Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 05:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: 28th October 1400
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Zalzabad
To Chief of Staff Mellian

I write to you to ask if you will grant me a Monopoly on trade between the rich regions of the "aligator" contenent, and the Apolyton Empire. The opening up of these new trade routes will greatly improve the commerce of your empire, and increace standards of living for the people. As I played an intriate part in the Civil War, I beleve that the government owes me.

Sincerely, Drako Chuko
October 1400

TO Drako Chuko

How about being the Trade Advisor, where you will be responsible for all of the Apolyton's trade routes?

Chief of Staff Mellian
Old November 12, 2002, 01:28   #212
Easthaven I
Prince

Local Time: 04:12
Quote:
TO Drako Chuko: How about being the Trade Advisor, where you will be responsible for all of the Apolyton's trade routes
OOC:Is Drako Chuko an Apolyton citizen?
Old November 12, 2002, 02:01   #213
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:12
To Field Marshall Easthaven I:
If you really want to go to the front you can, as I can trust you to lead the troops. If you want to also send your Fox Riders you can. I will stay in Apolyton and run things from here. I need to rest up a bit after all that fighting in Apolyon.
Old November 12, 2002, 02:07   #214
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
OOC:Is Drako Chuko an Apolyton citizen?
OOC: does it matter? there is so many foreigners in Apolyton that having one as Trade Advisor would matter all that much. Besides, he killed the evil cousin, so he deserves citizenship and the position

October 1400

While waiting for the Moderator's response concerning having the Admin Palace in Vegeimen and renaming the city. She also informed ARM of the situation and that we may succeed in having a peaceful revolution, unless they want a complete republic instead of a constitutional monarchy. That is why she noted that they can work on that as a future project, but for now, it is the best we can have without bloodshed.

Ah! A thought just came to her mind, why not rename Vegeimen City to Mingapulco! Sends a message to the moderator with the idea.
Old November 12, 2002, 02:52   #215
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 20:12
occ: If no one objects I would like to set up the new intellegience organisation.... I could play both Liam Sheep and the new chief until either one is killed
Old November 12, 2002, 07:01   #216
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

Local Time: 10:12
Sorry, I don't know what month it is!
But I think it is November the 6th

I thank you humbly and deeply for this great honour of citizenship you have bestowed on be. I will gladly take up the rank of Trade Advisor, and the subsequent posts.

Drako Chuko
Old November 12, 2002, 07:53   #217
mmtt
Warlord

Local Time: 11:12
Proposion of War Plan
Two attacks from flanks followed by a massive offensive from American Front.

If the enemy retreats, Iroquois units would quickly move in and try to outflank retreating EU forces blocking their way back to London.

EDIT: Sorry its quite difficult to read:
Apolyton Navy 1st/2nd Fleet

Apolyton Units mainly Cavalry
Infantry Artillery

Iroquois and Minor allies.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	war plan.gif
Views:	43
Size:	321.8 KB
ID:	29120  
Old November 12, 2002, 10:58   #218
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Giovanni Vodka waked up after a three days sleep.
His shoulder had been medicated, but when he was touching it, it was still hurting him.

"Goodmorning" said Camp Doctor Polpetta

"yawn... good morning doc"

"I'll alert Field Marschall Thunderfire of you waking up, he asid he wanted to talk with you"

"ok"

After about 10 minutes Thunderfire entered the small tent in which Giovanni Vodka was staying

"oh Goodmorning, did you sleep well?"

"yes sire, very well"

"good good.... so... last day, you told me that your brother is in America right?"

"right sire, I know he is now leading a small group of exiled englishman, they want to attack England, and kill Queen Elizabeth, and many of the high government officers"

"uhmm... a good goal indeed, how are they going to achieve it?"

