Old November 1, 2002, 11:45   #1
shank
Settler

Local Time: 10:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Don't be a sucker.
I can't believe what I am reading on this board. First of all, I am actually amazed that Firaxis released such a crappy piece of software to the market. Even more amazing, is that most of the people on this board seem to be willing to pay for it and ask for more.

Aren't ANY of you upset that you have paid betwen $80-$100 for a game that shipped incomplete TWICE and you had to wait a year to get to this point? When Civ III launched on 10/30/2001, it was actually a step down from the previous Civ game, which HAD multiplayer. They work for a YEAR on an expansion and this is what they end up with?

Meanwhile, a comparable release like Heroes of Might and Magic IV releases a free patch six months after release to add multiplayer ( http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...880149,00.html ). It's free and brings the game up to the level of features you expect in a 2002 release.

I was a huge fan of the Civilization series. I played countless hours of Civ & Civ II. However, I won't be buying anymore titles in this series. And I certainly won't applaud a developer that charges twice the market average and delivers only half the quality.

$80 for a game that doesn't work? You guys are suckers.
Old November 1, 2002, 11:48   #2
cgannon64
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Please, shut up. You aren't saying anything important, you are just repeating everything that everyone else has said. Go return your PTW and be quiet while we, in two months, have ball playing the patched MP. God, trolls are annoying.

CG

Mystery Science Theatre 3000 Forever!