Old March 4, 2000, 09:51   #1
U.Core
Settler

Local Time: 01:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
where r them friggin maps
ghello

after some game play on random maps , i find that those maps are pretty useless , sometimes factions are put on a place where they do not stand a chance , so that they are not actually of any use in the game .
this is ofcourse realistic and all , but seeing that there are only 7 factions , it would be quite crap to lose one .
also , some factions are being put to close together , or the factions are put in that a way , that some parts of the map is not used at all .
that is why i prefer to use maps ( which are specifically created , cos they are far more realistic than random created ones ) and edit them , so that every faction has a good place to start .
this makes a game far more interesting , with 7 powerfull factions ( 6 most of the time , morgan sux ) instead of 3 powerfull and 4 crap factions .

however , there is only one map on which this is ( partially ) possible , and that is the earth one .
however , that one is too big
the computer controlled factions never colonize enough to get the map filled up
not even if i colonize europe , western russia , and north africa .

so my question is : where can i find maps which are similar to that earth map ( realistic ) but a bit smaller ?

i cannot find them , not even on apolyton
surely there must be some good map creators out there ...

------------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."
"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible."