Old November 8, 2002, 01:26   #61
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 02:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
John tried to sleep that night, but he couldn't. His discovery of the cannon made him think of nothing but the war. He paced back in forth in his room at the Royal Palace. He drew up war plans and made plans for every scenario possible. Though he was the Science Advisor, he definitely knew a thing or two about the military. He finally found a scenario he thought would work. He immediately wrote a letter to the Military Advisor and sent it with a messenger.

To: the Military Advisor

Though I'm the science advisor, I have a suggestion for you for the campaign. The Zulus have a huge land army and, they are the ones with true fighting experience against the English. Remember back in the Silk War back in 1391? The Zulus fought a short but fierce with with the English. England invaded Zululand for its highly desired silk fields but then the Zulu counterattacked and got them off the island? Most of their current military members fought in that war, and the Zulu officers no how to fight the English. I propose we give our newly discovered secrets of Metallurgy to the Zulu, and they upgrade their navy to frigates and galleons as we do ours. Then, the Americans launch a ground assault of central England. After the war has started and the English concentrate their forces on the Anglo-American border, we launch an amphibious invasion of northern England and the Zulu launch a similar invasion to the south. Please consider these suggestions.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old November 8, 2002, 02:23   #62
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 20:12
July 1st 1400 (someone has to tell me how this date thingy works out)
FOR THE MODERATOR"S EYES ONLY

The assaination of your mother was in fact carried out by and American citizen working for the English government. We are technically unable to do anything to the English as so far we have not the proof needed to connect the English government to this attrocity. We could qestion the Americans though....

I happy to tell you that 2 English ships werer damaged by Apolytononer sabouters. More information on this cannot be given, as its a matter of security for these brave men.

TOP SECRET

Colonel Chuko: The plan involves replacing a certain official high up in the government with you. Unfortauntley this would mean that you are my puppet but then again the Secret Police will eliminate all opposition.

Unkown to all

The American assasin was actually employed by ASIS. ASIS being the Secret Police. Liam Sheep will soon come up with valid evidence tying him to England and allowing us to invade.
Old November 8, 2002, 04:57   #63
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 11:12
To: great moderator, civman I

As you wish my lord, I have switched production on most cities like your orders said.
I also took the liberty to use some forced labor in Einted, as you remembered the city had problem with overpopulation, therefore i thought that using some whip would just be a good thing.

I also inform you that the anti-English propoganda has been succesfull, especially after I told the people that it was the english who dared kill your great mother.

(this is very secret, and can be read only by the moderator):
As you know I'm in the government from more time than you, I have a big experience in those thing, I have reason to believe that some high officials are not fully loyal to your highness, someone you are really trusting.
Please be very careful.

To: Military Advisor

Most cities are training a lot of troops.
In 2-3 months you should have at your orders 4 new Musketman divisions, 7 new Knight squadroon, 7 new Medieval Infantry division and 5 new Frigates fleets
After the anti-English propaganda I started the people fully support you, and the morale of the newly trained troops will be very high.

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old November 8, 2002, 05:04   #64
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

Local Time: 10:12
July 10th 1400
To All

Everything fine and in order. No treasonus things going around in MY garrison

Top Secret to ASIO

Very well, I am willing to agree, as long as I keep my troops... as long as it is not Moderator. I don't lust for that sort of power

By the way I would check your security if I were you. My sorce in the Moderators Guard suggest that he has been forewarned of a certian plot against him
Old November 8, 2002, 14:38   #65
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 04:12
OOC: discovering metallurgy so fast is possible, but then we shouldn't get any more discoveries for a while.
July 17th
Announcement of the Apolyton Empire and His Highness Supreme Moderator civman I: We have now declared war on the Kingdom of England!!
The Moderator has ordered immediate attacks on all English ships. He also announced that he will lead the invasion forces into England, leaving Domestic Advisor Giovanni Wine (Or as civman calls him, "Wiovani Wain) in charge while he is gone.
The Moderator's Chief of Staff has been executed due to a disagreement.
To the Domestic Advisor: Would you like to be Chief of Staff?

More will be posted in an hour, gotta go

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old November 8, 2002, 15:24   #66
mmtt
Warlord

July 18th
To Colonel Chuko: You have been affected to the Moderator's Guard as the commander of this elite unit. We hope you will perform well in this task. The whole army is proud of your achievement.

