Old November 5, 2002, 00:20   #1
mullenstephen
Settler

Local Time: 10:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
diplomacy in pbem
if this has been discussed in a different thread, ignore this. otherwise... there doesn't seem to be an option to tell your human opponent to get out of your territory. we've sort of alleviated this by just telling each other through emails or im, but it still affects who declares war on whom. it's also a bummer that you can't demand things from your submissive opponent.

is this just something they left out, or am i just an idiot and don't know what the hell i'm doing?
Old November 5, 2002, 01:29   #2
Wise Ass
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Team BananaC4BtSDG Team Banana
Prince

Local Time: 05:24
I haven't tried PBEM but I hear Hotseat has the same diplomacy and it does not have that option nor the ability to make demands.
Old November 5, 2002, 14:34   #3
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 11:24
Does the computer take over diplomacy for the human player when its not their turn still, as in civ2?

Or does the human get to do their own negotiations as in CtP1 now? I hope so.
Old November 5, 2002, 17:06   #4
Wise Ass
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Team BananaC4BtSDG Team Banana
Prince

Local Time: 05:24
It is more like CTP. If you initiate Diplomacy you will put your offer on the table and hit send. Your opponent will recieve it and be able to add anything or not. They will then hit either accept or send. either way it will got back to you for final approval. The diplomacy takes several turns. The way it was done in CTP was better but the diplomacy system wasn't as complex, I still think it could have been done the same.