Old March 16, 2000, 10:08   #1
SteveMc
Settler

Local Time: 01:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Sid and Brian factions...
I just found these two factions. Anyone use them before? Any stories?
Old March 16, 2000, 10:18   #2
Christopher
Warlord

hehe
I used them against a pair of unsuspecting multiplayers.
I could hear them scream (of terror?) in the room next door when they discovered the factions.
LOL

Chris
Old March 16, 2000, 11:26   #3
Adam_Smith
Prince

They come with singularity mechanics which is crazy.

Edit them to be very powerfull. It's cool if you don't know how to do your own graphics to make a custom faction.

P.S. Take that stupid singularity mechanics out. (first time using a smile : )
Old March 16, 2000, 18:48   #4
porcerax
Settler

I haven't played as them, but I have played against them. I replaced the Data Angels and the Conciousness with them. I played as the Manifold Caretakers on a normal map of planet at transcend ironman settings. I was placed on the continent by Mount Planet and was smack in the middle of alot of hostile factions. I was unable to get a probe team to either of the Firaxis factions before they were knocking at my back door. Ironicly I was able to probe them after Sids faction took one of my land bases. Even with the addition of singularity mechanics it was a war on five fronts for me and was touch and go for awhile. (The Usurpers wiped out the Cult) Also what really made the conquest drag was everyone was cranking out conventional missles which made me miserable untill I developed AAA neutronium defensive units. First I aquired airpower and harrassed every enemy base in range to keep them from improving their bases and researching new techs. Then I proceeded to kick the Drones off of my continent, the pirates out of the sea and the Usurpers accross the sea. After I had control of three quarters of the world I set my oldest most improved bases to improving themselves and building special projects and my newer additions to building defence and attack units to grind Sid and Brian down. Most importantly any base building a planet buster became the prime vacation destination of my shard choppers. It was a very challenging game for me even as the Caretakers. I am dissapointed that I only had the opportunity to use String Gas Wav Choppers for a couple of turns before I finally won.