View Poll Results: Should Apolyton Empire stay in the Civ3-Stories forum or atleast have its own forum?
Yes, it should stay here 10 71.43%
No, it shouldn't stay 3 21.43%
Should have its own forum 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 12, 2002, 17:43   #1
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 05:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Keep Apolyton Empire here at Civ3-Stories petition poll
DanQ asked me why i believe Apolyton Empire should stay in the Civ3-Stories forums, and I told him. He then says he believes Apolyton Empire doesn't belong here because it is not an actual Civ3 games. I told him if he is basing his decision on that reasoning, who should move all of the Civ3 stories to Misc-Stories/Diplomacy because they are not ACTUAL Civ3 games.

Apolyton Empire is an CIV3 Interactive STORY game, where different writers play the role of character(s) who as a position within the Apolyton Empire, a civilization base on Civ3 and the Forums. So obviously, it belongs in the Civ3-Forums. Only difference compare to the rest of the stories is that AE is a multi-authored and played as form of roleplaying game. Far from being a Misc. Story and Diplomacy Game.

So anyone that believes that Apolyton Empire should stay here at Civ3-Stories or atleast have its own forum like the Democracy Games, then please vote. Also please post stating your opinion and so on, as this is also a petition.

I would also like to note that we are looking for more people to join, don't need to be a good writer. The post count ranking system as been removed as we don't need it anymore. So that, if some high position within the Apolyton Empire is available, you can have it! just ask in the Discussion thread.

-Mellian
Old November 12, 2002, 17:49   #2
Mellian
Queen

I personally believe, obviously, that APolyton Empire should stay in the Civ3-Stories forums.

-Mellian
Old November 12, 2002, 17:56   #3
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 11:55
Well, of course I believe that the Apolyton Empire should stay in this forum, for a very simple reason:

1) It is a story (no doubts about that)
2) It's highly based on Civ3, the vaious people posting in the AE follow Civ3 rules, and we use a Civ3 created map with all Civ3 PTW Civs + 1, which is the Apolyton Civ.

The only it differs from the other stories in here is that it is a cooperative story, with many authors interacting together, and many styles adding to each other.

I would never be able to write a long Civ3 story alone, because English is not my mother language, and writing in the Apolyton Empire is the only way I can help creating an interesting story.

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old November 12, 2002, 18:03   #4
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 04:55
The ghost of Moderator civman I returns to vote yes...

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old November 12, 2002, 21:25   #5
Mellian
Queen

DanQ replied and decided to leave Apolyton Empire here, agreeing with my points.

i should of waited for his reply before starting this thread, lol

-Mellian
Old November 13, 2002, 00:18   #6
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 04:55
Votee-Yes!