

Jackson looked at his soldier... they were 20, Colonel William thought that with too many men, Cognac would have noticed, not a very large army, but still, they outnumbered the enemy two to one, as the Cognac raiders were only 10

As he was thinking a big explosion reached the ears of the English knights, they all looked at the direction of the bridge, and they founded it completely destroyed, while the Cognac Raiders were mounting their horses ready to escape

"CHAAAAAAARRGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEE" Screamed Captain Jackson

All of the sudden, those 20 Brave English Knights started galoping as fast as they could. Cognac looked at them... there was no time to escape, and if they were to, they would have discovered where he was hiding, and who he actually was

He lifted up his sword and screamed as well "CHHHAAAAARGEEE"

The two little division crushed on themselves, in a fiercy and bloody skirmish, the Cognac Raiders fought bravely, but outnumbered 2:1 soon most of the perished, only Cognac and his loyal Kevin were still alive, but only 5 English were still standing, in between them Captian Bulbish and Private Jackson

"Surrender yourselves" said Captian Bulbish "and you'll have your life spared"

Cognac looked at Kevin, Kevin looked at Cognac, just a moment, a milion part of a second, and the already knew what the other was thinking, they squeezed their right eye, lift up their sword and charged the enemy Knights with all their strenght

The first three English soldiers went up against them, they all aimed at Kevin, believing he was the higher rank in there, Giovanni Cognac took the chance and decapited the three, then he looked back, and he saw the most terrible thing in his life, Kevin body, sleeping lifeless on the back of the horse, Kevin was dead, his dearest and most loyal friend ever was dead.

"NOOOOOOOOOOO" Screamed the Colonel, as he was the one hit.

He jumped down from his horse, and hugged his friend, he couldn't believe this could happen, he always though of himself as immortal, but finally death has touched his heart.

He looked at Private Jackson and at Captain Bulbish, with his eyes completely wet from the crying, he took his sword and was about to use it against himself when Bulbish hit him with an arrow

Giovanni Cognac falled on the ground, senseless

Captian Bulbish rescued his body, Giovanni was not dead, he will be sent to the Camp Clinique, and later to the royal prison.

Saluti

(OOC: I think that Vodka should than be sent to lead the Cognac raiders and try to rescue his brother... once he is done with the Naval Academy of course )
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old November 21, 2002, 16:19   #411
Giovanni Wine
King

August, 1401

Private Rossi finally reached Easthaven Camp, he than dismounted from his horse and quickly runned into Eathaven tent

"General General" he screamed

"Caml down soldier" he said "and since I'm a General, why didn't you give me your salute!!"

Rossi quieted down soluted Easthaven and than said

"General, I have terrible news from the Cognac Raiders" he started "Since it is already one month that the Colonel doesn't come back to our hide, Captain Verdi, the highest ranking officer, sent a few men to see what happened, and they reported to have seen the bodies of a few riders dead there, and in between them the one of Sergeant Kevin... but not the one of Colonel Cognac, we believe that he was captured, and therefore I was sent to find you and report this to you, It took me a while to discover where your camp was, but finally I've managed to do it. Also I have been ordered to report that the bridge the the Cognac Raiders were supposed to blow up was destroyed"

(to be continued by Easthaven)

-----------------------

Vodka

Colonel Giovanni Vodka finally managed to graduate from the Naval Academy also, he took him a little more, as a ship is much more difficult to handle than a sword, and he has to take care of all his crew, he studied hard the tactics of the great admirals, in between them the famous Admiral Nelson, and Englishman who managed to defeat the American fleet, even if outnumbered 4:1.

He than wrote a letter to Thunderfire

"Dear Father.
I have finally graduated from the Naval Academy too, I took a 96 out of 100 on the last test, I've missed a few answers over the Spanish-Aztec war, but i think that afterall 96 is still a good result, even if not the maximum.
I'm writing you this letter because I would like to know a bit from you on how the war is going on, and espacially how is my brother doing

Saluti, your son:
Giovanni Vodka

Saluti
Old November 21, 2002, 17:02   #412
mmtt
Warlord

Late August

"My dear son,
I congratulate you for your achievements. You are one of the best officer of a the Apolytonian Army. I'm proud of you. But now, you must prove your are worth of your rank, the General rank!

You will immediately take your first operational command as the Admiral of the Third Fleet, ten new frigates, five gallions and fifteen armed caravels. Also onboard, will be your regiments and the 115th FRR, an elite regiment of three thousand soldiers. They are regrouped under the denomination of 1st Amphibious Corps.

Your fleet will be placed under my command. Your mission is of capital importance. The enemy is still holding Warwick and western coastal cities. You will attack from sea.
First objective is to take control of Coventry.
Reinforcements will then quickly come from America. You will as soon as possible advance toward Warwick and finish the enemy resistance there. You will be part of two prongs attack, the 3rd Army will be the second one.

