Old November 9, 2002, 22:08   #121
Easthaven I
Prince

Local Time: 04:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
August 25th 1400

To General Jack(secret):
I also created a list of all possible enemies against the Moderators who would wish dethronement or death upon them.
There are 3 lists. the First are the most dangerous and warrant an arrest, the next two are only suspicions and speculation.

Alpha list

-Liam Sheep, and his top lieutenants
-General Chuko, and his troops
-English spies

Bravo list

-All of Giovanni's Wine's relatives, esp. his sons Giovanni Vodka and Giovanni Cognac believed to be located in Greece(a team of ten wolves sent to keep an eye on them).
-General Chuko's relative's, whereabouts unkown to me except for his son, Lev Chuko who is currently studying at the Great Library (4 of my men have a tag on him).
-civman2000's old best friend, Gim Pole, a known supporter of the Republic. Resides in Germany. (2 wolves sent)

Charlie list

-Mark Thunderfire (1 wolf transfered to his unit)
-Sheep's wife and father. location unkown
-Mellian's Domestic Advisor, I went to the same school with him as a child, we had a conversation about governments once, I remember his strong opinion towards the Republic. (1 wolf assigned to him)

THis list is for your eyes only and the eyes of the wolf units involved. If you feel anybody should be added to the list or moved up to Alpha let me know.
Old November 9, 2002, 22:25   #122
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 05:12
August 26th, 1400

TO Easthaven I

Darnit Easthaven! Can you tell your new so called Royal Security Service to leave me alone so I can do my job? Quite nuissance to have them question and occasionaly preventing me from wherever I need to go in the Palace and occasionally to leave it and return from the Embassies.

-Mellian
Old November 9, 2002, 22:36   #123
Easthaven I
Prince

August 26th 1400

To Mellian:

I apologize for the hightened security but at the moment it is quite necessary. If you are really bothered by the R.S.S. then I implore you to try out the luxurious tent on the front lawn of the Palace. Its quite comfy and guess what! It has your name on it!

-Lt. General Easthaven I
Old November 9, 2002, 23:09   #124
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 05:12
August 26th, 1400

TO Easthaven I

Excuse me, but your talking to the Chief of Staff, which means I am your superior! Tell R.S.S. to leave me alone or you'll be responsible for further dissarray of the Government (which you can be charged for treason for in this country of ours) and preventing me from being able to establish the Apolyton Alliance.

-Mellian

She got up from the desk in the Chief of Staff office and gave the letter to the courier person, who quickly left. She needs to leave the office so she can continue her work, but could be the last time she'll be allowed in here. Damn Easthaven! Shouldn't force her to make threats.

While storming out from the office, the door quickly opens, smashing into the wolf soldier who as been assigned to tag the Domestic Advisor, breaking his nose. Mellian continues storming down the hall, shouting at some R.S.S. guards, not knowing what happened...
Old November 9, 2002, 23:24   #125
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

Local Time: 10:12
27th of August, 1400
General Chuko looked out over the smoldering city of Vikemore. He looked at his troops, and saw that the English Reinforcements General West promsied him, had arrived. His men now numbered 100,000, and thier moralle was high, recently hearing news of Moderator civman's dissaperance. General west approched him, and said, "Our men are ready. The English fleet is off the coast ready for your order to attack. The European Union has issued declerations of war against the Apolyton Empire"
"Order your fleet to begin bombarding the coast. All of my allies have turned on me. My plan failed, but the Moderator is dead. We march on Apolyton tonight!"
"Yes Emperor. Does your cousin know of this change of events?"
"No, he does not. He is proberly returning from China. He does not even know the plan! I asked him to bring me a sample of poison for scientific study. Go tell Elizabith that her forces are safe in my hands"
Old November 9, 2002, 23:24   #126
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:12
August 27, 1400
To Cheif of Staff Mellian:
We must keep security tight around the Palace. You should be gald they are there to protect you and the Moderators. Liam Sheep and his men are still uncounted for, and you could be there next target. We will see what we can do.
Old November 9, 2002, 23:33   #127
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

A scout on a horse ran into the city gates of Apolyton. He was out of breath and was near death but was determined to get his message to General Jack_www.