"Giovanni Cognac wife, with who I'm writing letters, told me that once she heard that my brother and his men were planning to hide on the mountains north of England, they knew that America is at war with England now, and they wanted to wait for the british army to pass through the mountains and kill their regiments"

"uhmm, a surprise attack, how many men can your brother count on"

"i think a little more than 200"

"That's way a too small group, they are going to be killed, they may win some battles if they stay on the mountains, where the numbers doesn't count too much, but they'll end up dead if they fight on plains"

"I don't know sire, but i know my brother is very strong, he may look a bit dumb sometimes, but he is a real expert on the art of war"

"uhmm, thanks a lot Giovanni Vodka, those informations will be very useful for the Empire of Apolyton"

and he walked away from the tent, after he went out he said to one of the guards.

"make sure he stay on the camp, I don't want him to walk around, he knows too many things, and might be dangerous to let him free to do what he wants"

"yes master" replied the guard

Saluti

OOC: It's up to you mmtt to use those infos in a useful way.
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old November 12, 2002, 12:14   #219
Mellian
Queen

November 1400

TO Field Marshall Jack

I don't think that plan will be achievable until sometime next year, as our Navy will take awhile to defeat the English navy and blockade their cities, especially their Man'O'Wars. This offensive will cost us a lot, especially in terms of ground units.

(OOC: most of the english navy is off their eastern coast or in the northern part of the Atlantic Ocean. Rest are located at Hudson Bay.)
Old November 12, 2002, 13:48   #220
Easthaven I
Prince

November 15th 1400
Proposed Plan

Operation Coastal Conquest

Here's a plan that won't need a navy but will need over 150,000 men at the least, more would be better. This plan will serioiusly wound Royal Navy capabilities. By English ports being in Apolyton's control the English ships will not be able to come back for food, water, supplies, or repairs. They will be easy prey for Apolyton Frigates. Also, the first few ships to dock at England not knowing we have control over English ports would be sabatoged by my men. Also, these ports are a major place of commerce for the English empire, their trade will also be hampered.

For the Eastern Coast Campaign(ECC) I suggest 80,000 men plus 200 cannons (at the least). The Iroqious or French(if they enter) will launch an offensive against the southern English port city at the sametime we do. They will also launch offenses from the southwest going northeast to give the English two wide fronts. Two of the crucial Iroqui (or French) objectives is the capture or destroy the saltpeter mines and Iron mines taking out two of the English's vital strategic resources.

For the Northern Coast Campaign(NCC) I suggest 90,000 men plus 250 cannons. A few musketmen/swordsmen regiments will be needed to fortify the northwestern hills. Also, on their offensive they will run into another saltpeter mine and will either destroy it or capture it and fortify it. I would prefer them take what they can use then leave it burned and buried.

20,000 men will be need for a short offensive against the English city that is at the center of the English border with America. 50 cannons should be enough support.

For these offenses a follow up of Musket Regiments will be useful in fortifying liberated cities.

Operation Through the Heart
Meanwhile, 15,000 to 20,000 of my Fox Riders (15 to 20 Regiments) will make a deep push into the enemy's heart, London. They will circle London and pillage every road, farm, and aquaduct they get their hands on. Then they will fortify the Londonian mountain until reinforcements arrive. The Londonian Mountain will be a crucial chokepoint for our forces.

Speed is the key.

Many knight regiments in both ECC and NCC will be transformed to Fox-like Regiments in order to increase speed.

Again, the more men we can scrounge up the better.

This is a plan for the first offensive into England, if you wish to use Thunderfire's plan you will have my support, although this could be put together faster since the use of Naval ships is not necessary.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	engame2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	29138  

Last edited by Easthaven I; November 12, 2002 at 14:07.
Old November 12, 2002, 14:17   #221
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

To Field Marshall Easthaven 1:
I like your plan and was thinking along the same lines, taking the English ports will cripple the English navy and their trade they conduct with other nations. The only thing I dont like is turning all of our knight units into Fox Riders. I would rather you train as many Fox Riders as you need in America and send them in to England. Once the ports are taken we need to follow up the attack with a full enagement of the English ships before they have a chance to escape to one of their allies and resuply their ships there. If this plan works we may very well be able to destroy most of the English navy.