To Great Moderator: As you decided to lead the invasion, I have affected one of the most trusted officer of the Apolyton Army as the leader of the guard, Colonel Chuko.

To Domestic Advisor: As the Moderator decided to put you in command of Apolyton Empire, I will obey to your orders. Also, I'm requesting the production of cannons and knights units. Cannons will be needed to soften enemy position and knight are our best offensive units.

I'm also interested in a way to make muskets for cavalry units. The mobility of a horse added to the firepower of a musket would be of a great help on the battlefield.

On a side note:
Coastal defense troops: 25 musketmen units
Cities Defense: 3/4 musketmen units in every city.
Our knight units are mostly around harbors and at Apolyton City.
We have around 30 units of medieval infantry, pikemen, longbow men. They are of poor offensive valor and should only be reserved as occupation forces in quite sectors. They may be sent to America if reinforcements are needed.

I also suggest that our fleet only protect our convoys to America. We can't right now start a full engagement with British Navy.

Commander of National Defense
Old November 8, 2002, 15:51   #67
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 05:12
Quote:
May 11th, 1400
To the Foreign Advisor: TEll England that if they do not let us have an embassy and Magnetism their spies will
They refuse and they will NOT give into our threats. Soon after getting their response, i received envoys from Russia, Germany and Spain that if Apolyton declares war on England, we are declaring war against all of them. Apparently, they have formed in the past year or so an alliance called the "European Union". That would explain why the English acquired Magnetism farther ahead then expected. It is unknown wether the French is part of this Union or not, if so, they would be the only Republic in it. When I spoke to the American Ambassador, they said they already knew and are concerned, mentioning that the Ottomanshave been close buddies with them as well.

Oh, by the way, I have agreed to the American proposal with agreement that they provide us their research on Metallurgy. By combining our Research capabalities, we should be able to acquire the technology before the end of the year.

I suggest that the Minister of Intelligence stop assuming things without actual facts to back it up like for example talking about the threat of their Man'o'Wars before they could even complete the construction of one and for our Navy to have spotted one. I also suggest that he stops sending spies all over the place without proper authourization! Do you not realize that you could
jeopardize our Alliance with the Americans? Do you not think they know what our spies are doing? The only reason they didn't make a big fuss about it is that their government is enjoying themselves by misinforming them. No wonder they are not very forthcoming in providing information! They don't trust us! Also shows them how bad terrible our information gathering spies are at getting accurate information. After saying all that, I am completly against the Idea of Assassination, especially if the Americans happen to have a considerable better intelligence service then ours.

Quote:
TO ALL: War plans are currently set for November. I want our troops to be fighting in the winter, the ENglish tropical summer is very hot.
I suggest that the Military Advisor and so on waits until i provide them maps of the region before they go making war plans. I also suggest we improve our intelligence services before depending on their so called accurate information.

-Mellian
Old November 8, 2002, 15:52   #68
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

July 18th
To the Commander of National Defense: Request denied. The only ships that will not attack the British ships will be the ones protecting my army.
To the Military Advisor: I want my forces to be able to land in America near the British border on August 21st.
The Moderator has left a secret will stating that if he dies in battle the Domestic Advisor will be his successor.
To General Chuko: I welcome you to be my guard in battle.
A 3rd cousin of the Moderator's who is also a deputy under the Military Advisor has been appointed to temporarily replace Chuko as leader of teh Apolyton garrison.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old November 8, 2002, 15:57   #69
civman2000
Emperor

OOC: We just declared war on England, and the Moderator will not for any reason back down. He is obsessed with avenging his mother

Old November 8, 2002, 16:27   #70
Mellian
Queen

OOC: People, please, i'm the FOREIGN MINISTER...so any external actions that could effect diplomatic relations should be discussed with me in the game ...especially when you want to acquire allies like the Zulus... who we don't know to well and foreigner phobic after constant wars and discrimination by their neighbours and other foreign nations like the English.

