Old November 16, 2002, 22:33   #1
fskrc1
Settler

Local Time: 11:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
PTW-Propagada
Is it just me (UE) or are you not able to do propagada in PTW? I am able to select spy and intiate propagada, but unable to do anything else. Can't select city to do it in. The instructions say you need to have a spy in the city where you want to initiate propagada, but I can't put a spy into any city but the capital. And still I can't initiate propagada.
Old November 17, 2002, 10:11   #2
Catt
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton University
King

Local Time: 04:09
Along the right edge of the espionage screen, in the upper half of the screen, is a listing of cities. In the new espionage interface, you need to: (1) select target civ; (2) select diplo or spy mission; (3) select the mission; (4) select the city (if applicable); (5) select the "mission chances" (i.e., immediately, safely); and (6) select "execute." It's pretty easy to miss a step until you get the hang of it.

Catt
Old November 17, 2002, 11:48   #3
fskrc1
Settler

That is exactly what I'm doing, but it won't let me select a city. they don't highlight or anything, they just stay grayed out and non-available.
Old November 17, 2002, 12:03   #4
Purple
Prince

Local Time: 06:09
I am new to the espionage arena, so I don't have any suggestions for you, fskrc1, but I do have a couple of related question. Are courthouses really that effective in reducing the effect of propaganda? And do they help in fending off other acts of espionage?
Old November 17, 2002, 12:55   #5
Fosse
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4WDG Stratega
King

Local Time: 05:09
fskrc1...
You can't put spies in any city except the capital. Nobody can. Once the capital has a spy the game treats it like you have a spy in every city.

As for being unable to initiate propaganda.... If you already have a spy in the civ you are trying to convert then I don't know what the problem is. If you don't, then you need to have a successful infilitration going before the advanced espionage options become available.
Old November 17, 2002, 13:44   #6
CrONoS
Civ4 SP Democracy GameApolyton UniversityNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 07:09
fskrc1

I'm not sure... but I think you cannot do Propaghanda versus a nation who is governement are Democracy!

Have a nice day!

"Not by force of arms are civilizations held together, but by subtle threads of moral and intellectual principle." - Russell Kirk
Old November 17, 2002, 14:29   #7
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 04:09
Cronos is right. Democratic governments are immune to propaganda attacks:

PAGE 131, Civ3 Manual: "Patriotism and strong democratic traditions make your cities completely immune to propaganda."

So this could be your problem...it's not a bug, but a feature.
Old November 17, 2002, 14:32   #8
Backpack
BtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 05:09
Yeah - This seems to be a bg that crept in with the new espionage screen. in Civ3, You get a message stating that So and So is immune to propaganda because they are in democracy. In PTW, this pop-up is never triggered because you can't get as far along in the process. But since you can't get to the pop-up, there is no subtle hint (Like an icecube to the sleeping) that "Hey, You can't do that".

I got stumped by this too. Has to go to the Army screen to check and yep, low and behold, they were in democracy.

Hope this helps

Kevin
Old November 19, 2002, 23:49   #9
fskrc1
Settler

Thanks
Thanks Kevin, that is it.