Old November 6, 2002, 14:54   #31
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 12:20
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
Yes, that's a known bug of the Apolyton Pack, we're trying to find the cause but it's quite a stubborn bug, that one. Fortunately, it only happens with yours initial settler units, once you've founded 2 cities the problem is gone for good. Araby mentioned a few days ago that you can avoid the problem by disabling 'auto-select next unit' in Advanced Options, at least in the first few turns of your game.
Just reload slic and you have another unit with its own head.

-Martin
Old November 6, 2002, 15:04   #32
centrifuge
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 03:20
Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus

When you say 'WW2 Mod' do you mean the Activision WW2 scenario or Dale's WAW mod? If it's the scenario, it's probably because the auto-installer of Activision isn't (entirely?) compatible with Win2k/WinXP, I can't properly install it myself either (I get a german version ).
Locutus, when I was getting the German version, it was a result of the auto-installer of the patch not being able to find the CTP2 folder, because it was not in the default directory. The Problem was solved with the WW2 scenario(ie. I now have an English version) as soon as I put all the files back to the default directory. BTW I'm using WinXP

If this isn't the solution, then my only other guess involves a German conspiracy, but it's a little far fetched
Old November 6, 2002, 15:57   #33
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 11:20
I got that thing with the german version installing once too, i cant remember why it did that though, it couldve been the installer.

Quote:
I think Maq's working on a manual installer though...
Yep he is. Theyre all ready to go in ZIP format i just need to upload somewhere, my webspace is full. Each (4) language version checks in at around 10Mb. I cant remember if theres an option to install in French but i couldnt find a French folder for either of the scenarios. (scen0000/scen0001)
Old November 6, 2002, 17:10   #34
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:20
Quote:
Theyre all ready to go in ZIP format i just need to upload somewhere, my webspace is full.
Excellent

ftp.250free.com (or www.250free.com, if you prefer). Username: ctpmodmakers, password: bl00drun

Should be common knowledge by now
Old November 6, 2002, 17:56   #35
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 11:20
Ah ok, well i wasnt sure Ill upload them later tonight, probably all at once. Hope my line can cope.