Old November 24, 2002, 01:40   #451
Easthaven I
Prince

Local Time: 04:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
November 1st 1401
TO Field Marshall Jack (secret):
We have now taken over York, we procured another 10,000 prisoners. Resistors have been dealt with and martial law instituted. We've fortified the city, and should be safe from any counter-attacks until the Americans arrive. We must now consolidate our gains and bring up our supply lines, we must take Warwick. We've captured lots of English weaponry and ammo which shall be useful.

I understand your point, and I applaud your will. It's just difficult at times to push my troops through the meat grinder, maybe thats why I always feel I must join the battle. I believe you made the right decision, a risky one, but it succeeded. We were victorious, the men were outstanding, they did not waver once.

Anyways, I will be working on our next plans for our advance. We must take Warwick first, Coventry as well, before we do anything else. We shouldn't stretch ourselves any further until those two cities are secured.

Also, replacements are needed. As well as cannon and musket ammunition. We must make steady our supply lines.

-Field Marshall Easthaven I
Old November 24, 2002, 02:42   #452
Apep
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:12
October 1401
Realising that the threat to Apep II's life appeared to be minimal Apep II's two bodyguards had been reduced to one.
It was strange that despite all atempts Apep II had been unable to locate his father in all the time he had been in Apolyton's capital, and yet he was sure that his father had not left the city.
Apep I was amazed to receive a letter from the Council, but when he opened it his amazment changed to horror for the letter read,
To our Minister in the Capital,
You have disspleased the council on three counts, one your inability to have one minister killed, two, the inscribed knife, and three your complete lack of any plan for seizure of the government.
One more slip up and you're fired! And you know what that means...
The Council

Of course he knew what it meant, it meant death. But he did have a plan, hiding his identity he had managed to aquire a job as servant in the Moderators palace, he would take a cut from a man who had sufured from the skin eating disease and drop it into the palace reservoir. As all drinking water in the palace came from the reservoir he could systematically destroy the entire government. The only problem was that while he had taken care to make sure that no one in the palace would recognize him, he was sure Apep II would see through his disguise in an instant. Apep II must be sent back to Porkton for the extent of this operation. An assassin had already set out, ordered to fatally injure but not kill Apep II's mother.
Old November 24, 2002, 02:59   #453
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 05:12
OOC: Apep, what position you have, Cultural Advisor? sorry for forgetting...

suggest we a Intelligence and a Security Agencies...makes sense to keep them seperated.

October 1401

TO: Domestic Advisor Latentus

While searching for more info on the skin-eating disease, i came into contact with Scientist Peabody at the University of Apolyton. You should contact him, as he seem to have quitee a lot of knowledge on diseases, plagues and so on. Also happens to have the recent reports on the disease. Tell your ideas, as im he would be interested. (OOC: can also make up some stuff about the disease, don't need to depend on moi)

In the past few months, the Aztec-Zulu forces succeeded in capturing Manchester and are now presently attacking Hastings and Readings.

Meanwhile, the Aztec also launch a seperate attacking on Spain via France, causing the Spanish to transfer some of their forces in England back to Spain while rest went south to help the English against the Aztec-Zulus.

French is in seriously risk of being banned from the European Union and declared war upon for allowing the Aztec and Zulus to stage attacks from their territory, and for not really helping against the Apolyton forces.

In the Atlantic Ocean (between Monkey and Alligator continents), the Ottoman Navy, which is surprisingly comprise of lesser versions of the Man'O'Wars, launch a surprise attack against the Apolyton ships attacking Coventry.

