Old November 25, 2002, 14:13   #61
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 12:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I need the bonus now otherwise Franit Empire is toast
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old November 25, 2002, 17:38   #62
Jules
Warlord

Local Time: 06:07
Would you like Bilberschnook to start buying some of your state companies, Franit? It can be arranged.
Old November 25, 2002, 18:51   #63
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Buy whatever you want but do it damn quickly lol
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old November 25, 2002, 22:04   #64
Caesar the Great
Emperor

so far i have 41 corporations in my enterprise, about 1/3 of which are services

i've been doing some quality and efficency upgrades on my more successful corporations, i'm also looking for some trade agreements if anyone is willing.

i have corporations in a wide variety of industries (except defense)

Hypercompuglobalmeganet is the name

PM me if you want to set up some trade contracts
Old November 26, 2002, 00:14   #65
DRoseDARs
lifer
Spore
Emperor

Local Time: 04:07
Kropotkin,
Just noticed that you built a new corporation in SeaSide View. Thank you for the vote of confidence. I'm still tryin' to get rid of these damn 50B and 60B loans (33 Billion in interest payments/year ) that the computer keeps taking out. Grr. Income cannot be in the negatives blah blah blah, stuff like that. I would much rather build my country's economy slowly without incuring huge loans, but the computer seems to get sadistic pleasure from getting new loans just as I pay off the old ones. Got down to 40B in loans once, but now up to 220B. Grrrr....

Oh well, I'm playing with my budget, building new corporations, bombing schools and hospitals, all trying to lower my expenses. Once I'm steadily back in the black without those damned acursed loans, I'll rebuild. Funny how in the game ranking system I'm labled as an 'Experienced' player...

Anyway, thanks again.
PM David Rose of SeaSide View
DRoseDARs of Apolyton

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.
Old November 26, 2002, 07:55   #66
Jules
Warlord

Franit,

Set the price of your household products to 25% above market since there's a shortage right now. I'm also bidding on one of those companies currently. If you do that it'll increase their market value and you'll get a higher bid for them.
Old November 26, 2002, 08:13   #67
Kropotkin
Emperor

Local Time: 13:07
Franit; I've misspelled your empires name on the list I have of apolyton states so I couldn't find it. Now I've corrected it and as you seems to have quite a surplus of quality labour I'll look up your empire first the next time I build something. Even if I think that'll be a while since I want to pay of some debts first.
Old November 27, 2002, 00:55   #68
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 22:07
Franit, put your tax rate up to about 80% or 90% for a single month. It will suck money out of all the corporations (state and private), and allow you to get out of a bit of debt. I got about 7B $E rather than my usual 4B $E. Of course, this isn't the best thing for your corporations, but desperate times call for desperate measures. And one month shouldn't kill them.
Old November 28, 2002, 10:06   #69
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Whoa that was the most precious advice I ever received

I was able to pay back half of my debts and now I got back in the top 1000 as well

Thanks!

Asher on molly bloom
Old November 28, 2002, 17:33   #70
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

BTW I don't think you can put salaries down?

Asher on molly bloom
Old November 28, 2002, 18:19   #71
Sandman
King

Sure you can, just put in negative numbers: -3
Old November 28, 2002, 18:20   #72
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Yes, I'm SO stupid

Asher on molly bloom
Old November 28, 2002, 21:35   #73
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Glad to see it helped.
Old November 28, 2002, 22:21   #74
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Yes it did

But what I really need is getting a good loan under 10%.. any suggestions?

Asher on molly bloom
Old November 28, 2002, 22:54   #75
Vesayen
King

Local Time: 07:07
Re: Please join me on the Island of Pegersus @ Simcountry.com
Quote:
Originally posted by DRoseDARs
For anyone interested in playing the Simcountry game I will provide a gift certificate worth $20Billion in-game money. The way this works is I send you an invitation through Simcountry.com to your email (or there is the option of snail-mail...I don't think so ). After they have seen that your account (FREE in three of the four worlds) has been relatively active for up to a month (you actually login to your account, keeping it active on a semi-regular basis...not just signing up and forgeting about it for a month) they will allow you to validate your certificate. Once this is done, your country will be given the $20B into its economy to be used as you see fit. On their website it says you can play this game by logging in for just a few minutes every day or two and that would be considered and active account. I've checked mine every day so far...

I'm currently located in White Giant (free world), Virgina Bella (continent in western hemisphere), Pegersus (region on the east coast of the continent), SeaSide View (northern-most country of the island).

There are a few unclaimed countries in my area and at least two other 'Poly populated Federations on White Giant, both of whom have extended invitations to me to join their federations, so I am in good diplomatic standing with both of them currently. Though, you can only part of ONE federation at a time. No dual citizenship.

My goal is to make a mostly solid block of Apolyton members in the region to provide a stable, friendly environment for our own federation (well...a third federation in that world, but more densely clumped together). No federation or rules established yet, those can come later. Right now it's pretty informal; just looking for friendly 'Poly neighbors.