I would also sugest sending millitary officers that are highly trained to our allies to help them in the planing and fighting the war and training their troops.
Old November 12, 2002, 14:30   #222
Easthaven I
Prince

Quote:
The only thing I dont like is turning all of our knight units into Fox Riders. I would rather you train as many Fox Riders as you need in America and send them in to England.
I'll set up training camps in America, for the upcoming offensive.

Quote:
I would also sugest sending millitary officers that are highly trained to our allies to help them in the planing and fighting the war and training their troops.
Consider it done.
Old November 12, 2002, 14:37   #223
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

November 16th, 1400
To Mellian: Vegeimen City it shall be. I approve of it being renamed to Mingapulco. I also think it might be a nice idea to rename Edkoro to Republic City.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old November 12, 2002, 16:28   #224
Jack_www
King

To the Great Moderator of Apolyton:
I have been hearing about a movement with in Apolyton that wants a new form of government called a Republic. I wanted to know if you knew anything about this and what your postion is on the matter?
Old November 12, 2002, 17:32   #225
mmtt
Warlord

To Field Marshalls:
I reckon Easthaven is better than mine but there are two major inconvenients.
-A large front with only small supply line. If the offensive must last longer it's not sure our men will have enough ammo and food to counter enemy counter-offensives. Small local counter offensive could crush our communication to America and thus Apolyton.
-Our troops will be attacked from two sides. Fast enemy cavalry units will try to break our fronts in weak points with the support of the British Navy and European Union forces.

A way could be to unite both coast fronts but it will be to a huge coast.

Also you must remember that our enemies have fortress and strongholds along American border. It will take long before they fall and our communication lines will be under threat.

British Navy will sail to different ports and if they aren't destroy they still are a threat. An amphibious attack would be devastating to our long front.

In short, to counter your plan the enemy has only to build more and more keypoints along American border using the moutains chain. Passing through it would cost us a lot of men and a lot of times. Meanwhile enemy reinforcements will come in. We also aren't sure about our allies. Will they help us if we can't break the line?

I'm vetoing this plan.
-----------------------
We need also to know enemy positions and number.
-----
We shouldn't attack now and I have also heard about a Republican group. Remember, if we win, we are powerful, if we lose we fall...
Old November 12, 2002, 17:45   #226
Jack_www
King

To Field Marshall Thunderfire:
You bring up good points. But I still want to take those ports to cripple the English navy. Or we can come up with a new plan all togather. One thing I was thinking is make the English fight a two front war so they have to split there forces in two. One force can head for the Capital, London, while the other goes for only key ports the English use and were most of there ships are, Instead of trying to take the both coasts. We then attack the English navy at the same time when we are taking there ports to prevent them from landing any troops by the sea. Anther thing is that we need to find a way to just go around their fortress in the hills in Mountains. We can always come back to them latter.
Old November 12, 2002, 18:18   #227
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

November 21st, 1400
Not wanting to have to respond to Jack's question, the Moderator pretends it got lost and she never read it or heard about it...

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old November 12, 2002, 18:31   #228
Easthaven I
Prince

To Field Marshalls:
Quote:
-A large front with only small supply line. If the offensive must last longer it's not sure our men will have enough ammo and food to counter enemy counter-offensives.
Supply lines from America I believe would be sufficient and if we gain support from France we will have another supply line. Besides that, in the NCC offensive the troops would have captured a saltpeter mine therefore giving them the needed ammo. As for food, the troops will have their original supply and ones from the supply lines, if ever they run low they must live off the land, take food from the English towns. Apolyton soldiers are a higher priority than English civilians.

Quote:
Small local counter offensive could crush our communication to America and thus Apolyton.
I'm sure we can set up a system of message riders to counter this. Besides that we will have Commanders commanding each offensive they are competent enough to not become crippled if our communications ever were cut off.