Quote:
July 17th
Announcement of the Apolyton Empire and His Highness Supreme Moderator civman I: We have now declared war on the Kingdom of England!!
The Moderator has ordered immediate attacks on all English ships. He also announced that he will lead the invasion forces into England, leaving Domestic Advisor Giovanni Wine (Or as civman calls him, "Wiovani Wain) in charge while he is gone.
July 18th

Before I send off your declaration of war, I suggest that we wait until your safely in America a long with enough ground units. The Coasts will be inflamed with naval battles, which will make your travel lot more dangerous.

I would like to mention that one of the American Corvettes spotted one of the English's new Man'O'War unit patrolling near their territorial waters.

Oh, another thing, the Iroquois are annoyed with us for cancelling our Affiliation treaty, but shouldn't worry about them helping the English as they hate them more then we do, after what the English done to them before the Independence War that formed America.
Old November 8, 2002, 16:32   #71
mmtt
Warlord

July 19th
To Great Moderator(ooc: when will you leave for America?):Sire, lastest reports are mostly concerning. This so-called European Alliance will surely jeopardize the country safety. We will soon face a war we can't win. I begg you to consider a withdraw of our full forces. Against 4 or 5 countries, we don't stand a chance. Our troops won't be able to push back the enemy at sea. I will try to build defenses along coastline near beaches as soon as possible but against a major invasion, Apolyton will fall in matter of weeks.

To Chief of Staff Giovanni Wine (secret):
Our great moderator do not see the danger of this war. You are wise and in this circumstance you will understand the necessity of disobeying to his majesty. Nobody knows as much as you do the danger of this war. I suggest we immediately make peace with the European Alliance. The majority of our forces didn't reach America already. I will be able to call them back if Military Advisor Jack supports us.

The destiny of Apolyton lies in your hand. My sword is all yours.

Last edited by mmtt; November 8, 2002 at 17:09.
Old November 8, 2002, 17:10   #72
Giovanni Wine
King

20 July, 1400

To great moderator: civman I
from: your humbly servant, the Domestic Advisor, Giovanni Wine.

Your majesty, I will accept the promotion you granted me, from now on I'll be the Chief of Staff of our glorious empire.

With my new power I think it is my duty to inform you that a war against the English now would be suicidal, we need to prepare our troops first.
I think it would be much wiser to wait till November like your majesty suggested in the first place.

Maybe we should ask our Foreign Advisor to ask the English to give us the man who assasinated your holy mother, so that we can trial him here, and execute him.

Please do not be too much impulsive, we need to stay as rational as possible and to avoid a war with the European Union now, otherwise our brave soldiers will be killed, our glorious empire will be lost, and both me and you will ne hanging off the Great Library Tower.

-------

To Foreign Advisor:

Do not send the declaration of war, we will tell the great moderator that the messenger that was bringing it died because of a thief once he entered the American soil, but we must delay this war as much as possible, otherwise we'll be doomed.
Try to get as many allies as possible, even far away ones, and try to see what their reaction to our possible attack on England would be.
In a war like that we need as many friends as possible, that will come to our protection in case we are losing ground to the English

-------

To military advisor and commander of national defense:

As i'm not a real expert in the art of war, since I grew up in a very rich family, which allowed me not to having to do the military service.
I will leave you full power in this, and I will intervene only when I think there really is need.

I must ask you to speed up the sending of our troops in America, as I don't know for how much I will be able to delay this war.
And God may be with us all.

-------

To Minister of Intelligence:

I want as many spies in England as soon as possible.
I want to know everything about them, I even want to know how many milk bath take Elizabeth during a day.
And I want to know it soon.

Show the Foreign Advisor that he is in wrong when saying that our Intelligence Agency is not good, and give our Military Advisors all the information they need about the English troops.

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old November 8, 2002, 17:10   #73
Mellian
Queen

OOC: I haven't sent the Declaration of War envoy to england yet Also, Russia, Germany and Spain will only be able to help defend England with ground forces initially, so will be awhile before then send fleet of ships with troops to invade apolyton. just thought i would mention. another thing, Foreign Advisor is a she.

July 20th, 1400

TO: Moderator

I ask if i could try arrange some major alliance of our own? It may take some work, but I am confident that i can do it where I could get help from the Iroquois, Monguls, possibly the Aztecs and possibly the Zulus. This may require us given out gold and technologies to convince them.