While war is being waged on the Monkey continent, another one is at risk of starting in the Alligator continent as tensions between Carthage and Rome, Greece and Babylon.
Old November 24, 2002, 03:08   #454
Mellian
Queen

November 2nd, 1401

One day, at the Apolyton Palace, from her office to the Intelligence Office (use to be occupied by sheep...now it is a new Intel advisor for the new Intel service), she passed by a servant in the hall. She is familiars with his face, but Mellian doesn't remember where she first saw him. Maybe is just a person who happened to have that kind of face, doubts it. Anyway, she pretty much forgotten the encounter by the time she went to bed. (OOC like i am about to in real life)

Last edited by Mellian; November 24, 2002 at 12:54.
Old November 24, 2002, 09:58   #455
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
One day, at the Apolyton Palace, from her office to the Intelligence Office (use to be occupied by sheep...now it is a new Intel advisor for the new Intel service), she passed by a servant in the hall. She is familiars with his face, but Mellian doesn't remember where she first saw him. Maybe is just a person who happened to have that kind of face, doubts it. Anyway, she pretty much forgotten the encounter by the time she went to bed.
OOC: The date of this was November 2nd.
The Night of November 2nd, 1401
The Assistant Ambassador of England to Apolyton, who had not been in Apolyton since April 1400, walked through the hallways of the Apolitonkan Palace. He was relieved when Mellian did not recognize him; she was the only person in the palace that might foil him. He then headed towards the Moderator's office, where his intelligence sources told him she would be at this time of night.

The office was now in view, but something was wrong. THe guards! The spies had done something wrong, and hadn't gotten their agent to be one of the guards tonight! Oh well, time to go to Plan B.

The Apolitonkan Palace was the only place in all of Apolyton that had running water...and the pipes and been made quite large. Large enough for a midget to walk in. He made sure nobody was looking, and he removed the small stilts that had bee hidden below his feet. He then hurried off to the nearest entrace to the sewer system.

The guard there was an English agent! But why wasn't he at the Moderator's office?

"What are you doing here??" asked the guard in a whisper.
"What do you mean?? Operation Regime Change is on!"
"Tonight???? It wasn't supposed to start until the 10th!"
"Who told you that?? Well, anyways, i want you to temporarily block the pipe for me and let me into it."
"OK, whatever."

Awhile later, he reached his destination. The agents had prepared a secret trapdoor to enter the office right behind the Moderator's desk from the pipes. The Assistant Ambassador took out his razor sharp hidden knife, and cut the pipe. He then pushed up the trapdoor, came sneaking up right behind the moderator, and stabbed her in the back.

He then closd the trapdoor, ran back into the pipes, and fled back towards the opening the pipe guard had made for him.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old November 24, 2002, 11:32   #456
mmtt
Warlord

Local Time: 11:12
The Fox Riders charged forward:
"

Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
"Forward, the Light Brigade!
"Charge for the guns!" he said:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

"Forward, the Light Brigade!"
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho' the soldier knew
Someone had blunder'd:
Their's not to make reply,
Their's not to reason why,
Their's but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.

Flash'd all their sabres bare,
Flash'd as they turn'd in air,
Sabring the gunners there,
Charging an army, while
All the world wonder'd:
Plunged in the battery-smoke
Right thro' the line they broke;
Cossack and Russian
Reel'd from the sabre stroke
Shatter'd and sunder'd.
Then they rode back, but not
Not the six hundred.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon behind them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
While horse and hero fell,
They that had fought so well
Came thro' the jaws of Death
Back from the mouth of Hell,
All that was left of them,
Left of six hundred.

When can their glory fade?
O the wild charge they made!
All the world wondered.
Honor the charge they made,
Honor the Light Brigade,
Noble six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
"

The English fled away as the riders pressed forward. Iroquois Corps had just landed and was regrouping. They began their advance toward enemy positions. Cannons were blasting away. Shells came from everywhere, explosion fireballs were covering the English lines.

The Iroquois were two hundred yards away. A few of them started to shoot. A few English fell.
Suddenly, the Apolytonian cannons started to shoot on the Scottish regiment.
Iroquois marched quicker. Shells exploded covering Scottish line and Iroquois opened fire.
"Bayonets! Bayonets!"
As smoke disappeared, hundreds of Iroquois soldiers charged on the Scottish weakened line. They were fifty yards away. Cannons had ceased their fire.
A clamor came up. Formations clashed together, fighting began.

Thunderfire looked on his left. From the hills, 1st Corps regiments were coming. Some cannons were positioned.
His Fox riders were regrouping and readied for a new charge.
On his right, English reinforcements finally arrived.

-Let them come....just a few seconds....now FIRE!!