"I have spoted English troops landing near the city of Vikemore sir. I could spot at least 30,000 troops and General Chuko. I barely escaped with my life."

"So he has sided with the English, good work. I will see to it that you are taken care of. The information you have gaven me might very well save Apolyton."

With that the scout died.

General Jack_www hurried to the barracks to gather the troops to stop the advancing English army. He also thought of a plan to stop the English now. He would order the troops in America to begin the planed invasion of England. This way the English too would be in the same spot Apolyton was, and would never suspect that his army would invade now in a time like this.
Old November 9, 2002, 23:34   #128
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

Letter dated 16th August 1400
This letter was intercepted by the Millitary, and placed of Jack WWW's desk

Cousin Chuko, I write to you in desperation. I have recently landed in America, only to find that you are a wanted fugitive for treason! Now I know what you ment by that remark. You are a fool to think you can get away with this, and a fool to think you will live. I will make it my duty NOT to come to your funeral. I do not know if I should return, for I fear arrest just for being related to you. From what you tell my, General Easthaven is bloodthirsty, so I will make my way to greece to further await developments

Your Cousin, Drako
Old November 9, 2002, 23:36   #129
Easthaven I
Prince

August 26th 1400

To Mellian:

Very well Mellian. I will order the R.S.S to ease up around your offices. I am only doing my job, which is to protect the Moderators' lives, I think that is more important than your convenience. And do not threaten me, I do not take kindly with being threatened with the charge of treason. Every Apolyton knows that is ludicrous. And I will ask you to stop interfering with my affairs as well as the affairs of the R.S.S.. I have told them to be a little more considerate about your presence in the Palace but I will not do anything to hinder their effectiveness in protecting the Moderators. I am sorry for causing you any trouble but we seem to be even since you've been causing me trouble. So, if you could, end the threats. We are on the same side. Lets get back to work.

-Lt. General Easthaven I
Old November 9, 2002, 23:40   #130
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

General West looked angraly at Chuko. "THE FOOLS ARE ATTACKING ENGLAND WE MUST WITHDRAW IMMDEIATLY!"

We will be at Apolyton soon, dont worry. Once Generals Easthaven and Jack www are dead, the moderators will be under my command, and I will order the troops to withdraw. Our forces outnumber the garrison 3 to 1 we will not loose"
"Whatever. Have you heard from your cousin yet?"
"No, thats strange. I would of thought I would of got a letter by now"
Old November 9, 2002, 23:42   #131
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

BTW, my armies will not start battling for 8 or so hours, as I have to go to work. Don't start the war without me!
Old November 9, 2002, 23:46   #132
Jack_www
King

OOC:
ok I will wait, the story is really getting good now.
Old November 10, 2002, 00:02   #133
Easthaven I
Prince

August

To General Jack:
The Fifth Army Corps are ready. They're crack troops, thirsty for traitor blood. If you wish I will lead them to halt their advance. The Corps numbers 11,000 men. I will contact General Golifin of the 7th Army in the region of Woakomore City. His forces number 26,000 men. He will attack enemy's southern flank while I'll drive my forces towards their eastern flank. The garrisons of the city of Womore, Lahopi, and Keikomore can unit under Colonel Feismore of Lahopi, altogether they should number at least 9,000 men and they will attack the enemy's northeastern flank. The garrison in Trikomore needs to fortify to halt Chuko's advance. The troops in the city of Komoedird which number about 4,500 men will be sent to reinforce Trikomore which already has 4,000 men. Seventh Army Corps will fortify Apolyton and the Palace while Thunderfire's men, when he arrives, will fortify Apolyton city also. the 9th Army in the Edird hills should start moving to Vegeimen City.

Approve of this plan General Jack, so that it can get into motion.