Then, we will advance toward York to help Field Marshall Easthaven.
London will be the final goal.

I have also to annunce you a sad news. Your brother, Colonel Giovanni Cognac, is MIA. Lastest front reports have found the dead bodies of his men among them, was Kevin, his nearest friend.

But these news shouldn't desesperate you. The whole Apolyton nation has her eyes looking at you. Do not disappoint them. Prove you have earned your stripes. Your mission is of capital importance, if you fail, we might lose the war.
Duty first!

PS: You will be under my command but Admiral Zakariev will be your direct commanding officer. He will help you in your new task and in ranks term is your equal.

--------------------------------------------------
To Military Advisor:
I'm taking command of 3rd Army, 3rd Fleet and of the 1st Amphibious Corps.
Total force:
-210.000 men: 100 musket, 30 longbow and 50 Medieval infantry regiments
-30 ships
-200 cannons
-30 Cavalry regiments: 10 Fox Riders and 20 knights

I will launch my offensive in Warwick area as Easthaven is at York.
Old November 21, 2002, 17:14   #413
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

To Field Marshall Thunderfire(Secret):
My initial plan that I have made seems to have failed. With Colonel Cognac missing in action my plan is has failed since he was the only one who knew about it. Also the English have stoped their advance into the Moutains near their two forts and the main English army is heading for Warwic to reiinforce the troops protecting that city. The fight for that city will be long and hard. I am going to see what troops I can spare from Apolyton and send them to England. We must capture Warwic soon. If the recent fighting in York tells us anything, we will surffer large amount of casiluties in the battles ahead. I know that we can win the war, but it will be hard. We might have to pull back Easthaven's army back so that when we attack we are at full force. I hope that you can add your incite in this matter, since I am open to any ideas, even if they come from one of the officers, since the men on the field know much, maybe even more then I do about what the English can do and how to defeat them.

ooc:
I am in the chat room if you want to talk.
Old November 21, 2002, 20:09   #414
Easthaven I
Prince

August 1401
General Easthaven's army had taken over the outer wall of York and was pushing forward. They were but a mile away from the innerwall which just beyond that was the city of York.

Easthaven was on a small hill looking towards the english city, it was dark now, half moon, clear skies. He could see some lights from beyond the innerwall.

Then he turned around and looked about the former battlefield. Thousands upon thousands were dead, the ground was covered with bodies like snow in winter. And the blood...the blood soaked into the dirt making it mud, every soldier and horse alive and dead were plastered with a layer of the substance. Most of his men were gathering weapons and scavenging for extra musket balls. They were tired, it was a very voracious battle but these men were still willing to fight on.

As the Field Marshall turned his gaze upon the city once more he began predicting future battles.

Yes we'll win, we'll take the city, but we'll be left with no one to defend it. He thought to himself, knowing what he must do. He knew reinforcements for the english were on the way, and they would be plentiful. But he wouldn't be able to replenish his forces for a bit longer. He knew the advance in Warwick has halted and he just got a message that Colonel Cognac was captured. He made his decision.

====

He walked into his tent and and took out a message paper and pen.

To Field Marshall Jack(secret):
The campaign of England you put me in command of has met some difficulties. Since there has been heavy resistance and it is unlikely that we will be able to advance any further without heavy casualties I've decided to halt the Battle of York, we were victorious in the first battle and would probably be able to take York, but I believe taking the city would make us vulnerable especially with the halt at Warwick. We are already spread thinly and if we captured York we would be too far into enemy territory with every flank and backside exposed.

Therefore, the NCC is falling back. I will leave forces to set up a boundary from the sea (west some from Newcastle) to around the lake to the forest of YorkNwarwick where some more forces will fortify. I will lead the rest of the armies due southeast through the southern edge of the forest to hit Warwick on its western flank. We can do nothing till Warwick and Coventy are in our hands otherwise we are vulnerable. We seriously injured the english armies of York but our vulnerability would be exploited soon. Thus, I believe primary missions should be to take Warwick and Coventry then halt to consolidate our gains before we advance any further. Just wanted to give you an update on the Operation.

-Field Marshall Easthaven I

=======

He went back outside and sent the message. He then called an officer.

"Lieutenant, get the Cognac Raider over here, it is time he goes back to his men."

A few minutes ticked by...the Raider came as fast as he could.

"You wanted to see me, my Lord?"

"Yes, go back to the forest, tell the new commander to begin constructing a fort, well a makeshift one, have him build trenches for the musketmen and stables for the horses, that place is very strategic and it must be held, its going to be the place of our next attack on York when that day comes. Our armies shall pass through there on our way to Warwick, some forces will be left to help in the fortifications. Go rider, stop for nothing."