All Apolyton cannons fired in unison. In mere seconds, half English regiments were devastated.
But that was only the start of the bloodshed.

Apolyton infantry and fox riders opened fire and charged forward.
Fox riders came from behind and musket men from the left.
The pocket was nearly closed. Some enemy regiments already tried to escape. Only brave Scottish hold their ground against Iroquois. But from the rear, charging forward, trusting their swords, came the Fox Riders.

As they looked back in horror, on their left the musketmen fired. They were lost, outnumbered, outmatched, outsmarted but they didn't surrender. They fought for honour and glory, those brave Scottish.

But soon enough, most of them were lying on the ground slain by swords or pierced by bayonets.

Apolyton forces pressed on, toward victory. The enemy was in full retreat. They hoped they could reach Banbury before those damned riders could attack them but from the other bank, two Apolyton Knight regiments were charging.

A few soldiers were on the bridge shooting desesperatly at those armoured demons.
A few knights fell but horses continued forward.

English brought a cannon. As they loaded it, the knights came on the bridge. It shook.
English riflemen put bayonets and kneed like pikemen.

At the last second, the cannon fired.
Thunderfire hoped the bridge didn't blow up. It didn't. The cannon ball had killed a lot of knights but it had also wounded the riflemen.
Knights quicly dispatched the survivors and took the gun.

Thunderfire looked behind him. He was overlooking the third corps. They were in perfect battle order. Those were his most trusted soldiers as much as his knights.

"-My soldiers, my brave soldiers! Today, it's your day we have long waited for! We are taking our revenge on those English! They are already retreating but you, my friends, you will give us a total victory. Now it's the time to crush them. Our knights have took the bridge, now they need you to trust even further, advance toward Warwick. We will win this battle today! By night, we will have take Warwick! Be glorious my soldiers! Tomorrow, you will be the great soldiers who won the decisive battle of Warwick!! FORWARD!!!

The whole Corps moved forward, thousands of men were marching.
Thunderfire was proud, those men, his men, knew their job. They were the ones standing at Apolyton City during the Civil War, now they are the winners of the Battle of Warwick, tomorrow they will be in London.

"-John, you will take the 2nd Corps. You will keep our right flank secure. On your left, will be the first Corps. We need to keep a small link between our position and Warwick.
-Sir yes sir!
-Francis, how are your fox riders?
-Well the second brigade has been heavily engaged and is very tired. They need rest.
-They can't and they won't. You will send them to slow down the English reinforcements. Harass them! Your riders need to scout and to attack any English trying to get to Warwick.
-And the 1st brigade?
-The 1st brigade will proceed with the 3rd Corps as it's has been said.
-What about our cannons? They are too slow.
-You will dispatch them between the 1st and 2nd Corps.
-Yes sir!
-Do you really think we can take Warwick today, Mark?
-With a bit of luck, yes. If those generals send reinforcements to Coventry, we can. There are only three regiments between us and Warwick. They have suffered heavy casualties in this sector against a Fox Rider regiment.
-Let's hope so then...
-Not hope, let's do so!

Thunderfire mounted his horse and rushed toward the 3rd Corps. His men cheered as they saw him coming among them.
------------------------------------------

November 13rd 1401

To Military Advisor:
We have taken Warwick! English army has been crushed, we have cut them in two. Most of their troops are between Warwick and Coventry. There are heavy fightings. My soldiers are regrouping around Warwick while Fox riders and Iroquois are chasing some English in the north.

We have got some casualties mainly Iroquois.
8.700 dead
14.400 wounded
1.000 MIA, prisoner
------------------------
186.000 are operational but I don't have any reports about Vodka forces.
He had about 15.000 men under him.

(ooc: Gio, you can modify the number)
Old November 24, 2002, 12:26   #457
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:12
Nov. 1, 1401
Status report on the English War as of Nov. 1. 1401
------------------------Top Secret----------------------------------
For the eyes of the Great Moderator, Field Marshall Easthaven, Thunderfire, and Jack_www.

MIA:3,000
Dead:14,250
wounded:14,400

Easthaven's army has surfered 80,000 casualties. He will report latter as to the exact number of missing dead and wounded.

