Old November 13, 2002, 14:20   #1
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 04:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
War Academy:English objectives
What is our real goal with England. Once again (like Germany) our objectives are best dscribed in terms of economic warfare.

We want: To expand the enlightenment of the banana to a wider sphere around our FP in contaginon.

We want: The LAND

I believe that these objectives require liberating Oxford, liberating the first layer of the English onion, and sacking the next layer including London.

The City Planning department should advise as to which cities are kept, and which ones are razed.

comments appreciated

Ssgt roadcage (retired)
Old November 13, 2002, 14:44   #2
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 05:59
I think our objective in an English war should be to annex all of the main English land.

Leave them with that one city in the general area near one or two Persian cities intermingled near the German Aztec border in exchange for all her techs and as much GPT as possible for 20 turns.
Old November 13, 2002, 14:49   #3
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

True, joncnunn, that is our ultimate position, but I am deliberately stating what I believe to be the minimum objectives that we need before a brokered peace treaty could be considered.

Ssgt roadcage (retired)
Old November 13, 2002, 15:26   #4
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I agree that we should take the southern extent of there nation, similar to plan "TOBE". However staking and perhaps razing london would be a good place to stop. Also I know this might sound weird but I want the island to the ne too. Why you ask?. Well because that island could be a base for our bombers and other forces in the future. also roadcage you should apply to the SMC for a deputy job. I think you could be deputy of war plans.
Aggie
Old November 13, 2002, 15:35   #5
roadcage
Prince

Thanks aggie, I know that I have been active here lately, but that will not be the case for most of the next term due to RL. And I kinda like being a Gadfly!

Ssgt roadcage (retired)
Old November 13, 2002, 15:57   #6
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I don't see the point of attacking England without taking annexing of the main land of England.

But perhaps if the war starts for that limited purpose, people will see the light once that portion is reached and we can finish the job and take all of mainland England.

Also, do the English have an unexpired Great Wonder? If so, we should capture the city for the wonder instead of razing. (Implement the ARE's program of starving that city down to size 1 or 2 if bombardment doesn't do it first.)
Old November 13, 2002, 18:05   #7
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 11:59
For Banana's sake, why Sack cities- we want expand the enlightenment of the Banana, not death and destruction- Stop the terror- let no liberated town be sacked!!!
Old November 13, 2002, 18:14   #8
roadcage
Prince

Quote:
For Banana's sake, why Sack cities- we want expand the enlightenment of the Banana, not death and destruction- Stop the terror- let no liberated town be sacked!!!

Once the AI's have Nationalism, and they enter wartime, they tend to draft themselves into such a hugh "cruel oppression" debt that sacking the city is often the only practical outcome.

Additionally, several people have commented in other threads, that many of the English cities should be relocated for land coverage issues, which is why I asked for direction from the City Planning department.
Old November 13, 2002, 18:38   #9
joncnunn
Emperor

Yes, many English cities should be relocated and some elimated entirely, but I'd prefer it be down via forming every citizen into a worker instead of just 1/2 of them.
Old November 13, 2002, 20:08   #10
roadcage
Prince

Now if someone would just comment on the other "objectives" threads..........
Old November 14, 2002, 12:45   #11
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 10:59
Any offensives we take from now on should be for the complete destruction of the civ we attack.