Old November 2, 2002, 13:18   #1
SK138
Warlord

Local Time: 05:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Auto Bombard?
I have tons of cannons bombarding Persia. I set them to auto bombard but it never works right, I have to redo it every turn, anyone know whats wrong?
Old November 2, 2002, 13:37   #2
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:16
Well, on page 14 of the manual, it states: You must turn on Advanced Unit Action buttons in the Preferences screen if you want the commands to be displayed on screen. Automated bombardment, bombing, and precision bombing continue until you stop the attack.

I'm not really to sure what Firaxis means by "...bombing continues until you stop the attack" - I guess if you click on your cannons, this is "stopping the attack." Have you tried setting them to auto bombard and then don't touch them for a few turns to see what happends? I believe the autobombard occurs not on your turn per se, but at the beginning or end of the movement phase...but then I haven't advanced far enough to build cannons to test this myself yet.
Old November 2, 2002, 13:41   #3
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 04:16
It occurs in my games. I use the Advanced Buttons myself and have unit animations on. I see the attacks, usually in the middle of my turn.
Old November 2, 2002, 13:45   #4
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:16
Well that answers that. Thanks Kring.
Old November 2, 2002, 20:00   #5
SK138
Warlord

Local Time: 05:16
When it is my turn, the game goes through all my units so I can move them, cannons too, even though they are on auto bombard. Is it because I am bombarding a city and not just an terrain improvement maybe?