-Lt. General Easthaven I

(OOC: battle will begin when Zalz gets back.)
Old November 10, 2002, 00:06   #134
Easthaven I
Prince

OOC: who will decide the victor of the battles to come? These battles are going to be the turning points and very important.
Old November 10, 2002, 00:10   #135
Jack_www
King

To Lt. Gen. Easthaven:

FOR YOUR EYES ONLY!

Your plan sounds like a good one. I sugust we take out there supply lines as well. I will be sending a scouting party to the city of Vikemore to see how many troop General Chuko has under his command.

One thing I think we should do is set a trap for the English. We can leave Apolyton wide open and leave nothing left for the traitors to take. Once they are out in the open and not expecting attack we get them while they are caught off guard. We can also cut off their supply lines.
Old November 10, 2002, 00:17   #136
Easthaven I
Prince

TO GENERAL JACK ONLY:
Good idea. Also get some of our ships to hit the english transports on our western coast. Then have them "blockade" our western coast so that we cut off their english supply lines. Also bring most of the supplies of our western coast city more inland so that if we loss any of those cities they won't be able to use any of our own supplies.
Old November 10, 2002, 00:20   #137
Easthaven I
Prince

To General Jack:
Also, we must seperate the sisters. If one gets captured or killed we will still have a moderator in power.

Also, bring supplies from eastern cities, increase production of iron mines as well as saltpeter and begin handing out weapons to the general populace and Apolyton citizens, they will fight against the invaders. This will multiply our forces immensely. We would outnumber the invaders once we get weapons into the hands of the civilians.
Old November 10, 2002, 00:23   #138
Jack_www
King

To General Easthaven:
I think we should also move the moderators and the advisors to anther secret location were they will be safe form the advancing English army. I would also suggest having a ship near by ready to take them in exile should we fail in preventing the English from taking Apolyton and putting General Chuko in charge. We may die but we must make sure the the moderators live so that one day can take Apolyton back if we fail.

Handing out weapons to the any civilian willing to fight will be helpfull, I sugust using them for hit and run raids on the English troops. In the open battle field they would be cut down like grass, but if they make quick raids against the English, that would improve there sucess. The English are very good on the battle field and rely on formations to win, but if we can use these civilians the right way we can attack the week spot of the English army.

Last edited by Jack_www; November 10, 2002 at 00:30.
Old November 10, 2002, 00:27   #139
Easthaven I
Prince

To General Jack:
You have my utmost support. Also we must SEPARATE the two sisters. As a precautionary measure. Both will have different secret places and both will have different escape routes and will be temporary out of contact with each other.
Old November 10, 2002, 00:31   #140
Jack_www
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Easthaven I
To General Jack:
You have my utmost support. Also we must SEPARATE the two sisters. As a precautionary measure. Both will have different secret places and both will have different escape routes and will be temporary out of contact with each other.
That is a good idea, we must keep them apart for now.
Old November 10, 2002, 05:11   #141
mmtt
Warlord

Local Time: 11:12
Thunderfire troops arrived at Apolyton.

Wtih his knight regiments, he entered the city like a Roman imperator. He left as a traitor and came back as an hero in a triumph. His troops took position in the city and started to build defenses, amassing food for siege.

14.000 men (2 regiments of musketmen joined on the way) were now defending Apolyton City.

To General Jack_www
My troops are ready to fight against the English. I have decided to move in Apolyton to protect our glorious city from ruins.
I have been told that two corps are leaving to fight in Vikomore. This is stupid. The enemy is awaiting us. They will surely be encircle. We don't even know how many they are. If they have managed to land troops, that's mean the Navy didn't do his job or has been crushed.
The English and their allies would have an easy job defeating us at Vikomore. The population after last riots are heavily against Moderators power. As we can see on the map, they will surely hide in the northern forests and when our army will appear in the plains, they will start to slaughter us from the cover of the trees. This will be a massacre of fine troops.
Our army is going to be defeated like it never wasn't in History.

