Old November 15, 2002, 23:43   #1
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 11:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
HoMM III: AB Map
Well, Andemagne, I finally created a map compatible with Armageddon's blade- I would have released it a few weeks earlier, but I've been extensively testing it- testing it over 5 times in the past 2 days alone

I'm now 95% certain that a good player can beat the level... if they go fast enough

So, here it is- Noveno Cycle: Episode V (Winter Storms)

Please enjoy and test!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip nc5.zip (51.2 KB, 3 views)
Old November 16, 2002, 16:29   #2
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

Local Time: 13:07
argh...armageddon's blade...
Old November 18, 2002, 12:41   #3
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

I'll download it as soon as I get home.
Old November 18, 2002, 23:16   #4
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Thanks Andemagne!

Trajanus- I tried crafting it with the original- but there was too much text to scale down- perhaps next time.

For those interested- the style is sort of like Timothy Duncan's 'novel-stories' but it also contains elements of strategic challenges- namely the showdown with Munchausen... then saving enough troops to battle the Island! And saving enough for the nasty surprises that soon follow the Island
Old November 23, 2002, 15:30   #5
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

tried it a little on the other day.
some of those resource heaps are unaccessible.
that hero starts this scen. on level 1, is this your intention?
Old November 23, 2002, 21:52   #6
DarkCloud
staff

Yes, that is the intention... If you are refering to the resource heaps to the East at the very beginning of the map- ingore them- they are for aesthetics; although you CAN access them in Chapter II... but you won't want to or need to

-
After you have your first battle- you'll see why he's on level one- I let him level up to level 6 with battle #1... He's around Level 10 midway through the game and can get up to 15, I assume, by the end.

How far are you so far?

Any other possible bugs?

Should I start with an event gifting Icharus with some experience? Especially since Icharus IS a Lord Captain High Commander, or does the present suffice?

Thank you
Old November 24, 2002, 19:21   #7
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 07:07
NOt sure what happened tomy post, but any way I will give this a shot soon.
Old November 24, 2002, 19:41   #8
DarkCloud
staff

Thanks!

Good luck!
Old November 24, 2002, 20:37   #9
vmxa1
Deity

DarkCloud I seem to have been trapped. The quest barrier says I need the dragon vial to pass. I do not see any passage to get out of the catacomb that leads to that spot. I could not get at a couple of derelect ships. I got to the sword and the wizards did I miss something? Timed maps are not my strong points as I like to see and capture everything.
Old November 24, 2002, 20:38   #10
vmxa1
Deity

I will try again tomorrow as I am still loaded down with drugs from my operation.
Old November 25, 2002, 13:22   #11
DarkCloud
staff

Catacombs go underground? I'll have to test that as soon as I get home- I was just using it for decoration...

As for the derelict ships- yes, at least 2 were supposed to be unreachable.

To find the dragon's vial of blood- follow the scholar of the sea's directions.

Perhaps I didn't make the directions clear enough... but you have to go East. (Were the directions clear? Or were you just skipping the text [which is understandable... I typed too much ])

I'll check the catacomb problem!

Thanks!
Old November 25, 2002, 17:21   #12
Rasbelin
Emperor

I will try the scenario tomorrow as I have HoMM3 AG.
Old November 25, 2002, 23:15   #13
DarkCloud
staff

Okay, I moved over one of the derelict ships- so it is now accessable... good for version II.

As for the catacombs? Are you referring to the Mummy dwelling?

The number one thing about this map is speed... the enemy accumulates horrid numbers if you aren't fast... you can afford to dawdle sometimes- and getting the sword was a good idea- but don't dawdle too much

vmxa- if you have SOD I have some SOD maps that reward exploration- but here, the exploration is to divert you... sometimes it rewards, but other times you may curse me for the diversions... especially one especially nasty diversion Remember- you are the only person who can guide Icharus to receive the tome of earth magic and save the Empire of Noveno from destruction!

-
Thanks Rasbelin!
Old November 26, 2002, 19:30   #14
DarkCloud
staff

Okay- I have fixed several mentioned problems-

*Version 1.0.1 fixes:
-Day 1 Event Added Explaining Mission.
-Made 2 Ships Accessable.
-Added Some driftwood and rocks.
-Allowed Landfall on the Westernmost tip of the Island.
-1 Day added to Seer's Time Request.
-Shield of Dwarven Lords/Decoration/Event added on Baron Munchausen's Island.
-Added Readmefile

Therfore- there is now more time to explore, and more to explore!

Here's the updated zip file!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip nc-5.zip (52.7 KB, 2 views)
Old November 27, 2002, 18:12   #15
vmxa1
Deity

Sorry I used the wrong term, I was saying the it did not see any avenues to try to go anyplace that would further the game. IOW all directions were dead ended at some point. I know that can;t be correct. I had just gotten out of the hospital and may have had too much junk in my system for clear thinking. I will try the new one in a few days, as I am running through MM6 right now.
Old November 27, 2002, 21:00   #16
DarkCloud
staff

Okay- well I hope that your surgery went all right and that you recover well!

