Old March 14, 2000, 20:04   #1
Helium Pond
Prince

Local Time: 01:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
What is the status of the bug list and patch?
The assembled bug list is impressive, even imposing. I'm sure Firaxis sees it as a mixed blessing--it's nice to have the documentation on that stuff, but they're going to have to pick which bugs to fix and which to leave in (there's no way they'll fix 'em all), and now there's a very public record of their choices. That is, if they make any. What with the recent talent exodus at Firaxis, it seems possible to me that they'll decide not to spend any more effort on the game at all.

I have two questions:

1) Has Firaxis ever given a positive statement that there will be another patch? Granted, the last patch came after a poll that asked for a quick patch now, and a more complete patch later--but have they ever given any actual definite indication that the more complete patch was being worked on?

2) Has Firaxis given any official response to the bug list? Or have we been yelling into a canyon and hearing only our own echoes?

Does anyone know anything about this? I did a search for 'bug list,' but I didn't find any helpful articles. I'm not the best at finding things in general, though, so I may have overlooked something.
Old March 15, 2000, 03:32   #2
RedFred
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 18:39
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Did you see MarkG's article on the list being passed on to the Firaxis programmers? (on or about Feb 14th)

That article didn't discuss when the patch would be out but seemed to imply that it was in the works. The article also did not make clear whether we should continue to work on the bug list or if we have passed a cutoff date.
Old March 15, 2000, 14:19   #3
Helium Pond
Prince

How can I find that Article? I don't see it on the main page.
Old March 15, 2000, 16:56   #4
RedFred
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 18:39
Local Date: October 30, 2010
You're right. Looks like they have archived all the articles to Dec 99 and the articles from late Feb 00 and on are still active. Not sure what happened to the intervening period. Why not e-mail MarkG?
Old March 15, 2000, 19:38   #5
MarkG

hmm we should have a link to our full(all sections) news archive at http://apolyton.net/news/archive.shtml

Old March 15, 2000, 23:51   #6
Helium Pond
Prince

Here's the article:

The SMACX V2 bug list(shouldn't it be v3, since v2 is the first patch?) has reach a point where one can say that it's done. Five weeks and 190 reports since it started, it is really a great piece of work! Many thanks from all smacers should go to zsozso who put the list together and everyone who reported a bug with good descriptions and even saved games. Firaxis has been notified about it, we hope we see the results of all this work on the SMACX V3 patch.
(end quote)

It says "Firaxis has been notified about it." This is what I'd like more information about. Does that mean that they got sent an email saying "we made you a bug list?" Does that mean that they got sent a copy of the list? What kind of reaction did they give to it, if any? Do they even have it, or is it assumed that they'll be reading it off these forums?
Old March 16, 2000, 03:27   #7
MarkG

we forwarded a note from Zsozso on the list

the exact responce from Jeff Morris was
"Thanks. We've been following it and found it useful."

Old March 16, 2000, 06:43   #8
Helium Pond
Prince

Thanks, MarkG, for the reply.
Old March 16, 2000, 12:52   #9
edgecrusher

**sniff** i miss zsozso...

Old March 21, 2000, 22:27   #10
DaFraggle
Settler

Thats wierd I e-mailed firaxis about the AI problems and they told me to e-mail EA (the web page with all the misc info that isnt needed half the time). I think firaxis should just be responsible for the exp and the orginal instead of another company.

I myslef would gretaly appreciate a "fix all" patch for SMAX and SMAC.