We will also release a list of all the dead so that all in Apolyton may know of those who died in battle defending their country.

Easthaven's Army has taken the city of York, were the most heavy fighting in the war has taken place. I hope that when we try to take more english cities that the casualties will be lower, as we have killed 300,000 English troops. Which is most of their offensive army in the area. We are now focusing on taking Warwic and the Conventry to cut off the English forts and then then we will further advance into England.

We have 496,000 troops that can fight in England. We also have the Americans and Iroquois helping us with 300,000 men, which is already included in the figure.
I would like to send 200,000 more troops in England to replace our casualties, as Easthaven's army is in dire need of reinforcements.

Last edited by Jack_www; November 24, 2002 at 12:31.
Old November 24, 2002, 13:28   #458
Mellian
Queen

November 3rd, 1401

Foreign Advisor Mellian went to the Moderators office to drop off the latest diplomatic reports, but only ended seeing bunch of guards in the hall around the Moderator's Office's entrance. "What now?" she says to herself. She pushes away the guards, who were to shock to do anything, so she can enter the room. As soon as she entered, she sees the Moderator flap over her desk, with a knife sticking out of her back. The first words coming out of her mouth after a few seconds of silence was: "Damnit! Not again..."

November 15th, 1401

TO: Military Advisor (rest of the advisors back in Apolyton knows about it already)

Hello Jack, I just like to inform you that we lost another Moderator, as we found her dead in her office with a knife in her back. Apparently, the assassin went through the sewer pipes and created a trap door behind her, whom who later used.

As you may realize, this creates quite a dilemma, as their is no heirs. We could always promote one of their distant cousins, but wouldn't really be a good idea... Anyway, since the moderator hasn't chosen another Chief of Staff since my demotion, i'll take the position again for the time being until we figure something out. One good option is to start the Republic now.

And to make things worse, the Ottomans have officially declared war on us, but France remove themselves from the European Union, stranding many of their Musketeer units in England.

Chief of Staff Mellian
Old November 24, 2002, 13:40   #459
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

To Chief of Staff Mellian(secret):
There must have been a mole in the palace for something like this to have happen. I suggest that we start looking at all the new people who have just started to work at the Palace. Then after that we can look at those who have been there a long time. We must find who ever did this and punish them for their crime.

About the Republic, as I have read about the SRA and the more peacefull republican movement, you need to settle everyone differences before that can be done. A civil war can now easly take place if do not make the right moves. I sugest we call a meating of all the top members of the current government and we can select a new leader, untill we get things in order and the war is over. I will come to Apolyon as soon as I can.
Old November 24, 2002, 15:38   #460
Easthaven I
Prince

November 18th 1401
Easthaven's military intelligence was taking off. It became more organized and is soley made up of his wolf soldiers.

====

One of the wolf soldiers that were sent to find Colonel Cognac returned with a message:

Colonel Cognac is being held in London's Royal Prison. He is in a cell with a window, he is extremely exhausted from the beatings he's been getting but is still focused and well...sane.

"Hmm... Ok, here's the plan..." He said to his close wolf soldier officers.

"I'm going to send a battalion of wolf soldiers undercover(as reinforcements), you are to take a few barrels of gunpowder in a carriage covered in hay, you will be disguised of course. If any officers bother you, try to get by them but if they persist then just kill them. But do not get detected. Then you will wait in London, until we launch our offensive. When we launch our offensive against London the city should be in a chaotic state where nobody will even notice you. Thats when you will use the gunpowder to blow a hole in Cognac's cell, free him, then take over the prison, free all the prisoners! Once you've done that begin attacking English forces from the inside in a resistor sort of fashion, you should be in civilian clothing so it will be difficult for them to detect you even now.
You all are professional in the highest degree, you will be successful my brothers, now go! God speed!"

