Old November 11, 2002, 02:30   #1
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
TIME for 940 A.D. Turnchat
We need to give time for ministers to compile orders that take into account two factors:

1. The completion of the Forbidden Palace
2. The result of the science slider poll

As such, the next turnchat cannot (at a minimum) take place until at least Thursday (which would give ministers only during the day on Thursday to change any rush requests if the science slider poll forces them to change them).

Here are three options (though others exist) for when to hold the next chat:

3:00 Friday GMT (10 p.m. Thursday EST)
22:00 Friday GMT (5 p.m. Friday EST)
20:00 Saturday GMT (3 p.m. Saturday EST)

I need input from ministers on this.
Old November 11, 2002, 03:41   #2
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 06:49
Friday would be best for me. Saturday is completely out, I have an event that was payed for months ago to go to. Thursday might be good. Also, there is the Palace poll that's in the works and we might take it's results early, if there is sufficient number of votes by then to go with that.

I think that the GA will end in 1000AD (didn't it start in 800?). If that's so, could we have the turnchat go up to that point (6 turns), so that the post GA aftermath can be properly assertained and planned for.

E_T
Old November 11, 2002, 04:00   #3
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
I think that the GA will end in 1000AD (didn't it start in 800?). If that's so, could we have the turnchat go up to that point (6 turns), so that the post GA aftermath can be properly assertained and planned for.
Certainly. It would be a waste of time to do a 5-turn turnchat and then have the next one only be 1 lousy turn because the GA ends and people have to re-do orders. So yeah, we can do the next turnchat until the GA ends.
Old November 11, 2002, 16:39   #4
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Friday is best for me.
Aggie
Old November 11, 2002, 20:22   #5
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 04:49
Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
Friday would be best for me. Saturday is completely out,

E_T
Ditto, except my paid event is the new Harry Potter movie.
Old November 11, 2002, 22:37   #6
Arnelos
Emperor

I just got volunteered to help with a volunteer event surounding the Harry Potter movie myself (it's for a hunger group)... that's on Saturday, so it sounds like I need to do Thursday or Friday as well
Old November 11, 2002, 23:14   #7
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 06:49
Ohhh, I completely forget about that, I'll be going to the late night showing, so as to miss the kiddie crowd . Arn, I feel for you man, try to have as much fun doing it.....

E_T
Old November 12, 2002, 06:32   #8
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:49
If you hold the chat on Friday, please hold it at 22:00 GMT; otherwise, all European players will be excluded from the game AGAIN.
Old November 12, 2002, 14:26   #9
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 04:49
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Ditto, except my paid event is the new Harry Potter movie.
Like he said paid months in advance...hope you already have the tickets.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old November 13, 2002, 03:28   #10
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
If you hold the chat on Friday, please hold it at 22:00 GMT; otherwise, all European players will be excluded from the game AGAIN.
Ok, we can do that.

I'll go ahead and official post time and tentative location.

Location may change before the chat - it is DEPENDENT upon GhengisFarb's ability to get onto Apolyoton.net. I don't think we should be holding a chat that we KNOW one of the ministers can't make when another location would allow him to make it.

As such, I would like to hold the chat at Apolyton.net's IRC server and it will be held there if we can get GhengisFarb on there.

If we cannot, however, chat will be held on Undernet.

If you don't happen to get word before the chat of which one it's on, check both locations to find which one we're at (though I assume it will be posted enough ahead of time or at least in the "chat going on now" thread)