Old November 9, 2002, 11:39   #31
Nightingale
Settler

Local Time: 11:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Moo!
Guess no one knows anything about the European release date, or if there will be a world wide release on the same date?

It's okay, I've been waiting for quite awhile can wait some more if it means less bugs.

It certainly does seem like they have been given enough time to sort everything out, the whole Civ III debacle has left me a bit... nervous about anything published by Infogrames.

Anyway, all the people I know (and myself, of course), are very excited about the game, and can't wait to get it! *crosses fingers for expansion pack*
Old November 12, 2002, 20:46   #32
Master-Mike
Warlord

Local Time: 20:34
Release date in Australia is set for 6th of December if the 26th deadline is meet in the US. Thats from EB and they normaly get the game straight away.
Master-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2002, 23:57   #33
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 10:34
So... what has replaced influence points?
...Or do I need to read further?

Quote:
Star general, do not see that mentioned too often.
Don't you remember it... a SSI offering, during the age of Fantasy General and the massive overload of Warhammer games ---> Somehow, I prefered Sierra's Space Bucks game to Star General... I hope that MOO III is closer in scope to Space Bucks than Star General!

...I'm still looking forward to this game
Actually, this game is the one reason I upgraded my computer!
Old November 13, 2002, 03:54   #34
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 06:34
I remember it and have it installed on my XP system right now.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2002, 23:01   #35
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

...I'm surprised it runs on XP- so many good games don't- Command and Conquer for example...
Old November 13, 2002, 23:06   #36
vmxa1
Deity

I no longer have C&C prior to Red Alert2, but I have many old games working fine on XP. MoM, Moo, Ascendancy, Alien Legacy, Pax Imperium 2. The windows version (gold) should work.
Old November 13, 2002, 23:08   #37
Master-Mike
Warlord

My local Computer store just rang me half hour ago and confirmed that MOO3 will be relased here in Austrelia on the 29th of November. I asked if that was from the Australian publisher and not the US and they said yes. Thats when it will be distrubted in Australia. Not bad only 3 days after the US, which is normal for games here in Australia.
Old November 13, 2002, 23:40   #38
Master-Mike
Warlord

I just went and pre-ordered my copy of MOO3, and the store told me they spoke to there supplier this morning personaly. He told him he would have it in stock befor the 29th so as he could sell it on the 29th, which is the confirmed release date, according to the supplier. He also told him he believed he could not sell it befor the 29th because it was a world wide release date. Which means being in Australia, Melbourne we will be some of the first to play it as where nearly one day ahead of the US and Half a day in front of Europe, only those devils in New Zeland beat us. Anyway I guess this all depends on them going GOLD very soon, like friday th 15th all at the very latest monday the 18th.
Old November 14, 2002, 04:22   #39
vmxa1
Deity

Cool. I do not know exactly how much lead time Infogrames needs as it varies from one publisher to another, but I would think 10 days would be the least number and 14 days the norm.
Old November 14, 2002, 08:45   #40
yndy
Settler

Local Time: 12:34
Yesterday I checked one of the few Romanian sites and was amazed to see: "available now, shipment in three days". I mean, watch the relevant sites every day and all of them are wrong?
Sent a mail to complain about misleading the potential customers, especially as in the latest sold list it was the second latest.
Checked in person at the store and they said "it must be a mistake, the preliminary date in mid December".
The price they quoted was also cool $30. I think that was a mistake too.
yndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2002, 17:03   #41
Master-Mike
Warlord

Stores will tell you anything you need them to check with the suppliers of Moo3 for your country while your there then you will get an accurate answer. Thats how i got mine, and for many other games and there normaly accurrate to with-in a few days.
Old November 18, 2002, 06:38   #42
The Rusty Gamer
Prince

Local Time: 22:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Master-Mike
Release date in Australia is set for 6th of December if the 26th deadline is meet in the US. Thats from EB and they normaly get the game straight away.
The New Zealand date is set for 29/11/02 according to at least 3 sources but since the Australian date seems to be more reliable I think 6/12 seems more likely however it's possible they may be doing a world-wide release. We can but hope. But check out this coming soon column.
Old November 18, 2002, 18:21   #43
Bane99
Settler

Seems like it will slip to December now.
Bane99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2002, 19:05   #44
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 05:34
well its not looking good
H Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2002, 19:32   #45
Bane99
Settler

I just hope it doesn't slip to 2003.
Bane99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2002, 20:40   #46
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 05:34
if it does that, sales will drop like a rock, there won't be enough units sold to cover cost, and infogrames may with hold new projects from QS, and that would be B.A.D. QS is still claiming a November 26th release btw
H Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2002, 20:57   #47
The Rusty Gamer
Prince

Local Time: 22:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Master-Mike
What's the link to EB Australia? I tried using a search engine but couldn't find it.
Old November 18, 2002, 21:03   #48
Admiral PJ
PtWDG Lux Invicta
Prince

At least they should have had the time to fix most of the serious bugs, so when its released there shouldn't be a big patch needed.
Publishers can be too pushy, but with big games its best to spend time for the project.. maybe it comes down to how much they're prepared to pay developers, maybe they can work out a pay deal where development time can be extended for delays.
Admiral PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2002, 22:59   #49
Master-Mike
Warlord

Well 7 days to go untill release, yea right. Ive heard all this before. Ive been watching this site very closely, waiting for that GOLD annoucement, and i considered yesterday the last day for them to go GOLD to release by the 26th. Unless there delaying a GOLD on purpose for some marketing strategy i must say that i belive the Moo3 will now be delayed untill early december if not later now. We should all find out within the next week one way or the othere. I still have a little faith for a 26th or very late november release but not much.
Old November 18, 2002, 23:57   #50
wervdon
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 04:34
It very well could be that they are holding off announcing the gold status until they've got far enough with the CD production process that they are 100% sure they will meet whatever ship date they give in the gold press release.

