Old November 9, 2002, 14:29   #1
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 10:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
orders: 2195-2202
will this be a turnthread or chat if chat joeno must do it please tell me your preference!

and oh yes orders please
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old November 9, 2002, 14:32   #2
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 07:44
i thought you were doing threads because you weren't going to be here today? you look like you're here....am i missing something?
Old November 9, 2002, 14:33   #3
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

i am going away in around 2 hours.... big party in big city somewhere
Old November 9, 2002, 14:34   #4
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 12:44
Orders of the Directorate of Terraformation and Colonization

Base locations: (14.54), (19.59), (6.108), (5.113), (19.107), (27.105), (30.98)

Some more former orders. You probably won't need them all but you never know:

Former SE of Sheathed Sword, to be assisted by the former in construction in that base:
Finish the mine. Then move north to build a road to new base location (14.54) along the tiles (13.61-59) and (14.58-56).

Four formers near Terminal Dogma:
Build forest on nutrient forest. Complete the road to that base; farm&solar (15.67) and forest (17.67) along the road. Then split them in two groups. Group one builds a road to new base location (19.59) along the tiles (19.63-61). Group two builds a mine&road on (18.68). If finished, build farm/condenser/roads on those flat&moist tiles east of Terminal Dogma.

Three formers near Tacticus Academy
Two of them finish the condenser. The third builds roads on the flat squares (7.85), (5.87), (6.88-90). If finished, start on another condenser on one of these tiles.

Two former en route to (27.105):
Complete road to base location. Then build sensor array on future base square. Continue with planting forest on the tile SE of base location. Then build farm/condenser/road on that nutrient tile.

Two formers en route to (19.107):
Finish road. Then build sensor array on the future base square. Then build forest and road on the nutrient tile.

Two formers near New Tassagrad (with a third one to come):
Complete road to that base. Then build a farm on the tile S of New Tassagrad. Then build a road towards the previous group of two formers to complete the "Freshwater Ring" superhighway. Plant some forest when they have spare time.

Two formers near Deus Ex Machina (with third to come):
Complete farm/solar/road. One former should create a forest E of Deus Ex Machina. The two others are to build a road to new base location (6.108).

Last edited by Maniac; November 16, 2002 at 15:33.
Old November 9, 2002, 14:35   #5
DeathByTheSword
King

btw this is for next week TKG you do know that right?
Old November 9, 2002, 14:36   #6
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

yeah i know. i was wondering why you did a thread this week instead of a chat today.
Old November 9, 2002, 16:01   #7
Joeno
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:44
Today's chat won't happen and was replaced by the turnthread of last Thursday (I've been quite busy today anyway). Next week, I could theoretically run a turnchat, except that I consider myself a newbie, and I'd probably ask.. 'some' quite more extra advice. As I said, I went for this post for the organizational stuff needed, etc.

Well, whatever the people want, I guess.
Old November 9, 2002, 16:20   #8
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

A newbie? How so? Because you haven't been involved in the demo game for very long or because you only recently own and play SMAC?
Old November 9, 2002, 17:17   #9
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 21:44
I'd prefer a chat, that would avert some of the more... 'surprising'... orders that were carried out.
Old November 9, 2002, 19:04   #10
Maniac

Old November 9, 2002, 20:11   #11
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

I agree with GT, a Turnchat is probably a better idea IMHO, especially if Joeno feels like a newbie.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old November 10, 2002, 11:08   #12
Method
Emperor

on the contrary, if we have a chat drogue, joeno'd be running it as Alpha talent.

you could probably do it though joeno, all you have to do is carry out our orders
Old November 10, 2002, 12:08   #13
Maniac

Yeah, you just have to listen to me the directors.
Old November 10, 2002, 12:16   #14
DeathByTheSword
King

then it will be a turnchat good luck you all...i will hear what happens....
Old November 10, 2002, 14:11   #15
Joeno
Chieftain

Turnchat it is, then. Will have to dig out my copy of SMAC again, then.

I call myself a newbie because although I really like the game, I always play on lower difficulty levels. Don't want to lose and am convinced I wouldn't make it. Of course, knowing me, it'd probably go better than I think, but eh..

Anyway, if everyone posts clear orders, I'll be able to do it. Don't expect me to improvise much or something, and I'll probably go slow. But at least there'll be a chat.
Old November 10, 2002, 14:22   #16
DeathByTheSword
King

joeno dont forget to download the patch!
Old November 14, 2002, 06:43   #17
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

*BUMP*

DoFA Orders:

Hive:
1) Go for a Treaty.
2) Trade for any techs they have.
3) Don't trade away important techs.
4) Don't sell things for energy.
5) Buy things with energy.
6) Don't give in to any demands.
7) Don't extort them for anything.