The Wolf Soldiers got up from the table and saluted their leader, then they exited the tent, and went off on their mission...
Old November 24, 2002, 17:31   #461
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 03:12
To: All concerned

I don’t intend to tell anyone how to do their job, but if anyone cares to listen, here are my views on our situation:
The English War has reached its logical conclusion. We have been pouring an inordinate amount of effort into it and whether or not it was the right thing to do to send how many thousands of our citizens off to die, we can gain no more by continuing. It seems fairly clear that we have crushed the English army and their allies are unlikely to want to fight for such a lost cause. Their morale will never be lower. However, even though we have won so far we certainly have not defeated their capacity to rise again if we give them reason to. Let us make every effort to secure peace now and at least appear somewhat magnanimous. If we continue when they are down, we would only be fueling their hatred. Let us not provoke them, and eventually they will turn their minds to other things. If we demand concessions, we will only infuriate them further and we will pay for it in the end. It is time to settle differences and bring home the compensation our citizens have earned so that the families of the dead may at least be comforted with the fact that their kin didn’t die in vain. Send no more lives to be used over on English lands when we have already accomplished the most we ever could have, at such a terrible price. Our rulers were noble and righteous, but it is time to bury our war along with our late Moderator. We must have peace.

Latentus made sure that his views were widely spread to every possible part of Apolyton, furthering his reputation among the peasants in preparation for the realization of his plans.

OOC: I know it’s a little early historically for a Marshall Plan, but remember: Latentus isn’t proposing this out of generosity or compassion or forward thinking. He is doing this to further his own political aims, and most of the things in the letter he doesn’t really care about except as far as they can be useful to him.
Old November 24, 2002, 17:33   #462
mmtt
Warlord

The 3rd Army is advancing toward London.
Fox Riders are first storming through the countryside rushing forward. Even some English columns have been bypassed. There are now dead or prisoners.

Apolyton troops are marching forward at an insane rate. Villages, towns are soon far away, only one word is in every mouth: "London"!

Some Apolyton scouts report having heard some fightings away. It might be fighting between French and their former allies.
---------------------
To Vodka:
I congratulate you for your stand at Coventry. You held them.
Now gather your men, some 5.000 men will join you. Advance in the south and link up with our southern allies. As soon as you did it, come back to London.

I can't see you now but when war will be over, I will meet you. I have thought about great things for you.
Old November 24, 2002, 17:37   #463
Jack_www
King

To Domestic Advisor Latentus:
There is one problem with your plans. The English refuse to talk about peace, and they seem to want to fight to the last man. We might be able to talk to them latter, but at the present time they are unwilling to seek peace. I have been trying for the last few months to get them to give up and make peace with us, but they do no want to hear us out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Field Marshall Jack_www, now back in Apolyton started to gather troops as reinforcements for Easthaven I army.
Old November 24, 2002, 17:49   #464
mmtt
Warlord

To Latentus(sent to Military Advisor first):
I don't think you understand what's really going on there.
Our troops have a high morale and want to push forward. We have couragous men, ammo, cannons.

Our enemy, as Field Marshall Jack said, doesn't want to surrender even if the outcome is each day becoming clearer and clearer.
But more and more English are dropping weapons as we advance, only this Queen and her followers are against us.

That's why Field Marshall Easthaven and I have decided to launch a final trust on London.

European Union is cracking and will disappear as France is now with us. Russia and Germany have understood it would be better to switch sides now than to support a lost cause.

No, I'm sure, we will soon win. England will lost her sea supremacy and our allies would keep a close eyes on them.

OOC: I'm not sure peasants would fully understand economy.
Old November 24, 2002, 18:03   #465
Easthaven I
Prince

March on London
Field Marshall Easthaven was at his table writing up reports to send back to Apolyton.

Captain Amos entered.

"Sire, General Washington has arrived."

"Send him in."

General Washington entered, he held his cap in his left hand and had his right hand on the handle of his sword.

"It is good to see you General." said Easthaven.

"You too, I hear you've had it rough, and I've seen it too, you sure dealt them a crushing blow."

"Oh, you give me too much credit, comrade, it was the men that did most of the work."

"Of course. And I'm sure your men need rest."

"That they do, General, they deserve it too but it will not come yet. I want 100,000 of your men to garrison this city, and I want to take command of the other 100,000 men and take them with me to attack London. I am launching a simultaneous offensive on London while General Thunderfire launches one as well."