The fact that the few posts from Rantz in the last few days says they are still working hard doesn't necessarily contradict that theory either since they very well could be working on a patch to fix known issues in the gold master.

Course its just a theory, we'll know in a few days anyways.
wervdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2002, 00:39   #51
fatjoe79
Settler

I still think it will release on the 26th....

why? Because it says on the official site, plain as day, "the official release date for Master of Orion III is November 26th, 2002"

Now it's 8 days before the 26th, if they haven't announced a delay yet, I doubt they will....

And I really believe they are gold now, I just think that Infogrames will wait for the official press release until the end of this week to announce gold. That's what happened with Civ 3. I also expect a patch either on release day or shortly there after
fatjoe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2002, 01:01   #52
vmxa1
Deity

fatjoe79 thanks for try to make me think we still have hope, but it looks bleak. After this week it will be rough. Three huge holidays in less than six weeks, mean many places will not be very productive. I find it hard to accept it went gold and no one heard about it.
Old November 19, 2002, 01:08   #53
fatjoe79
Settler

What do you mean nobody heard about it?

There were posts a week ago on the official forums that people heard the game was gold....those posts mysteriously vanished.

If they have a certain marketing strategy concerning the gold announcement, IG will make sure everyone is tight lipped under threat of dismissal. THIS HAPPENED WITH CIV 3....also an IG published game....the game was announced as gold only a couple days before it was in stores.
fatjoe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2002, 02:58   #54
Master-Mike
Warlord

Yes, but Civ III was'nt postponed and redisigned nearly a year ago. I hope you are right and they are doing the same strategy as Civ III Gold status, but it makes sense to let it go GOLD two weeks befor you ship so it gives time for marketing and advertising so upon release you get a large turnover. they would only delay the game this late if there were some bugs they still need to sort out. They might have gone GOLD but then discovered a major bug and decided they needed a patch ready as it shipped so as to not affect there sales and reputation. If the game still has some last minute bugs then yes i would prefer they fix them befor shipping and if that means another week or two then so be it. But i do hope it ships on time, this time around.
Old November 19, 2002, 03:51   #55
Gooberman32
Warlord

Local Time: 18:34
So what you guys are saying is that they are going to do a CivIII on us and announce it Gold days before release, and QS is being held under the IG gestapo on pain of firing if they(QS) announce gold instead of IG.
Old November 19, 2002, 04:16   #56
Master-Mike
Warlord

Well its is very odd that Rantz who has been around here alot doing updates is suddenly gone a few weeks prior to launch. And dont say its because hes to busy, it dosnt take long to type a few words on the computer to let us know whats going on. He has been silenced by the powers to be.
Old November 19, 2002, 04:22   #57
vmxa1
Deity

IIRC many sites like Avault and GoneGone had said Civ3 was gold. Many web site are usually able to get the word out on gold cuts as they occur. Now it could be that it is going down as you say and I hope so, but I will not hold my breath. The one thing I did see that was good is Prima has Moo3 strat guide listed as availabe 11/3/02, but if so why is not in stores? I have seen guides in stores before the game in the past.
Old November 19, 2002, 06:25   #58
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 11:34
QS were secretly being staffed by Antarrans. Unfortunately at a critical moment, just before their plans for world domination were complete, they all mysteriously vanished. We are now awaiting contact from the New Orions, believed to still be in existance somewhere, for further information.....
Old November 19, 2002, 07:29   #59
Smiffus
Settler

Local Time: 12:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Grumbold
QS were secretly being staffed by Antarrans. Unfortunately at a critical moment, just before their plans for world domination were complete, they all mysteriously vanished. We are now awaiting contact from the New Orions, believed to still be in existance somewhere, for further information.....
Heh, how's that for a conspiracy theory...
Next thing we'll be blaming IG for global warming and the disappearance of the ozon layer.
Smiffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2002, 09:42   #60
wervdon
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 04:34
Quote:
Well its is very odd that Rantz who has been around here alot doing updates is suddenly gone a few weeks prior to launch. And dont say its because hes to busy, it dosnt take long to type a few words on the computer to let us know whats going on. He has been silenced by the powers to be.
I actually saw 2 or 3 posts by him on the official boards yesterday, he didnt say a thing about gold status, but almost everyone had a teaser type line such as these:

This one is from the thread labelled: 'nother update on the official site
Rantz

quote:Originally posted by Spikey
Infogrames is not making any committments as to when Master of Orion II fans can expect the game to be released in that country, Or in any country, for that matter....

master of orion II fans should be able to buy the game at many retailers.

master of orion III fans however will have to wait a few days.

This one from: Today could be the day

Rantz

quote:Originally posted by Ashbery76
Face it guys the silence from QS gives you a hint that not all's
well i expect a month delay of the game but..........

but you're wrong

we're very busy, surfacing soon.

I saw at least one more by him that was reassuring but didn't expressely say "Its gone gold, relax it'll be out when we said." So Id say he isn't allowed to say for some reason (that or he really likes to tease), and if its going to be delayed at all it wont be by much.
wervdon is offline   Reply With Quote