Please PM me here on Apolyton and provide me an email address I can send the Invitation/gift certificate to. I'm new at this, so there is a possiblity of mistakes, but please be patient with me. Their system is a little confused...

I know Skanky Burns has already expressed interest in joining me in Pegersus region...any other takers?
I'll sign up tommorow! Link to the site?
Old November 29, 2002, 00:44   #76
DRoseDARs
lifer
Spore
Emperor

Re: Re: Please join me on the Island of Pegersus @ Simcountry.com
Quote:
Originally posted by Vesayen

I'll sign up tommorow! Link to the site?
http://www.simcountry.com/

Their site is a little disorganized, but you get used to it reasonably quick...

Old November 29, 2002, 02:51   #77
Skanky Burns

/me thinks this is a chance for DRoseDARs to get an additional 20B $E.

I seem to be successful asking for just 10B $E loans at 4% or best offer, and doing that a number of times. Then paying back my higher interest loans immediately. I don't know if your total debt level affects other players giving you loans.
Old November 29, 2002, 03:12   #78
DRoseDARs
lifer
Spore
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
* Skanky Burns thinks this is a chance for DRoseDARs to get an additional 20B $E.

I seem to be successful asking for just 10B $E loans at 4% or best offer, and doing that a number of times. Then paying back my higher interest loans immediately. I don't know if your total debt level affects other players giving you loans.
Uncertain what you're indicating in that first sentence...
But for the others: the more and/or bigger loans you have, the higher your interest rate, up to 15%. Right now I have I believe one $60B and two $50B loans, all at 15% interest, plus a $30B at some lower inerest rate. However, I am finally getting some positive cash flow and should be able to pay off all my loans before too long. I just managed to get rid of a second $60B @ 15% loan. I'm getting there, slowly but surely...

Old November 29, 2002, 03:28   #79
Skanky Burns

If you get someone to join (by giving them an invitation certificate such as you did with me, and I did with my brother) you get an additional 20B $E after a month or two. If you invite Vesayen...
Vesayen gets 20B $E extra too, for being invited.

I know you get higher interest from the world bank the more debt you are in, but I'm not sure if that affects other players who offer loans to the market. I got a 10B #E loan at 4.33%, much lower than my 11% world-bank loans, for instance.

Anyway, its good to hear you are doing well again. I had the biggest stroke of luck today. Yesterday I ordered a new high-tech company, and today I found that it had been built. (All normal so far). But when I went through my companies' trade contracts, I found that suddenly all my corporations needed more high-tech than they used to before. 200,000 more in total.
I'm not sure whether the powers-to-be changed the stats for high-tech services usage, or added a function that made quality upgrades suddenly increase high-tech usage.
Old November 29, 2002, 03:46   #80
DRoseDARs
lifer
Spore
Emperor

SB, I kinda figured you did know, but added that fact into my statement anyway...you know...just in case...
Anyhoo, certificates work BOTH ways? The receiver AND the giver get $20B? Sweeeeet...
Lastly, thanks for that last tidbit. I'm gonna go check my High Tech Services companies and tell them to raise their prices...

Old November 29, 2002, 11:12   #81
Garth Vader
King

Local Time: 05:07
How come nobody is joining the Kebir Blue world?! If anybody wants a nice stable country to put corps in look up "The Dopak Empire" and join up in this world
Old November 29, 2002, 14:40   #82
Sandman
King

IIRC, effectivity upgrades increase the need for high-tech services (and high-tech employees).
Old November 29, 2002, 15:19   #83
Jules
Warlord

Correct, Sandman. Also, quality upgrades require more high tech services.
Old November 29, 2002, 22:16   #84
Sandman
King

Please retract your bid on Toda Services, Jules.
Old November 29, 2002, 22:53   #85
Jules
Warlord

But...but...but...
Old November 30, 2002, 07:52   #86
Skanky Burns

Quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Correct, Sandman. Also, quality upgrades require more high tech services.
Are you sure about that? They didn't seem to a week ago (I wrote lists of all the resources my companies needed, compared them daily), and the documentation does not mention increased high-tech in relation to quality upgrades.

Thanks for the note about checking my salaries. Some of my companies were at 250%, while others were down to 50%

/me puts the automation computer on trial, finds it guilty and sentences it to death.
Hopefully that will reduce my countries needs for shows for a month.
Old November 30, 2002, 08:16   #87
Sandman
King

I've noticed that companies with high salaries are more productive, but generally not enough to warrant the cost.
Old November 30, 2002, 18:31   #88
Jules
Warlord

Sandman:
There doesn't appear to be a way for me to retract my current bid. However, as the market value increases I'll just not raise my bid to match.

Is there any other way Bilberschnook can be of service?
Old November 30, 2002, 18:58   #89
Sandman
King

I'll let you know.
Old November 30, 2002, 20:10   #90
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

He could buy some corps in Franit Empire

Asher on molly bloom