Old March 19, 2000, 19:13   #1
Adam_Smith
Prince

Local Time: 01:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Morgan's Challenge
Here's one for you sickos!

Play Morgan against 6 H'minee (aka Booger) factions.

Oh yeah, and put it on 30% water.

Muhahahaha

Old March 19, 2000, 20:03   #2
Master Marcus
Prince

Local Time: 20:39
Local Date: October 30, 2010
And why not the Pirates or Miriam against 6 progenitors? Can you specify why Morgan especially ? On the challenge level, he's an average pick.

------------------
The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".
Old March 19, 2000, 21:39   #3
Adam_Smith
Prince

I picked Morgan because he can't switch to planned economics, and if he chooses FM he will get low planet rating. Then he will be very vulnerable to Booger's worms. So he will have to choose green, but that will give him -2 growth.

Basically, I had to choose one builder type faction, and Morgan seemed like the one that would have the hardest time. Are there any other suggestions. Mongoose suggested Deirdre because she gets -1 morale. Miraim would be hard because she already has -1 planet.

P.S. Master Marcus, Pirates too easy being in the water and all.
[This message has been edited by Adam_Smith (edited March 19, 2000).]
Old March 20, 2000, 11:49   #4
Master Marcus
Prince

Local Time: 20:39
In all the games I've played, I found Morgan easier than the Pirates. Pick Svensgaard on average map & 30% water: I've noticed since patch v2 more aggressive AI against him ( my Pirates games had the most abundant surprise attacks - what I call an undocumented feature brought by the patch maybe, since the 2 Pirates games played with Crossfire 1.0 were then way easier.)
Anyway the AI makes only sparse combat on the terrain, it rarely dares attack a well-defended base with air units unless it has ground or naval units to invade it - this is very scarce in my games.
Therefore pick any faction against a progenitor, and if you don't choose Green for long, you can thrive and build easily without being disturbed.

------------------
The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".
Old March 20, 2000, 12:13   #5
Ned
King

Local Time: 17:39
Adam_Smith,

I don't know if the scenario editor can accomplish all of the following, but I got wiped out in a recent game playing the Spartans. On review, I don't think I could have won the game even starting again.

Situation:

Three large continents, two arranged side by side like cheeks on a face, and a third like a forehead. A small island is sandwiched between the two large continents - remote from forehead.

The two Alien factions start on the cheeks, the rest of the human factions start together on the forehead. You start, I was the Spartans, on the small island.

In my game, the two Alien factions quickly expanded to 20+ cities, occupying the two cheeks. In the meantime, the human factions contacted each other and traded techs. By the time I had contacted the humans, they were far ahead in tech and had nothing to trade with the Spartans. The Aliens, in contrast, declared war on sight.

If anyone can duplicate this scenario, it would be a good challenge to even the best player.

Ned

Old March 20, 2000, 14:51   #6
RedFred
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 18:39
Adam - sounds like a fun game, but given the crazy, seemingly impossible premises behind other challenges, this one seems a bit easy.

The other thing is that the devil is in the detail. That is, you have not specified virtually any settings. You can see how a difficult game would get easy if played at a lower setting than transcend. Similarly, even at 30% water there will be some islands. If Morgan was on an island, playing him is suddenly a lot easier.
Old March 20, 2000, 15:51   #7
Adam_Smith
Prince

Right now me an Mongoose are experimenting. Transcendent level is a given. I don't think it is neccessary to make requirements to native life or climate. I haven't decided about the size yet. I'm pretty sure that Morgan should be the faction played since he can't use Planned economics.

Mongoose started a game like this, but the comp still put him on an island seperated from all of the Booger factions. He didn't have any trouble just building up a strong faction and then attacking the mainland. I will have to generate one where there is only one land mass and Morgan is in the middle.
Old March 20, 2000, 18:01   #8
Adam_Smith
Prince

There is another thread now with the directions for getting the file. Post over there.