Old November 7, 2002, 17:37   #1
Ksim3000
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The journey to Alpha Centuari
Well, me and Firebird have decided to do this story about the journey to Alpha Centuari from Civ3. However, it won't be like the original Alpha Centuari story, it will be different. Also, sorry I didn't do my other story, A Soldiers Tale. Just not had the time but I do now.
Old November 7, 2002, 18:11   #2
Ksim3000
Chieftain

Prologue:

The year is 2150. After the colonization of Alpha Centuari, Mankind travelled further in outerspace, colonizing new planets, counquering races who felt they were beneath them. Yes, Mankind became greedy when they reached the stars, especially the incident at Alpha Centauri in 2027. Humans were still being run by their countries like Russia, America, France etc.... Even when they took planets for themselves, they still fought eachother as they always had done. Space Stations were built just incase planets were destroyed or to generally sell apartments if one wanted to live in Space. On one Space Station, a young boy named Johnny Harper is about to look into the history of Man's expansion in Space.

Mom, I wanna go out and play! says young Johnny. Not until you do you homework! Shouts his Mother. Ahhhh......stupid homework! Don't know why I have to do it Johnny says getting his folder. Checking through it, he reads what he has to do. The usaul, Maths, English, Science, History etc.... He looks at History first, seeing what needs to be done. Hmmm....look up Project Destination, Earth 2020. Johnny walks over to the computer. Computer, find information about Project Destination, Earth 2020 Johnny orders the computer. Searching Project Centuari, Earth 2020 replies the computer. Johnny is just about to walk out and get a drink when the computer announces that it's finished searching. Johnny goes over to see the results and alas, our story begins.
Old November 7, 2002, 18:14   #3
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 11:37
Nice teaser.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old November 7, 2002, 20:46   #4
Ksim3000
Chieftain

Thanks! I'll begin writing the first part soon!
Old November 7, 2002, 21:17   #5
unscratchedfoot
Prince

Local Time: 19:37
I hope so. C'mon, we need more goods. Do aliens attack the space station?
Old November 7, 2002, 21:27   #6
Ksim3000
Chieftain

Aliens aren't gonna attack the Space Station yet....quite a good thought, thanks! The story will begin when the first ship heads for Alpha Centuari and thats all you need to know for now.
Old November 7, 2002, 23:02   #7
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 04:37
Aha, so we are going to read another research paper. Interesting introduction. Looking forward to see what you can make of it.
Spore page
Old November 8, 2002, 06:41   #8
Firebird
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Well done Ksim!
Old November 8, 2002, 18:40   #9
Ksim3000
Chieftain

Thanks Firebird!
Old November 9, 2002, 15:03   #10
Ksim3000
Chieftain

I'll begin writing in a few days, need Firebird to get back to me on an idea I was thinking.
Old November 10, 2002, 14:23   #11
Ksim3000
Chieftain

Firebird has agreed with my ideas so I'll begin writing soon. So far, having difficultys thinking of the first chapter.
Old November 10, 2002, 14:30   #12
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

We will be waiting for it.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old November 10, 2002, 23:37   #13
unscratchedfoot
Prince

C'mon, hurry up with this story! If the goods aren't delivered soon something bad might happen. I don't know how long I can keep my Zulu minions from overrunning your space station.
Old November 12, 2002, 18:43   #14
Ksim3000
Chieftain

Earth 2020

As Lt.Dimitri Kruglov walked the corridors of VOSKOW, Russia's Secret Military Base buried well beneath the thick snow. He didn't realize that he would become a famous part of history. As he walked, gaurds and soldiers patrolled the area, scientists worked on thier projects and administrators walked by, with their hands clenched tightly on their briefcases which contained new secret projects etc.... Kruglov walked by, nodding and saluting then continued.

Kruglov had been informed that he was to report to the main briefing room, one of the most heaviest security rooms in the base. This room was so protected that even an insect could not get in without alerting the entire base. To get into the room, you must have your whole body scanned. Even when your in there, the computer keeps scanning, making sure everyone who is in there are authorized personnal. Kruglov had never been into the main briefing room so it was quite a mystery. Still, he didn't even think about it. Instead, his mind was set on Anya Natalojv, the woman he fancied. He had always fancied Anya, going all the way back to when he was 8 years old. He would follow her everywhere, even though she didn't like him at all. She would insult him, it would bring him nearer. If she dated anyone, he would be watching her all the time. Infact, it was Anya that got a job here, after spending 5 years in the Russian Imperial Military, which of course Dimitri also joined. Now, she was a Sergeant, working as Head Engineer here at VOSKOW. Soon enough, with Dimitri being a Leutenant at this stage, he managed to convince his superiors about assigning him to VOSKOW.

This is only a start, since I've got to think of a few more ideas. Hopefully, I should have something good by Thursday or Friday, maybe Wensday if I'm lucky.
Old November 14, 2002, 08:29   #15
unscratchedfoot
Prince

If you're stuck for ideas you might wanna try what I do. First you make a simple plot for the whole story start to finish. Then add in the details after (but before you start writing). That way you never get stuck for ideas. If anything you will have too many ideas and need to sort out what goes into the story. I really recommend that you don't write haphazardly and without direction. Some writers can do it successfully, like Stephen King which is amazing, but I really could never write a story without knowing the plot first. There's a couple of stories on this forum I never finished (I would if I knew people would read them) but I already know exactly how they end. So for this story maybe try working out a simple plot working with what you've already written and see how it goes.
Old November 14, 2002, 16:45   #16
Ksim3000
Chieftain

I'll try that, thanks! Also, Firebird is writing next which might give me some more ideas.
Old November 22, 2002, 17:36   #17
Ksim3000
Chieftain

This story isn't dead yet. I'm still waiting for Firebird to write his part but after that, I'll write some more.