Old November 5, 2002, 22:39   #61
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 07:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The republicans in my opinion will definitely hold and even strengthen the House holdings and take over the Senate. Even if the democrats make gains in the governor races... this is still an unprecendented victory for the republican party!

Now I cannot dance yet... gotta wait for that...
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old November 5, 2002, 22:42   #62
DanS
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Deity

Local Time: 06:26
If the GOP picks up the Senate, this would have to be considered a huge win for Bush, irregardless of what happened in the statehouses.
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old November 5, 2002, 22:43   #63
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Report from the Trenches:
Well I stood out in the cold, the wind and the rain for few hours passing out Spear Lancaster stuff. The Democrats were really nice, one guy who had been out there since 6 AM offered me an umbrella, and then he bought cupcakes for all the electioneers of all three parties.

Then a democrat guy came and brought coffee for all the democrats. Me and the two republicans were standing there in the rain, then one of the democrats pointed to me and urged me over. The coffee guy said he really liked libertarians, liked that we have principles, so he gave me coffee too. None for the republicans though

I hung out with Connie Morella's daughter who was working the poll for her mom. Nice lady.

One of the democrat fellas said he voted for Spear Lancaster the Libertarian governor candidate.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old November 5, 2002, 22:47   #64
DanS
Deity

AP calls NC for Dole. I wasn't particularly enthused about this race.
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old November 5, 2002, 23:04   #65
Bosh
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 19:26
hmmmmm, why are there four republicans and two democrats on the Louisiana senate results??
Old November 5, 2002, 23:05   #66
Giancarlo
King

I think I can explain... they have primaries on December 8th or something between the candidates there... now can the US call France and give back their Louisania?
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old November 5, 2002, 23:05   #67
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 04:26
Weird election system in Louisiana. Apparently, the two parties down there ditched primaries, but you still need a simple majority to win a seat, otherwise it goes to a runoff sometime later.

At least that's how I think it works, IIRC.
Old November 5, 2002, 23:09   #68
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
I think I can explain... they have primaries on December 8th or something between the candidates there... now can the US call France and give back their Louisania?
While we're at it, call up Spain and give 'em back Florida. More trouble than it's worth to keep. We'd overinflate Florida's (and Louisiana's) value and hope they'd pay us something damn huge, then wait for hurricanes to wipe 'em out.

Or just park a tank right inside Louisiana's borders when we turn it over and wait for France to surrender.
Old November 5, 2002, 23:12   #69
Giancarlo
King

France will probably send its foreign legion, entirely made up of foreigners... The French navy will probably get lost and land in Australia...

Spain will decline your offer.. hehehehe... Jeb Bush is there getting re-elected.
Old November 5, 2002, 23:25   #70
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DanS
If the GOP picks up the Senate, this would have to be considered a huge win for Bush, irregardless of what happened in the statehouses.
urge to kill... rising...
Old November 5, 2002, 23:31   #71
Swissy
Civilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMRise of Nations MultiplayerIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerBtS Tri-League

Local Time: 05:26
Quote:
Originally posted by Boshko
hmmmmm, why are there four republicans and two democrats on the Louisiana senate results??
Louisiana does not have a primary election system. They have open elections, you get 50% +1 of the total vote you win. If not the top two have a run-off election in December.
Old November 5, 2002, 23:35   #72
Kull
lifer
King

Local Time: 03:26
All hype aside, one trend is quite clear. The brief era of the "New Democrats" in the South - although it's not finished - is clearly coming to an end.
Old November 5, 2002, 23:44   #73
DanS
Deity

Guynemer: Eh?
Old November 5, 2002, 23:45   #74
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

It's time to warm up the

just in case we get to

on Tom Daschle's grave!

Holy Cow we just won in Texas!

All

the Bush

Yee haw!

Old November 5, 2002, 23:47   #75
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 10:26
Ch....Republicans are tied in the senate currently.

Things are not looking good
Old November 5, 2002, 23:49   #76
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DanS
Guynemer: Eh?
"Irregardless" is NOT a word, my otherwise extremely-educated friend. It drives me absolutely batty when people use "irregardless". It is "regardless", or "irrespective", but absolutely not "irregardless".
Old November 5, 2002, 23:50   #77
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by Guynemer

"Irregardless" is NOT a word, my otherwise extremely-educated friend. It drives me absolutely batty when people use "irregardless". It is "regardless", or "irrespective", but absolutely not "irregardless".
Check Dictionary.com. Or click here.
Old November 5, 2002, 23:51   #78
monkspider
Civilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
King

Oh well, the Democrats were just spineless cowards. Although the fact that even the symbolic figurehead of opposition of Bush expansionism is now removed, it paints a rather grave portrait for the future. I pray that God will deliver us somehow from the cruel fury of the Republicans.
Old November 5, 2002, 23:51   #79
DanS
Deity

Sounds like your problem, dude. Think I'm writing an essay?

Main Entry: ir·re·gard·less
Pronunciation: "ir-i-'gärd-l&s
Function: adverb
Etymology: probably blend of irrespective and regardless
Date: circa 1912
nonstandard : REGARDLESS
usage Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose.
Old November 5, 2002, 23:53   #80
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by monkspider
Oh well, the Democrats were just spineless cowards. Although the fact that even the symbolic figurehead of opposition of Bush expansionism is now removed, it paints a rather grave portrait for the future. I pray that God will deliver us somehow from the cruel fury of the Republicans.

Who was the "symbolic figurehead" you refer to?
Old November 5, 2002, 23:54   #81
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

I must say that having a GOP controlled US does not seem good to me (I like it split)

Jon Miller
Old November 5, 2002, 23:58   #82
monkspider
King

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnT

Who was the "symbolic figurehead" you refer to?
The Democratically-controlled senate.
Old November 5, 2002, 23:58   #83
DanS
Deity

Ehrlich (R) a huge win in MD. 53-47 with 93% counted.
Old November 5, 2002, 23:58   #84
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Miller
I must say that having a GOP controlled US does not seem good to me (I like it split)

Jon Miller
Bah.
Old November 6, 2002, 00:02   #85
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Main Entry: dem·o·cratic party
Pronunciation: "luuuu seeeerrrrrsss"
Function: none to be found
Etymology: probably blend of Ted Kennedy and Barbar
Date: circa 2002 mid term elections
usage: democratic party originated in dialectal American speech in the late 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as the 1960s. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no longer such a party." There is such a party, however; running last in many elections. It is still referred to, primarily in the slurred speech of druggies, although it can be found from time to time in liberal prose.
Old November 6, 2002, 00:03   #86
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmytrick
usage: democratic party originated in dialectal American speech in the late 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as the 1960s. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no longer such a party." There is such a party, however; running last in many elections. It is still referred to, primarily in the slurred speech of druggies, although it can be found from time to time in liberal prose.
CURRENT SENATE RACE:

DEMOCRATS: 45
REPUBLICANS: 44

Currently, democrats lead by one (1) point.
Old November 6, 2002, 00:05   #87
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Old November 6, 2002, 00:07   #88
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

That would be one seat. There are no points in politics, just money and uh, money.
Old November 6, 2002, 00:07   #89
monkspider
King

wow, where did you hear this Tass? Last I heard on the news, the repubs were way ahead.
Old November 6, 2002, 00:08   #90
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmytrick
woohoo

they are replaced of course, by the communists

Jon Miller