Last edited by Mellian; November 8, 2002 at 19:31.
Old November 8, 2002, 18:00   #74
civman2000
Emperor

July 22nd, 1400
The Moderator has ordered the Chief of Staff and Commander of National Defense executed (unless you really think this would be unfair please let it happen). He has changed his will to give his sisters joint power if he dies.
To all: WE ARE INVADING ENGLAND. QUESTIONING THAT FACT IS TREASON!
To teh Foreign ADvisor: send the declaration of war, and also send the proof of English involvement in my mother's murder to the so-called "European Alliance." If you do this you can be my Chief of Staff. If not you will be publically beheaded.
TO GEneral Chuko: I want your forces to be my guardian agains further seditious and treasonous acts.
To the Military Advisor: I want my army ready by August 10th.

Old November 8, 2002, 19:09   #75
Easthaven I
Prince

CONFIDENTIAL, MODERATOR ONLY!
civman I, I must say you must be very careful. I advise you to create a department that protects you at all times, and you must appoint your most trusted friends in this department. Talks have been circulating of your removal, I have old war buddies who have advised me of this. I strongly advise you to keep one eye open when you sleep and be on alert constantly. Treason is unacceptable and must be dealt with. I advise you to clean up all personnel suspected of treason.

My men of my battalion back when I was their commander are still very loyal to me. They would follow me into hell and I will follow you. Some could be placed in this new department if you choose to make it sir. Surround yourself with trustworthy men, sir...and loyal men. And always be armed.

I also request permission to go with you, sir, if you shall ride into battle I wish to be there also.
Old November 8, 2002, 19:32   #76
civman2000
Emperor

July 23rd, 1400
I will create an Agency of Royal Security, headed by General Chuko. Currently, it shall consist of him and his forces he wishes to have with him and Easthaven and his forces.

Old November 8, 2002, 19:35   #77
Mellian
Queen

OOC: to those that the moderator as ordered to be executed...he ORDERED, meaning, doesn't mean it will actually happen, lol
Old November 8, 2002, 19:41   #78
civman2000
Emperor

OOC: Yes but I said in the post that unless they really don't want to have their character die those orders should be carried out...I just wanted to make sure it was OK for me to kill them off so suddenly.

Old November 8, 2002, 21:03   #79
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

25th of July, 1400
Lord Moderator, today we captured two of General Easthaven I's troops approching your tent, swords in hand, ready to assassinate you. I beleve that the general is not trustworthy, and should be reassigned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Top Secret ASIO

I have formulated a plan of my own. With the chief of staff in the bad books, he will most proberly not named sucsessor if our leader dies in battle. I have framed a plot against General Easthaven I's forces making them look unloyal to him. His forces are the only ones I fear. Once they are gone, I will assassinate the moderator.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Top Secret, Ministry of Defence; Chief of State

You are no longer trusted by the Moderator, and I propose a triumverate of You two and the director of ASIO as the new leaders whn our great moderator dies in battle. Please respond within the month

Colonel-General Chuko, Lord of Zalzabad
Old November 8, 2002, 21:51   #80
unscratchedfoot
Prince

Local Time: 19:12
Shouldn't this be moved to the NES forum too?
Old November 8, 2002, 22:19   #81
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

July 26, 1400
To the Great Moderator civman2000:
For the eyes of the Moderator only
I want to pleg my loyalty to you. I have heard things among my own troops and others high in the government about plans of Sheep to gain more power. I suggest you would be wise to watch your back and trust no one. I will try and uncover the plot of the traitors and execute them once I find them.
Old November 8, 2002, 23:02   #82
Easthaven I
Prince

TO MODERATOR ONLY:
civman I, General Chuko's accusations are false. I know each of my men personally and the two he has arrested have both been awarded the 2nd highest medals of Apolyton. My men are extremely patriotic and loyal and to accuse them of treason is ludicrous. I implore you to not ever have your back turned to General Chuko. These are troubling times Moderator. There are only a few you can trust, choose them wisely. I do not know if General Chuko is one of the plotters I only suggest you keep an open eye on him at all times.

I pledge my life to you moderator, it don't mean much to me anymore. The only reason I don't leave and live peacefully in my blissful cabin is because I want this country led by the rightful leaders, not a band of traitors. My uncle trusted you, so shall I.