University:
1) Keep trying for a Pact.
2) Go for any techs they have.
Old November 15, 2002, 10:55   #18
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 06:44
Social Engineering orders:

Switch to Wealth immediately. Switch to Knowledge upon receiving Cyberethics from Morgan.

Keep 50% / 50% energy rates unless the psych rate must be upped to avert riots, and using a Doctor would produce a deficit of Nutrient or Minerals. (Or, if the DIE won't consent to using a Doctor in the situation.) In that case, go to 40% Econ, then 40% Research, then 30% Econ, and so on, increasing Psych by as many 10% increments as necessary to restore order.
Old November 16, 2002, 03:03   #19
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

I presume the turnchat will be held at the usual time (ie. 2200 GMT Saturday)?
Old November 16, 2002, 07:16   #20
Joeno
Chieftain

Yup, usual time, usual location.

Don't forget those orders, people!
Old November 16, 2002, 09:33   #21
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Director Exploration and Intelligence orders

Southern Scout
Move west to the river, then follow the river to the unknown territory in the west, don't pop any pods untill the area is fully discovered.

Westerns Probe Foil
Head straight west, once a coast is encountered, follow it northwards, unless there is evidence of another faction/sea base in to the south. Once a base is found, infiltrate it.
Don't pop pods unless there is enough movement left to get away from a potential Isle of the Deep.

Eastern Probe Foil
Move northeast a few tiles, then east, towards the unknown base northwest of the Universities territory and infiltrate it.
Don't pop pods unless there is enough movement left to get away from a potential Isle of the Deep.

Pictures, discussion and poll can be found here:
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=67638
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old November 16, 2002, 11:55   #22
Method
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Joeno
Yup, usual time, usual location.
can we use the apolyton irc server? mark's been pestering us to. and mark ALWAYS gets his way
Old November 16, 2002, 12:36   #23
Maniac

TC, FA, SE, EI we have if I didn't overlook anyone.

So missing is Science (TKG?!? ), BP, IE and PO.
PO isn't crucial I believe (unless someone wants a military build-up of course - not me ). I'm sure we'll still get orders from TKG, which leaves IE and BP. IMO those are exactly the two directorates which need orders most urgently!!! What to do about them? I have made a lot of suggestions to them in the appropriate thread, but they aren't around.
Old November 16, 2002, 15:56   #24
Maniac

I've made som changes to my TC orders.

May I also repost my suggestions for Industry & Energy and Base production here? I hope we can discuss them on the chat.

New Tassagrad worker to forest.
Terminal Dogma worker to nutrient forest.
TBIBTU worker from a normal forest to the forest on the river.
Two Mysidia workers to the nutrient forest and a normal forest.

No longer send crawlers to the south. No longer rehome them to New Apolyton, but cap each base's production at about 15 minerals. Instead send the crawlers already en route to NA and the south to the 3 rocky minerals and the free forests in our central territory which are outside the base radii. Put a crawler on the minerals near Concordia.

Also some edited base build queues to satisfy our sea terraforming and colonization needs:

Zanarkand Gate: Children's Creche - Sea formers
UN Pizza Delivery: Supply crawler - Sea colony pod - Sea formers
Mysidia: Supply crawler - Colony Pod - Scout - Sea formers
New Suez: the PTS - Sea formers

If we want to pop boom those bases to a high population, kelp farming the Freshwater Sea is the way to go!

There is also a shortage of formers if we want to have enough terraformed territory in the future to place crawlers and workers. Therefore I asked for more formers, a request which was granted by our citizens. Therefore:

New Apolyton: crawler - formers - CC - NN
TBIBTU: probe skimship - formers - CC
Pandemonium: crawler - formers

Is this acceptable?
Old November 16, 2002, 16:00   #25
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

I'd go for a but then it's not my decision.

Old November 16, 2002, 16:01   #26
Method
Emperor

heh, i was (gasp!) without internet connection for a bit, but anyways, just in time: Director of Research Orders

first choice: Environmental economics
second choice: synthetic fossil fuels

i doubt we'll get to another breakthrough (22 turns iirc) so i guess the only way we'll get to use these orders is if we get HEC some other way.

make sure to trade morgan for cyberethics in 10 turns (if we go that far)
Old November 16, 2002, 16:03   #27
Drogue
staff

Are we using Efnet or Apolyton IRC?

Old November 16, 2002, 16:13   #28
Joeno
Chieftain

I was thinking EFnet, but Apolyton would be fine as well. I'll try to stay on both servers, so it'll be whatever people want most.
Old November 16, 2002, 16:57   #29
Method
Emperor

i think you'll need to be a little more decisive than that, chief
Old November 16, 2002, 17:27   #30
Joeno
Chieftain

Let's go for EFnet. It's more filled now anyway

So, everyone, IRC Server irc.efnet.org - channel #smacdg