Although I thanks you to put me back into my former commands, we need to regroup our forces and to outnumber the enemy on our grounds. This is basic military strategy. I'm disappointed you made such a mistake which will surely cost the lives of thousand.
The last rains will have transformed the soil into mud. Our knights won't be able to charge and will possibly fall off their horses. Arming knights with musket would be very difficult as muskets need to be positioned with tripods to be able to shoot. (ooc: remember we are in 1400, we already have muskets but they shouldn't be really evolued. You need to setup them, load them and finally take aim at a massive charge of 1000 knights rushing toward you screaming. This isn't the best for weak troops like musketmen mostly peasants given muskets. They will run away. Fools they are...Longbowmen should be better because they are trained in sustaining massive charges and they are faster at shooting.)

First, we need to regroup all our loyal forces and mass them on good positions. Build cannons for defense at Apolyton.

Second, engage the enemy while it isn't ready for battle. An outflank manoeuver would be perfect. Before marching to Apolyton City, English will have to get to Goein and then Edgopwein. There are hills there. IMO it would be a perfect place for a first ambush.

Third: Retreat with burning our food reserves. Their troops won't be able to eat and will be in a bad condition in the main fights at Apolyton City gates.

Fourth: The Battle of Apolyton City
The English coming from northwest I'm nearly sure, will rush toward Apolyton in their final move toward victory. But our army will surely emerge from the last remnants of the Center Forest and totaly outflank them and push them to the Lake. They won't be able to retreat anymore. Our cannons because we would have made cannon in the mean time will bombard them until deaths while our knights attack from the West pushing them into Apolyton city line of fire.

To realize this objective, we need a target for the English. The target would be the nice sisters in Apolyton City assuring us a good move.

Fifth: Send message to our fleet to sail toward Vikomore and attack the retreating English navy, probably defeating them and giving us power over the seas.

Last edited by mmtt; November 10, 2002 at 05:16.
Old November 10, 2002, 07:28   #142
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

6th of October
Ok, I'm back. Just how are we going to wage war?

My forces consist of

English
20,000 musketmen
10,000 pikemen
20,000 curasiers (aka knights)

Chuko's forces
10,000 musketmen
30,000 knights
10,000 pikemen
500 cannon

and have left the city of Vikemore, heading for Apolyton.
I have claimed the rank of Emperor for my self.

Message to General Thunderfire

Surrender your city to me and we will make you vice moderator of the empire, and give you half the contence of the treasury.

Message to Rebel Commanders

Surrender to us now, and dont let the people suffer you will be granted your lives, and a large proportion of gold for your obediance.

Emperor Chuko I, (future) ruler of Apolyton
Old November 10, 2002, 07:31   #143
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

5 September, 1400

Giovanni Vodka was going to the university when one of his best friends, Markus Philoppopulis stopped him and told him.

"Hey Gio.. listen... did you heard about Apolyton?"

"No... what happened? speak!"

"The great moderator civman I died, they say an English ship sunk him, and now his two sisters are in power... an American merchant told us that... he said that Apolyton is now on a civil war, and they suffering from English attacks"

Giovanni Vodka stopped there, he couldn't believe what his friend just told him... civman I died... and now? who will pay for the death of his father.
He couldn't stay in Greece anymore, he wanted to go back in Apolyton, to find the truth about his father.
He wanted to meet Mellian, this famous woman his father often talked about, he wanted to know.

He ran home and meet with Giovanni Cognac, his brother was training some people on the use of the sword.

"Cognac" said Giovanni Vodka "we need to go now"

"go where?"

"to Apolyton"

"what? why should I, I'm happy here, plus, if we go there we will be killed as soon as we reach Apolyton shores"

"no... or at least I hope not, the moderator civman I died, and I want to know what happened to our father, I want to know if he really was a traitor"

"are you sure you want to know?"