My men and I will die for you, we are better trained then Chuko's men let us protect you. We are not ambitious men, we only wish to serve and protect that is what we were born for, and those are the type of men I personally chose when I created this special operations battalion years ago.

You are a wise man of a long line of wise men, stay the course and follow you instincts Great One. I will do all I can to ensure your place as Moderator of Apolyton.

God speed Great Moderator,
Lieutenant-General Easthaven Beleriand I, Commander of the Wolf Battalion.
Old November 9, 2002, 02:06   #83
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

1st of August 1400
Dear Cousin Draka

I am afraid my time may not be long on this planet. I ask you to return as soon as you can. Bring Uncle Minos with you, I fear that my son will not be able to carry on my legacy Easthaven is getting suspisious about my plans, and I do not know for how much longer I can trust director Sheep, and the National Defence Advisor. I have discovered who committed the grievous murder of my father, and I am only days away from finding out the Moderators dirty secret. Please haste your return.

Sincerly, Cousin Chuko
Old November 9, 2002, 02:22   #84
johncmcleod
Prince

To: Military Advisor

Though I am the science advisor and I serve my country the best by using my brains, but I'd just like to say if you need me to fight, I will be there. I believe I would make a good officer. I have shown my leadership skills already (being the science advisor I lead a large team of scientists), I know much about the military, and I vigorously exercise every day, so I'm in good ship. I'm not giving up my position, I'm just saying I'll be there if I'm needed.

To Foreign Advisor:
I continue to stand by my statement saying the Zulu would be perfect allies. They have a huge land army. They also are the only army in the world that most of its members have recent combat experience. They also have fought the English and they know how to fight them. Besides that, I have seen the Zulu fight. Four years ago, in 1396, I went to Zululand to give aid to their scientists. I was at an outpost town and a Barbarian tribe they didn't know of had massed a huge army and attacked the town. Because it looked like they would kill us all I picked up a sword and some armor and fought with them. The Barbarians outnumber threefold at least but the impis fought with so much precision, skill, and determination they completely destroyed the barbarians and lost very few of their own. The English troops would melt away against the Zulu. We must form an alliance.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old November 9, 2002, 02:28   #85
johncmcleod
Prince

Though I will always do whatever is necessary for the good of Apolyton, I question the purpose of this war. We take war to lightly, I don't want to be known as an aggressive nation and I am afraid that the Great Moderator might be waging this war based on personal reasons. I can't stand Elizabeth and the English public, but that doesn't mean thousands should die on behalf of the Great Moderator's feeling at the moment.
Old November 9, 2002, 03:09   #86
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

To Science Advisor:
I would like help with naval planing, but I dont know how much you know about naval tatics, my focus is on the army, and would like help in this area. The English are eneimies of the Apolyton Empire. They will attack us sooner or latter. We must strike now to get the upper hand. You must be carefull of such talk, especially now that war is already on and with traitors every where.
Old November 9, 2002, 05:51   #87
Giovanni Wine
King

6 August, 1400

Chief of Staff, Giovanni Wine was sitting at his desk, drinking a famous drink from China, the Tea.

When a soldier entered the room, he was a big soldier, very strong, he probably already killed some 20 men with his sword, and why would he step back killing one old weak man.

"Sire" he said with a very proud and solemn voice "I'm here to..."

"I know why you are here soldier, don't be wasteful of words, they are the strongest weapon a man has... what's your name soldier?"

"Me....I...I...My name is Jakob Vorheint sire, frem the city of Vikomore"

"Vikomore?, the same Vikomore that was burned to ground by the moderator?"

"Y..Yes sire"

"A nice place indeed... you know soldier?, I have a son, he should be about the same age as you, he is 26, and now he is studing in the Art and Science universities of Athens, in Greece.... It is about 8 years I'm not seeing him... and my wife too, she is so lovely"

Giovanni Wine got out of his desk, went around the room and grabbed an old axe.

"Do you see this axe soldier?... this was the axe of the first Giovanni in Apolyton Empire, the holy Giovanni Del Grappa, he was between the first Apolytonian citizens, he was a proud warrior, with his axe he killed a lot of enemies, many more than any other soldier of his time.
(pause)
When i was born, and I was living in the woods, I used this very same axe to chop trees down, I was a very strong man back than... If I was still that strong I would have killed you, and i would have gained my way out of here... but now... I'm old It doesn't make sense
(pause)
Can you do something for me soldier?"