Quote:
Our troops will be attacked from two sides. Fast enemy cavalry units will try to break our fronts in weak points
We will be attacking the English from two sides not including a third front opened up by the Iroqious (or French) from the south. 3 fronts they must worry about. As for fast enemy cavalry units, they have none. Fox regiments are the first cavalry-like units ever made and I invented them as well as their tactics, I doubt the English would of had time to actually create their own from when I first created them. Even if they did more Fox Regiments are being created now, they would wipe out any English fox-like units.

Quote:
with the support of the British Navy and European Union forces.
Our Navy is just as big as the British Navy, they will have their hands full battling our ships. Besides, this offensive will cripple their navy. Their ships will have to go somewhere else to resupply giving our ships control of the sea between The Monkey and The Rock which means another supply line will open directly from Apolyton across the sea.

Quote:
Also you must remember that our enemies have fortress and strongholds along American border. It will take long before they fall and our communication lines will be under threat.
You have a valid point. Although, the NCC won't be effected by this since there are no mountians in English territory in the north part of the border. Another offensive will be devised for handling the enemy in this regard. The only ones that will be directly effected is the ECC. And once the ECC gets past them and their offensive is under way then the enemy in the mountains will have no supply lines and will be surrounded by Allied forces, they will starve and run out of ammo if they're musketmen.

You have valid points that should be considered but I believe all could be countered.

Also, this plan will achieve many objectives:
1)we cripple their Navy forcing their ships to leave and lose control of the sea between The Rock and The Monkey. Making our Navy the most powerful.
2) We capture or destroy 4 of their vital strategic resources cutting off their supplies of horses, two saltpeter mines, and one iron mine.
3) gain territory into England and getting closer to their capital.
====

Quote:
We need also to know enemy positions and number.
I agree. I don't want to make them up because I would be a little biased. Maybe Mellian can help us out here .

Quote:
We shouldn't attack now and I have also heard about a Republican group. Remember, if we win, we are powerful, if we lose we fall...
You have a point.

=====
Supply lines map
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	englishfrontsupplylines.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	29167  
Old November 12, 2002, 18:32   #229
Mellian
Queen

TO the Military Commanders

I agree with Thunderfire and doubt we'll be able to take several English cities in one fell swoop. By now, knowing that war was coming and after being officially at war for 2-3 months now, I think the English and their European Union allies had enough time to reinforce the coasts and the english-american border. Remember, no plan survives contact with the enemy.

How do you plan to have Iroquois units to France without the English Navy knowing? Better to allow them to help fight through the English border like they are doing now along with our forces and the just as large force of american units (Knights and Musket Infantry).

The Aztec and Zulus are slowly moving units into France via the French-Aztec border. They won't be ready for an offensive until early next year. France rather not go to war with their "allies", but won't help them against us either.
Old November 12, 2002, 18:42   #230
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
November 16th, 1400
To Mellian: Vegeimen City it shall be. I approve of it being renamed to Mingapulco. I also think it might be a nice idea to rename Edkoro to Republic City.
November 1400

TO the Moderator

Thank you moderator and I agree about renaming Edkoro, especially that it is where we'll sign the constitution for the new Republic-Monarchy.

I'll begin plans for Vegeimen City to prepare for the construction of the new Admin Palace and the Senate. Will also start writing up a draft of the constitution with some of the Advisors (ones she can trust).
Old November 12, 2002, 18:53   #231
Easthaven I
Prince

The plan is a major offensive blitz with major goals, if you want it shrunk down to goals for the near future then heres a plan that calls for slower more cautious approach. The old divide and conquer. Encircling each city individually to cut off any chances for reinforcements and supplies.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	englishfrontsmalleroffense.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	29171  
Old November 12, 2002, 18:58   #232
civman2000
Emperor

November 22nd, 1400
The Moderator has called for a National Philosophy Convention in Edkoro. SHe has assured all philosophers that they will be free to express any of their ideas that do not directly call for a violent overthrow of the Moderator without interference at the Convention.
To Mellian: Let's use this convention to get ideas for the Republic.

