Old November 8, 2002, 11:20   #1
civaholic
Settler

Local Time: 06:40
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Build Order Not Working Multiplayer?
When I play PTW in multiplayer mode, it does not ask for build orders after completing a unit even though I have the option selected to do so.

It does ask in single player mode.

Any ideas?

civaholic
Old November 8, 2002, 12:11   #2
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:40
Yes, in an SP game it does. MP does not. The reason for this is to limit the pop-up windows in a MP game - even if you click this option off in the setup.

Yes, it is a pain - but you actaully get used to it after a while and you can place multiple items in the city's build queue by holding down the "shift" key while in the city manager and then click on the items you want in it's queue.

I didn't use the queue on the standard Civ3 game, but in MP PTW, in my opinion, it is almost necessary.
Old November 8, 2002, 12:50   #3
civaholic
Settler

It's a "feature" then?

Ug.

We tend to play large and the occasional huge world and even with using the queue there is a lot of time spent reviewing city production.

In my case I think it takes longer to keep reviewing production that it does to answer build order pop ups. I would rather that they allow the option rather than make the choice for me.

civaholic
Old November 11, 2002, 14:18   #4
civaholic
Settler

Tech Support Says...
...Some things in multiplayer have shown to have a few problems. I will pass this information on as we are working on another patch for the game.

So apparently not a "feature" but one of a "few" problems.

I've noted another thread (PTW not saving my preferences, I think) were others are having the same problem as I am.

We have tried to play a game and basically queue as many orders as we can and cap the queue with "wealth". Then as we see are cities on the map with wealth or will reviewing from the city screen we update the order queue again.

It has slowed gameplay quite a bit so I hope there is a fix for it pronto.
Old November 11, 2002, 14:45   #5
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 05:40
something not working in multiplayer!?!?! GASP!

seriously though, this one has been pointed out bajillions of times. but keep complaining to let them know our angst