"Heh, I am not going to give you 100,000 of my men, Field Marshall. Besides, your men must be exhausted, they would fall before they even reach London. Hehe." He chuckled.

"General! Do not underestimate my men, that's what the english did and now 300,000 of them are dead. You will give me 100,000 of your men. This war ends now! I can end it now, but if you wish to prolong it by your wrong proud decisions then do so."

"I have fought the english before General!..."

"That was ages ago you old fool! I have fought them now! I know their tactics! Now give me your men so that I may move to end this once and for all! General Thunderfire's men are on the move, they can not hit London alone, and I can not with only 110,000 men!"

Washington looked into the young general's eyes, seeing a man bent on death, not for others but for himself.

"Very well, I do not like how you treat your elders but you are one of the best Generals I have come to witness. You may take command of 100,000 americans, but I want them back in one piece Field Marshall. Now go and end this war."

"You will have your men back General, and thank you."

General Easthaven got up, shook Washington's hand and left the American General in his tent.

=====

Field Marshall Easthaven was on his horse, he gathered his troops which now included 100,000 fresh american soldiers. He once again climbed the small hill to speak to his men.

"Ok, we are off to London. Apolytonians, I know you are tired but I ask you to put that aside for now. We have a chance to end this here and now with one more battle. Our bretheren need us now, they can't do this alone and I'm sure you all want to partake in the fall of London. So, fight with me once more, give me the priviledge of entering battle beside you brave men one more time." The response was a cheer and the lifting of each soldiers sword high above, they would follow their General into hell and back.

"As for you newcomers! All I ask is you let me lead you. I have heard much of the Americans and I hope all of it is true, for if it is, we will come out of this battle victorious! So my fellow allies, let us, together, destroy our common enemy so that we may go home to our families and live a life of peace!" Another cheer was the response, this time from the americans.

"On to London! On to Justice!" He yelled as he twirled his horse around, sword held high. He raced forward towards the city of London, over 200,000 cheering men followed. Once again the thunderous rumbling sounds of an invading army was heard throughout the hills of England. Once again they were off to fight...
Old November 24, 2002, 22:29   #466
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

November 26th, 1401
COntrary to almost everyone's expectations, the Moderator has survived! However, she is delirious half of the time and suffering from infections from her wound all the time. It is uncertain whether she still live come January.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old November 24, 2002, 22:37   #467
Jack_www
King

November 26, 1401
To Great Moderator Manvolewa I:
I am now here in Apolyton. I will make sure that no one harms you. I am getting the best docters in the world to help you recover from you wounds. I would also think it would be wise to select an heir before anything else happens.
Old November 24, 2002, 22:57   #468
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 03:12
November 30th, 1401

Latentus looked again at the messages sent to him concerning the stance on the English War. He knew the generals were right and didn’t really care about any animosity the English would retain as long as Apolyton held the power to do as it pleased, as it surely would considering the way the war was going. Nonetheless, Latentus had begun advocating his position for political reasons, and to back down now would lose him the limited and already tenuous support he was slowly building up among the ordinary citizens. That wouldn’t do at all. He must hold firm. After all, with his current position on the subject, there was almost no outcome he wouldn’t benefit in credibility from. Truly, there wasn’t much he was saying anyway. His entire position could be fairly accurately summed up as, “Don’t screw up” (though the ordinary peasant thought it was much more profound and insightful than that). So he didn’t stand much to lose in that aspect. The generals, however, were another matter entirely. Despite many citizens’ mild dissatisfaction with the lack of reward for them yielded by the war, that dissatisfaction was usually aimed at the administration (including Latentus, despite all the efforts he had taken to appear removed from the war, to his vast dismay) so the generals remained popular. And that was just the Apolytonians at home. Among the soldiers, some of the generals were almost gods. Latentus was very concerned about the possibility of one of those generals seizing power, especially now that the moderator could die and it was unclear who would replace her if she did. He would have to put some safeguards in place in order to protect his interests should anything of the kind be about to happen. If only those gullible peasants gave as much credit for actually accomplishing things as they did for killing vast numbers of people. Reflecting on his own thoughts, Latentus laughed sourly. He was becoming bitterer by the day. It was this job that was doing it to him. Part of him wanted to quit, yet he knew that having tasted the power and responsibility and having seen all that could be accomplished, he would never give it up until someone worthy was available to replace him. In Latentus’ opinion, that person would never come.
Old November 25, 2002, 00:31   #469
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 20:12
THE SRA PRESS RELEASE
I Liam Sheep, exiled President of the SRA and continuing figurehead of freedom in Apolyton, have claimed responsibilty for the assaination attempt against the Moderator. The Moderator will die, as the posion in the wound does its work. I ask all of Apolyton to rise against the regime that rules you. Replace it with one of Democracy and liberty, one where all men are equal. God will reward us with or conitinued faith.