Old November 12, 2002, 19:56   #233
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

Local Time: 10:12
22nd of November 1400
Field Marshals,

I may only be the trade advisor, but I sutdied tha art of war under the great Sun Tzu. I beleve that you should hold off invasion of england so close behind a civil war. The troops need rest and retraining, and since England is expecting us to attack, we should not give them what they expect, and play a ruse against them. There forces, seeing that we are no threat since we are not attacking, will demobalize to a much less state of readyness. Our forces will then be able to blitz them and sieze many of thier citys, with little casulties

Drako Chuko, Trade Advisor

BTW, I do not think that this should be a whitewash victory, there has to be some defeats. When have you ever conducted total war against your technilogicly equal opponent without taking some casulties in Civ 3?
Old November 12, 2002, 20:12   #234
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
November 22nd, 1400
The Moderator has called for a National Philosophy Convention in Edkoro. SHe has assured all philosophers that they will be free to express any of their ideas that do not directly call for a violent overthrow of the Moderator without interference at the Convention.
To Mellian: Let's use this convention to get ideas for the Republic.
TO Moderator

Yes, that is a good idea *sounds surprised*, would give the people an opportunity to make a difference. I'll get the Domestic Advisor to organize it, and have it in December and have it last until January or February. That should be enough time for the citizens to figure out the Republic should work, and what to put in the constitution.

OOC: Jack as already ordered the Apolyton forces there to attack during the Civil War, with the help of the Americans who declared war on england when they did. Iroquois later joined to help them. They should be able to cross the border and bypass or captured or destroyed the english fortifications. They would be close at sieging the frontier cities by now.

only reason they didn't capture anything by now is because of the lack of strong leadership, trouble to penetrate the English fortifications and then encountering EU reinforcements just before reaching the three cities.

Last edited by Mellian; November 12, 2002 at 20:21.
Old November 12, 2002, 20:53   #235
Jack_www
King

To All Advisors:
I know many of you may mean well in giving advice to the millitary, but we are more then cappible of planing this war. From now on all war plans will be held in secret and only the Field Marshalls and the Moderator will be able to see them. If too many people know, the plans can be leaked by spies.
Old November 12, 2002, 20:56   #236
Jack_www
King

To Trade Advisor:
It is too late for that, our troops have already begun to advance into English terriotory and have been fighting the forts of the English along the English and American border. Please do not disscuss our plans anymore in the open, we must be carefull of spies running around Apolyton.
Old November 12, 2002, 21:00   #237
Jack_www
King

To Field Marshal Thunderfire and Easthaven I(Secret):
We must keep these plans to our selfs and be carefull. I still like Easthaven's plan still, even with the drawbacks you pointed out. We can modify it and have it work even better. We should wait untill all our allies are ready to attack. Then we can make the English fight a three front war. This will allow Easthaven to execute his plan with out the drawbacks you point out.
Old November 12, 2002, 21:07   #238
civman2000
Emperor

The Moderator agrees that war plans should be secret and be only known by the military, the Moderator, and teh Chief of Staff.

Old November 12, 2002, 21:24   #239
Easthaven I
Prince

November 25th 1400
To Field Marshalls Thunderfire and Jack(secret):
I agree with modifying my old plan. Also, when are we going to schedule the offensive to begin? I would recommend that Operation Coastal Conquest (you can change it if you want, i just named it that for now) commence by the end of April 1401 after the winter season. Plenty of time to train our troops and to rest them as well. As for our forces currently fighting on the English front I would recommend they fortify their positions and regroup. I will also send some of my officers to our allies to train their men more efficiently and also create some Fox Regiments.

Our navy needs to gain control of the seas and make safe an area of passage where we can send troops to America. The Navy is a very critical component in this war.

-Field Marshall Easthaven
Old November 12, 2002, 21:27   #240
Easthaven I
Prince

Quote:
BTW, I do not think that this should be a whitewash victory, there has to be some defeats. When have you ever conducted total war against your technilogicly equal opponent without taking some casulties in Civ 3?
Of course, I agree. It's got to be realistic. But that doesn't mean we have to face a major defeat either.