"Yes sire, everything"

"will you give those letters to my family, in the Moncalieri village?"

"Y...Yes sire.. it's... it's an honor for me sire"

"Goodbey soldier, may the Gods be with you tomorrow, when you will be fighting the English"

SWISH...........SLAM
TUNF

The Body of Giovanni Wine fell down lifeless, with his head chopped off
----------

When the family read the letters, they all escaped in Greece, and reached the older son in Athens.

But the two sons won't leave this delict unpunished.

Saluti
Old November 9, 2002, 06:40   #88
mmtt
Warlord

6 August 1400
Apolyton Army Headquarters, in Commander of National Defense office.

The door slam open and four soldiers burst in.

Commander of National Defense looks up. The soldiers wear a Personal Moderator Guard Uniform.
One of them, the commander immediately recognize him, is General Chuko.

-What do you want, general? asked Thunderfire
-Great Moderator has ordered your arrestation and your execution for treason to Apolyton Empire. Please, do not resist
-So, this is the end. Apolyton will soon fall.

He stands up and glare at Chuko.
-Arrest him!
Two soldiers seize Thunderfire and push him out of the office.
-Where are we going?
-The place is of none importance.
-Well, I have no choice but to follow you it seems.

Silence while they leave the headquarters, officers or generals don't look at them trying to feign their existence they cross the courtyard and mount horses.

Soon enough, they are on a hill overlooking Apolyton city.

Dark clouds are coming over the palace at the otherside of Apolyton city.
Rain starts to fall down over the city and the five men dismount. Thunder is heard far away. A lightning flash breaks the sky. Air is loud and harsh.

In slow motion, the three soldiers draw their sword and look to Chuko, awaiting the order to slay the traitor. (camera zooms to Chuko face )
(ooc: very cinematographic but couldn't resolve me to end it. The soldiers are very loyal to the Moderator as they are Personal Guards. They are elite guys and skilled with swords, wearing red clothes and a black plastron.)

--------------
What will you do Zalzabad?
Old November 9, 2002, 09:22   #89
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
July 22nd, 1400
The Moderator has ordered the Chief of Staff and Commander of National Defense executed (unless you really think this would be unfair please let it happen). He has changed his will to give his sisters joint power if he dies.
When she heard of this terrible news, she wished she could help, and she could too. But this is not the right time to compromise her position.

Quote:
To all: WE ARE INVADING ENGLAND. QUESTIONING THAT FACT IS TREASON!
To teh Foreign ADvisor: send the declaration of war, and also send the proof of English involvement in my mother's murder to the so-called "European Alliance." If you do this you can be my Chief of Staff. If not you will be publically beheaded.
It sha'll be done Moderator, but I prefer that I am not to be promoted to Chief of Staff as I want to continue what I do best, Foreign Affairs. Especially now, with the incoming war, I can create an alliance of our own against the English and their so called "Friends". You won't be able to find someone better then I to do that, as I have being doing this for many decades now. Of course, your the Moderator and you are to make the decision, but I am simply advising.

OOC: out of character wise, i rather not be chief of staff as well She may have her connections all over the place, and some would be known to Intel and so on, but that wouldn't suspicious because thats what she usually does, even before the Moderator become the Moderator and usually only involves diplomacy. Together with the way she is, no one can seriously believe she would be a "traitor", because really, she isn't She loves Apolyton, even though she may not like the people she works with to keep the land safe,

-Mellian
Old November 9, 2002, 09:24   #90
civman2000
Emperor

August 10th, 1400
Announcement: EDIT: REEDIT: Mellian now is Chief of Staff
"Where is Chuko???????" asked the Moderator.
"I saw him going out somewhere with Thunderfire as a prisoner a few days ago," answered his sister Flakhei civwoman.
"Well where is he now??"
"I don't know, I haven't seen or heard of him since..."
Bit by bit, by asking peasants in the street about what they saw, the Moderator retraces the steps of Chuko and Thunderfire. He sees what is happening, and takes out his sword and thrusts trying to kill the 3 soldiers...

Last edited by civman2000; November 9, 2002 at 09:57.