Meanwhile the following proclamations have been sent to the following people under cover of dark.

To ApepI: I will welcome the Council of Apolyton and give them assistance. When the war of Republicanism comes, I will put forward that the Council becomes the first Senate of Apolyton. I of course for this help will nominate the first President. This temporary arrangement will allow the formation of the new constution

To Mellian: I ask for your help. Perhaps we could gain the illustious General Jack_www to lead the SRA funded armies in my training camps. Already China, Japan, England, France, Russia, Ottoman Turkey and Rome have pledged assistance once the time for the war of Republicanism begins. The training camps are off the current Apolyton Maps.

To Jack_www: We the SRA wish for you to lead our armies. We have many who assist us. England of course will regain what you have taken off her, but this is to our benefit as Apolyton is unable to peacefully control the English homeland.

To Giovanni Vodka: Your brother Giovanni Cognac has been placed under my control fro the English government. I wish for his well being and hope you will co-operate with the SRA.

A GENERAL PLEA: Join the SRA and free yourselves from the crippled Moderator. Everyone is to be equal at last.
Old November 25, 2002, 02:19   #470
Apep
Chieftain

December 1401
Apep II was very much saddened to hear of the fate that had befallen his old mother. The delerious Moderator had given him leave to return to Porkton for her predicted funeral
Apep I had told the Council and Liam Sheep of the biological weapon that he was about to unleash, he had also managed to obtain a small amount of a herb that supposedly was the antidote however he expected that this was a kamikaze mission for himself.
His job at current was washing dishes. He looked around as he bent down to scoop the water from the palace reservoir.
There was a small 'plop' as a prior victim's thumb fell into the water...

(OOC: Melian, I believe I'm the trade advisor, thats why haven't been doing much actual work, I don't think the Trade Advisor does much)
Old November 25, 2002, 02:22   #471
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

To Apep: We do not wish for you to start this warfare, as many innocent people will die. We only wish this gets to you before it is too late. If you do this the SRA will cut all ties with the evil Council and order its destruction.
Old November 25, 2002, 02:51   #472
mmtt
Warlord

London has fallen! French troops opened the gates when Apolyton forces came in. As fightings were going in the outskirts of the city, some fox riders manage to infiltrate the city.

They quickly took control of important buildings and set the city a flame.
Meanwhile both armies stroke main European Union forces from north and south.

Even if the enemy was superior in number, Apolytonian military skills and tactics prevailed. Cannons opened fire from everywhere on advancing enemy regiments while cavalry outflanked and closed a pocket.

A massive bombardment followed. The superior Apolyton artillery outmatched European Union one. German and Russian generals asked for a cease-fire and left their former allies on the battlefield against the impetuous Apolyton armies.

----------------------------
To Field Marshalls (top secret):
Part A of Operation Winter Harvest has been succesfully done. Moving now to Part B.

To General Giovanni Vodka:
For your achievements during English-Apolyton war, I, Field Marshall Thunderfire, Commander of National Defense, have the honour to give you control over taken territories in English land.
You will also sign the peace treaty with England.

Our terms are:
-York is becoming ours for 5 years
-Coventry and Warwick to America
-Manchester to Aztecs or Zulu
-Limitation of British Navy to 20 boats.

