Old November 2, 2002, 19:06   #1
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 11:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Cant vote on polls
I keep getting a forum message telling me that my session is not valid everytime I try to vote on a poll.
It does say click here to try this action again but it just comes up the same.

I was voting with no problems a couple of weeks ago so has anybody else got a similar problem or can any one tell me what I need to do about it.

Anyhelp would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old November 2, 2002, 20:33   #2
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 21:17
Maybe the problem is load-related. Try it again when the server isn't as busy, and see if that helps.
You never know...
Old November 3, 2002, 20:08   #3
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

I tried earlier today when there was only about 100 people on the site and it still comes up with the same message, but thanks for your response.
Could someone please help!!
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old November 4, 2002, 10:04   #4
Paul Hanson
King

This happens to me, but only when I post from uni. When I post from home, I can vote on polls without any problems.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.
Old March 9, 2003, 17:43   #5
lucky22
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

Local Time: 10:17
I am an AOL user (sorry about that, I'll evolve eventually), and I was running into the same problem. There is a thread concerning this problem over at vBulletin's forums. AOL's default browser uses a proxy sever which messes with vBulletin somewhat. the answer given was to open your regular browser rather than use the AOL browser. When I opened up IE 5.5 while still signed on to AOL, I could vote in polls. The problem may extend to other ISP-provided browser/content integrated formats, I don't know and I didn't follow up that far. Here's the link- http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...s&pagenumber=3
Old March 9, 2003, 22:26   #6
tniem
King

Local Time: 05:17
ChrisiusMaximus,

What's your computers specs and your browser of choice? Just so we have some idea of how to recreate the problem to come up with a solution.
Old March 10, 2003, 01:28   #7
Jeremy Buloch
Prince

Local Time: 02:17
Yes we need to go into debugging mode.

BTW I dont paticularly like AOL either.

Also is it a cookie problem? Maybe you have cookies turned off, see if you can set it to on. Also tell us the specs so that we can go into "Debugging mode".
-J.B.-