"Yes sire." The young fellow ran to his horse and took flight in much haste...
Old November 21, 2002, 20:22   #415
Easthaven I
Prince

August 1401
Dear Colonel Vodka,

This is Field Marshall Easthaven Beleriand I, General of the Army, Supreme Commander of the Allied forces of The Monkey continent. Your brother was under my command and I would like to inform you that he is missing in action and believed to be captured. I normally would not give out this much information to someone but your brother was an honorable leader and he deserved at least that. I will do my best to rescue him if he is still alive, if not, I will do my best to avenge his death.

Field Marshall, Gen. Easthaven Beleriand I
Old November 21, 2002, 20:31   #416
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

From a boat on its way to Germany

Thankyou lord Moderator for your offer, but I repectfully decline to retake my office I hear Apep II is a skilled indervidual who will do good things in the department.

To Forigen Minister Mellian

I will be stopping off back home at China. Do you want me to negotiate a contact treaty with them? If so, send your reply to berlin

Drako Chuko
Old November 22, 2002, 02:17   #417
Mellian
Queen

OOC: One Naval Unit = 8-12 ships

Funny that the Americans and Iroquois hasn't been mentioned much, lol Americans would have 200 000 helping, while the Iroquois 100 000, a long with Apolyton's 300 000 or so before the main attacks.

Zalzabad, letter to berlin, capital of a nation we are at war with? Mellian won't respond, as it would be a security risk. No need to let the Germans, in turn EU, that Apolyton wants to contact China

July 1401

TO Military Advisor
FROM Foreign Advisor Mellian

The Aztecs and Zulus have successfully taken Manchester, taking them by complete surprise. They are happy to say that they were so surprise, they failed to scrap the construction of the five Man'O'Wars. Aztec/Zulu succeeded i capturing a complete one in the dock as well, with a few Caravels and Galleons.

They preparing for their attacks on Hastings and Readings, but won't be able to launch their attacks until they eliminate the english resistors.

MOnguls report that they were successful in their latest incursions into Russia, but failed to capture any of their cities.

Last edited by Mellian; November 22, 2002 at 02:41.
Old November 22, 2002, 02:52   #418
Jack_www
King

A rider came to the camp of Feild Marshall Jack_www.
We was an american, and had a message from the Commander of the American army.

From General George Washington:
Greating from the American army. I have heard of the heavy fighting in York and you request for reinforcements. Thus I have been order to help in the attack on York. I have under my command 60,000 knights and 140,000 musket infantry, and 1000 cannons. With our help I am sure you can take the city of York.

After reading the message he told the rider that he was glad to see the american army finially being able to help in the fighting. He then quick ran to his tent and called a rider to him.

To Field Marshally Easthaven(secret):
I have decided I want your army to take York now. Retreating now will show the English that we are weak and will de moralize the troops. After figthing so long and hard and losing so many men to breach the walls of york, only to retreat, you are saying to the men that all that they just did was for nothing. The Americans are sending in 100,000 troops and will come in time to releave your army who should be guarding the city by then. Conitnue on the attack on York. Do not pull back now, we have come so close, we must take it now while we have the chance.

"Ride as fast as you can to Field Marshall Easthaven. He is in the middle of retreating from York. You must get to him in time before he does."

"Yes sir!"

Last edited by Jack_www; November 22, 2002 at 03:05.
Old November 22, 2002, 02:58   #419
mmtt
Warlord

September 1401

To Military Advisor (ooc: sorry couldn't join the chat)

I have arrived to the front lines with reinforcements.
Easthaven's troops have just evaded a disaster. They have suffered a lot of casualties. His men need times to regroup and we need to treat wounds.
If we can, we should build some battlefield hospitals.

Warwick front has retreated on better positions along the river. I'm regrouping an army there and building a small fortification lines.
Vodka's fleet should arrive soon and my offensive will start right after.
American forces will hold our flank between York and Warwick.

EDIT: Alright Mellian don't cry it is removed...

I think I can take Warwick in two weeks after I have started my offensive. But I will need more Fox riders regiments.

Scouts have also reported that Colonel Cognac is alive and in English hands. He might be soon transferred to London.

To Field Marshall Easthaven
Could you send me more Fox Riders? I will soon start a counter-offensive near Warwick with two prongs attack. I need fast units to link them up and to close the pocket.
I also think you should retreat to good positions and await reinforcements to counter-attack.
As soon as Warwick is taken, I will join you in York attack from the south to cut English supply lines (London-York).

To Giovanni Vodka:
When can you start your offensive?
There are some news from your brother. He is alive but in enemy hands. I think he is still in Warwick.

Last edited by mmtt; November 22, 2002 at 12:15.
Old November 22, 2002, 03:08   #420
Jack_www
King

To Field Marshall Thunderfire(secret):
I know that Easthaven's men need to rest, but if we wait, the English will send reinforcements to York and his men will have to go through the same thing all over again. We must take the city now while those defending if are weak. The Iroquois have informed me that they are sending 100,000 troops and I am placing them under your command. We must take York now. BUt I do agree we need to set up battle field hosiptals.