---------------------------
The 3rd Army is regrouping and woundeds are being healed in London hospitals. Gallions are coming at York harbour.
Old November 25, 2002, 03:19   #473
Sheep
King

To Thunderfire: We could use you to command the armies of the SRA and to bring Republicanism to Apolyton. Apolyton as a Republic would favour defense over offense and if you do this you will be the Field Marchall of the entire army.
Old November 25, 2002, 03:30   #474
Sheep
King

I am a PRince!!!!
Old November 25, 2002, 03:40   #475
Apep
Chieftain

Apep I had received the letter from Sheep later that day, it was too late, the council everything he had worked for so long was probably doomed. But he didn't really care, he out of all the people in Apolyton had the cure.
There was only one problem, the cure didn't work...
Old November 25, 2002, 03:47   #476
Sheep
King

Dear Moderator,
Although we have our diffrences I must inform you that at the present their a bio-terrorists at large in your empire. A new plague will begin. There is no cure, except for stopping massed congrgations of people. I hope for the sake of the oppressed people of Apolyton that for once you will do something in their favour
Old November 25, 2002, 04:05   #477
Jack_www
King

After finding out about the plague, Jack_www had the entire Palace sealed and took everyone who worked there to anther location, no one will be able leave or see them. Also he has begun an investigation of all the new workers at the Palace.
Old November 25, 2002, 04:09   #478
Sheep
King

BTW, Liam Sheep would like to let you know that he has nothing to do with the bio-terrorism, and there is a strong suspision that it was ApepI
Old November 25, 2002, 07:53   #479
mmtt
Warlord

Apolyton Army has now regrouped in York. Troops are being loaded in gallions and will soon sail away. There are also some ManoWar captured as part of the treaty.

To Giovanni Vodka:
You will stay in York for a couple of months maximun with some 75.000 men. You will soon be relieved of this boring administration position.
Old November 25, 2002, 12:06   #480
Mellian
Queen

Re: THE SRA PRESS RELEASE
OOC: Sheep, Your overstepping your bounderies and powergaming again, so stop it! I already said before i control the other nations relations...even to smaller groups like SRA, and most of the nations you have chosen doesn't make sence to have them support a republic movement. You don't have Cognac, and should discuss with civman before taking the blame for the assassination, who could of just been an english operative who had no ties with ya. All the stuff i just said is what i call overstepping your bounds with powergaming. This is a STORY, not something to WIN, keep that in mind. last posts before these were okay, but the latest are not. I suggest you consider the consistency of things then blurting out you have this this and this in the world, treating it like Modern Era days with terrorist camps all over the place, bio-terrorism and ect. Even thought your not the one who did it, such words as bio-terrorism or biological warfare means nothing in in late-medieval era! Also, no way, you know everything is going on here cause, i cut off your spy ring in apolyton

Apep, what you mean Trade Advisor does no work? no wonder that the Economy is a bit at shambles some other nations are complaining about not getting any response to their trade proposals

mmtt, 20 boats? thats like two Naval units do you mean 20 units?

Quote:
To Mellian: I ask for your help. Perhaps we could gain the illustious General Jack_www to lead the SRA funded armies in my training camps. Already China, Japan, England, France, Russia, Ottoman Turkey and Rome have pledged assistance once the time for the war of Republicanism begins. The training camps are off the current Apolyton Maps.
TO Liam Sheep

Your talking to one who has way better contact and personal relations with other nations, meaning, your full of crap. You may have still some brainwashed spies working for you, but in no way you have support of nations we don't have contact with or from nations who are obviously Anti-Republic. Also, what makes you think i'll help someone who as betrayed Apolyton and just using so called SRA as an attempt to gain power? WHo obviously send letters just to cause problems? My suggestion is for to run like hell, Sheep, and simply dissapear.

Chief of State Mellian

After sending off that letter, to the address Sheep said to send to, she got the both the new Apolyton Intelligence Service and the Apolyton Security Agency to work, to keep tag the courier and trace where the letter is going. They'll be keeping an eye on the anyother replies to letter other Advisors reported to receive.

Secretly to them, she even ask the American Ambassador to have the CIA in Apolyton to help a long with the Apolyton Republic Movement (who have stated they are against the SRA, as they just a ploy). No sheep can get away now...

Last edited by Mellian; November 25, 2002 at 12:24.