View Poll Results: Vote.
Yes. 7 11.48%
No 44 72.13%
There is no nation-state. We are all part of the Great Kingdom of the United Bananas. 10 16.39%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 11, 2002, 18:18   #61
Gangerolf
Prince

Local Time: 11:48
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by ADG

What bothers me most is the royalities... I simply just don't like 'em (not necesarily the persons...just the title...and what the title gives to the persons with the title)... You hear about those royal people EVERY SINGLE DAY
It's the other way around for me. I'm a monarchist, but the way some royals behave piss me off. Take Norway's crown princess's father for instance, he's obvioulsy constantly drunk and hangs out with this hideous woman called Cowboy-Laila. Well he's not really a royal, but anyway...
And I'm sick of hearing about it every day too.

Quote:
And the second worst thing is the people...99% of the Danes wants to "get something" before they "Give something" (Though I don't know if there's that much difference in other countries... but I hope so)
I hate that "what's in it for me?" attitude. But it's everywhere I'm afraid.
Old November 11, 2002, 18:21   #62
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 07:48
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

If there are two flags in the world I hate, its the Libyan one and the Spanish one. Ugh.....Spanish though is redeemable since it doesnt use just one solid color (which is just plain lazy).

Anyway....but Americans do need to realize that France did kind of help them with their independence. Funny thought now that you think of it
Damn... then you would hate my room because I have three spanish flags hanged up... patriot? Yes...

Gangerolf: *Moe voice from the simpsons* shut up... shut up...
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old November 11, 2002, 18:23   #63
ranskaldan
Prince

Local Time: 05:48
Re: Are you ashamed of your nationality?
Quote:
Well?
Hell no.

I was for a time, however, especially after reading David Eddings' Aryanistic Belgariad (which in all other respects is a pretty good - if commercial and shallow - series).

Frankly, I'd like to see what it's like being white or black, or Native American. Who knows. It could get interesting.

But in the meantime, being a member of a race / ethnicity that dominated for 2000+ years (and likely will again) isn't bad.
Old November 11, 2002, 18:37   #64
Gangerolf
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez

Gangerolf: *Moe voice from the simpsons* shut up... shut up...
about what?
oh, you mean Spain's PINK lion? no worries.
Old November 11, 2002, 18:44   #65
Cagliostro
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:48
Mmmh - I don't get the point in being a patriot as well as being ashamed - how can you be proud/ashamed of something which is none of your merit (unless you didn't achieve anything (positive or negative) in your life and have nothing else to be proud or ashamed of due to that...)?

Please enlighten me
Old November 11, 2002, 18:47   #66
gsmoove23
Warlord

What exactly is a patriot? I've never known.
Old November 11, 2002, 18:52   #67
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez

Damn... then you would hate my room because I have three spanish flags hanged up... patriot? Yes...
Dont worry You are not alone. I have an equal number of flags (not all Russian. And none of them are spanish. In fact, they are Russian, Soviet, Chinese ) in my computer room followed by another Russian flag, Chinese, Soviet, British, and Indian in my bedroom with the flags of Egypt and Taiwan in my first bathroom (the flag of Vietnam in my second one) and the flag of Kazakstan goes into the study room while insiude the study room I have the Japenese flag (and war flag, too!) along with Canada and Belarus and then we enter the basement (which has the MODERN afghani flag to the entrance) and there you will find an American flag, Israel, and Hong Kong.

And I love them all
Old November 11, 2002, 18:53   #68
Gangerolf
Prince

Quote:
But in the meantime, being a member of a race / ethnicity that dominated for 2000+ years (and likely will again) isn't bad.
when did China ever(I presume) dominate anything else than East Asia?

Quote:
(and likely will again)
I certainly hope not. At least not in their current semi communist-fascistoid state.
Old November 11, 2002, 18:55   #69
Hobbes
Warlord

Local Time: 03:48
I'm Dutch Canadian. Ashamed of neither, but it's not exactally exciting. My girlfriend is Polish Jewish and there is such great traditions and family-atmosphere in her culture. The Dutch aren't exactally 'big family' people. Good food, however.

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer
Old November 11, 2002, 18:55   #70
ranskaldan
Prince

Local Time: 05:48
Quote:
Originally posted by Gangerolf

when did China ever(I presume) dominate anything else than East Asia?
Okay, so dominate is a bad word. How about "lead"?

Quote:
I certainly hope not. At least not in their current semi communist-fascistoid state.
Frankly, I don't really care. America isn't doing a great job either, anyway.
Old November 11, 2002, 18:57   #71
The Vagabond
Prince

Quote:
If there are two flags in the world I hate, its the Libyan one and the Spanish one. Ugh.....Spanish though is redeemable since it doesnt use just one solid color (which is just plain lazy).
Oddly enough, the Spanish flag is one of my favorites. I like the feeling of joy the red/yellow combo inspires. You and me have quite different tastes, Tassadar.
Old November 11, 2002, 18:59   #72
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by The Vagabond

Oddly enough, the Spanish flag is one of my favorites. I like the feeling of joy the red/yellow combo inspires. You and me have quite different tastes, Tassadar.
The red and yellow is OK, its just that crest spoils the entire thing....
Old November 11, 2002, 19:00   #73
The Vagabond
Prince

Closer to the original question, I'd like to say I don't regret I was born Russian.

Well, maybe just sometimes
Old November 11, 2002, 19:00   #74
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangerolf

about what?
oh, you mean Spain's PINK lion? no worries.
It's not pink but purple

In fact, on colour-standar CIE-1931, the lion must have a color with that figures:

Y=18.42,x=0.426,y=0.263

Old November 11, 2002, 19:03   #75
The Vagabond
Prince

Quote:
The red and yellow is OK, its just that crest spoils the entire thing....
I am not surprised you said that. After all, the red and yellow are also the colors of the Soviet flag.
Old November 11, 2002, 19:06   #76
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by The Vagabond

I am not surprised you said that. After all, the red and yellow are also the colors of the Soviet flag.
Yes, although (assuming the Spanish flag has no crest. Then my second least liked flag would have to be Poland/Indoesnia) the color arrangement doesnt look nearly as nice as the Soviet flag.

Attached Images:
File Type: gif soviet flag.gif (16.1 KB, 29 views)
Old November 11, 2002, 19:07   #77
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 07:48
The Soviet Flag would be one that I would burn...
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old November 11, 2002, 19:14   #78
The Vagabond
Prince

Tassadar loves the Soviet flag, but hates the Spanish one.

Fez loves the Spanish flag, but hates the Soviet one.

As for me, I love both the Soviet and the Spanish flags.