"Yes"

"let's go than"

"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old November 10, 2002, 07:41   #144
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

Troop Movements
Chuko's forces have split, and have advanced on Edgopwein (7) and Komoedgo (32)

The compisition of the troops are

Edgopwen
Commander Emperor Chuko I

15,000 musketmen, 25,000 knights, 10,000 pikemen, and 250 cannons

Komoedgo
Commander General West

15, 000 musketmen, 25,000 knights, 10,000 pikemen, and 249 cannons

One cannon has been sent to England for examination

Here is the map
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	apolyton.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	28939  
Old November 10, 2002, 07:44   #145
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

6th September
If the Giovanni brothers wish, I Drako Chuko can transport them to Apolyton. I am leading a small band of men against my deranged cousin, and am returning there to help take him out. The offer stands
Old November 10, 2002, 08:46   #146
mmtt
Warlord

7th September

To traitor Zalzabad: NUTS!

Troops of Chuko has suffered losses in small skimirsh around Edgopwein.

ooc: Hoping that my suggestions were accepted. Please don't go too much forward before Jack_www and Easthaven replies. Also 500 cannons thats a lot, around 75-100(yet quite much, as much as Lee had at Gettysburg for a comparison) would be much more realistic as you are rebel without a full support from people. Also cannons shouldn't be able to cross moutains and mud (we are in september in a north continent) should really slow you down, IMHO.
Do as you like...
Old November 10, 2002, 09:09   #147
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

Yes, but Gustav Adolf had about 1,000 cannons at his disposal, for a much smaller army. You must remember that these troops have been moving since early october.

But I will take my original cannon numbers to 200

Edgopwen
Emperor Chuko, Thunderfire has flatly regected our proposal.
Very well, I want his head on a stick, and his guts served up to the pigs! yelled Chuko, angraly

What should we do to the city?

Capture it, it seems that there is no major troops based there

That fool, little did we know that we would take the most direct route to Apolyton City.

The Cannons roared, blasting the city walls to rubble, with the Curassiers charging through the holes in the walls, cutting down the soldiers that tried to withdraw.

The battle scene was carnage, but victory soon fell to Chuko's troops

1st corps, Commander- Emperor Chuko I

14,230 musketmen, 23,130 knights, 9,700 pikemen 97 cannons

This is assuming that the city garrisson is farly small. As it has not been mentioned in your dispatches, I have taken the belief that it was farly small

I will wait intill my oposition responds before ordering General Wests forces.
Old November 10, 2002, 09:32   #148
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

Here is a map of current troop positions that I know of. Red is Chuko, Blue is Jack WWW and Easthavens forces

Location of V corps, under the command of General Jack, is unknowen. my troops will rest for now, as it is your turn
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	therock3.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	28953  
Old November 10, 2002, 09:34   #149
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

September 10th, 1400
Orders to the Foreign Advisor: Try again. Offer nearly anything. I want peace with the European Alliance, and I want to secretly join it. In the ensuing world war on the Monkey we can invade America while their troops are in England. Tell these plans to the Europeans. Also see if we can get the Iroquois on our side with this as well.

"Where is Maikor??" cried Flakhei frantically.
"Who??"
"My fiancee!"
"Your what???"
Flakhei fled from the palace. 5 of the Palace Guard immediately ran out following her.
Flakhei went everywhere he had ever been, but Maikor was nowhere. THen she went to the army base.
"WHere is Maikor Falaawu?" she asked an officer.
"The spy? We executed him last night!"
Flakhei burst into tears and ran. A few of the Palace Guard had finally caught up to her.
"Give me a sword," she demanded, and they obeyed,
She then impaled herself.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old November 10, 2002, 11:18   #150
mmtt
Warlord

Suddenly coming from the hill, a group of knights armed with torches rushed toward the cannon batteries. They quickly dispatched the few servants, burn the wheels of the guns, blow the gunpowder and ran away suffering a few casualties from the musketmen.

Remnants of loyal troops in Edgopwein flee into the hill covered by the regiment of knights. They will try to sneak past the 1st corps and reach Thunderfire Army (about 750 men).

ooc: Yeah Gustav Adolph had a lot but Sweden had a lot of good iron from their mines and he greatly increased the army.
I would say you will face around 70 cannons at Apolyton City but they are fortified, trained and perfectly knows the battle plan at least the officer taught them where to shoot.