Old November 3, 2002, 23:57   #1
ahenobarb
Prince

Local Time: 10:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
What is wrong with Ruins/Huts
What is so fragile about the code for ruins or huts? In cradle, it is well known a slow down is caused when you or the AI enters one, some processing seems to get hung for a while.

But what I would like to know is why?

I'm working on a mod currently (don't get excited, it will take a very long time to get it together), but everytime one of the palyers enters a hut the game crashes. Nothing I am doing currently affects the ruins, I have added a single unit to the DB to test though. Are the ruins confused when looking to see if a unit is created?

What's going on?

I just went ahead and disabled the ruins for the time being, but it would be better, if I knew what was causing the problem. Does anyone know?

Cheers!
Old November 4, 2002, 06:15   #2
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 11:21
It is another stupid internal error which is in the ctp2.exe AFAIK
The reason it is not so bad in the original game is that there are not as many units and advances as in Cradle therefore it is quicker (although there is still a pause)

Unless the source code is aquired then im sure this could be fixed (not by me ).

If you dont wont this problem disable units and advances from goody huts (shame but this is currently the only way)
http://www.tiberiumsun.com
Old November 4, 2002, 09:07   #3
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:21
Well, one could probably come up with some hacky solution in SLIC, but that would take some time and I haven't gotten around to it yet.

As far as crashes due to goodyhuts go, that usually indicates some sort of problem with one of the text files. Doublecheck your settings for Cont.txt and Units.txt and espcially any custom SLIC-code you may have, those are likely to cause it. If all else fails, feel free to post (or mail me) your mod (or what is to be your mod) and we can have a look at it.