...Be assured that there is an avenue!

Good luck!

And have a good day

---
In other news- Inspiration struck yesterday as I was reading these posts and I decided the make the game less linear: thus version 1.5.0

*Version 1.5.0 fixes:
-Added Southern Pirates
-4 New Islands!
-Now there is an alternative path to defeat the mission
-1 new enemy added
-2 new quest guards
-black market added
-updated Readmefile with # of enemies
Old November 27, 2002, 21:04   #17
DarkCloud
staff

Sorry- the attachment didn't work... here's it again-
Attached Files:
File Type: zip nc-5.zip (54.3 KB, 3 views)
Old December 5, 2002, 21:54   #18
DarkCloud
staff

So... How's the testing going?
Old December 7, 2002, 14:48   #19
Andemagne
King

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud
So... How's the testing going?
well to be honest DC, your map is little boring.
maybe its me, I have played this game little bit too much.....
Old December 7, 2002, 15:50   #20
Rasbelin
Emperor

"No comments." - Rasbelin, tester
Old December 9, 2002, 13:19   #21
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:
well to be honest DC, your map is little boring.
maybe its me, I have played this game little bit too much.....

So, did you want a battle map instead of a story map? Or is the story boring?
Are that battles not interresting enough?
How far are you into the story- are you at chapter II yet?
Old December 10, 2002, 05:41   #22
Andemagne
King

I was waiting for a story map, this is a campaing after all. not reached chapter 2 yet.
Old December 10, 2002, 10:18   #23
DarkCloud
staff

Is the story not showing?
There is a lot of text... although I'm not sure it will show- It should however... is that the problem?

Have you reached the Seer of the Sea yet?

Have you reached Munchausen yet?
Old December 14, 2002, 18:54   #24
Andemagne
King

gone past seer of the sea, but not munchhausen.
right next to isle of wizards there is this tiny island with only seers hut on it. its abandoned. I had knowledge 7 when first entered it. is there something wrong?
and could not pass that quest gate to the south 'cos I didn't have vial of dragon blood, but it was no where to be found... is there something wrong?

but otherwise well made scenario this far. there are somethings in it that I did not know was aple to be made.
Old December 14, 2002, 20:24   #25
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:
right next to isle of wizards there is this tiny island with only seers hut on it. its abandoned. I had knowledge 7 when first entered it. is there something wrong?
and could not pass that quest gate to the south 'cos I didn't have vial of dragon blood, but it was no where to be found... is there something wrong?
Ah, that's your problem... you ran out of time; you had to visit the seer before your crew died... remember the information about "I think we only have 3 days left" ? Well, you were too late... the game's beginning has time for you to waste 4-5 days... but not much more; thus, you can get the sword, but you can't afford to do much else wandering.

That's why I made the immediacies about finiding the Seer of the Sea...

In version 1.0.1 I added 1 extra day to the mission...
Perhaps I should add another if too many people are having this problem, but I thought it was clear... oh well.
Sometimes, the designer thinks things will be too ideal- and therefore makes his game unplayable

Anyways, since you'll have to restart, I made another patch and wish you good luck!

*Version 1.5.1 fixes:
-2 New Islands!
-Much more Scenery!
-Epilogue Written!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip nc-5.zip (55.5 KB, 0 views)
Old December 14, 2002, 20:40   #26
Andemagne
King

I think it'll be a while before I can retry 'cos I have final exams next week and then I'm leaving for xmas holiday.
but thanks anyway.
Old January 30, 2003, 23:59   #27
DarkCloud
staff

...So...are you ready now?

Old February 1, 2003, 18:35   #28
Andemagne
King

maybe I could give it a go some evening.
Old February 2, 2003, 15:43   #29
DarkCloud
staff

Okay. Thank you. Good luck!
Old February 8, 2003, 18:05   #30
DarkCloud
staff

Well, I added a strategy guide for those who don't have time to read everything!

And updated to version 1.5.4

*Version 1.5.4 fixes: (02/02/03)
-Fixed Purple/Players access to the secret valley
-Limited Purple Pirates to the southern areas by placing a gems toll
-Added Pirates' Cove

*Version 1.5.3 fixes: (20/01/03)
-Copyright Notice Added

*Version 1.5.2 fixes: (20/12/02)
-Various Minor Tweaks
-ULCG (Unlimited Creature Growth) on Celestion Isle remedied
-ULCG for medusas checked.
-The Pirates are now more likely to be limited in scope
-Whirlpool Problems Fixed
-Strategy Guide Added
Attached Files:
File Type: zip nc5.zip (57.5 KB, 0 views)