no, because it is incomplete 0 0%
no, because write in 0 0%
Write-in 0 0%
Abstain 0 0%
something completely different DBTS is the best! 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 17, 2002, 09:00   #1
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 11:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
second draft: amendment governers
would you pass this amendment!?

remove

Quote:

Director of Energy and Industry:
Has the right of:
*Starting polls to ask the people what there wishes are in his area
*Ordering the commissioner to rushbuild, use money in trades, change worker placements, and move crawlers
*Advising any other part of the government
*Requesting crawlers and buildings with the Director of buildings productions.
*Polling Planetary Council decision on salvaging reactor core
*Polling Planetary Council decisions on Global Trade Pacts

Has the duties of:
*Listing to the will of the people in his area
*Giving his opinion to the director of foreign affairs about any talks, which effect his area, with other factions
*Serving his faction the best he can

This Director is responsible of the treasury expenditures, worker placements, and crawlers.

Director of Terraforming and Colonisation:
Has the right of:
*Ordering the commissioner to move terraformers and colony pods
*Ordering the commissioner to design new TC units, disband old TC units and upgrade current TC units
*Requesting terraformers colony pods, and buildings with the Director of buildings productions.
*Polling Planetary Council decisions on raising and lowering sea levels

Has the duties of:
*Listing to the will of the people in his area

Director of Expansion and Terraforming commands all colony pods and terraformers

Director of Base production:
Has the right of:
*Ordering the commissioner to build buildings and units
*Starting polls about Special Projects

Has the duties of:
*Choosing between various requests made by the directors
*Starting polls about Special Projects
*Listing to the will of the people about the Special Projects
*Posting polls on how our bases should be named
change
Quote:
all rights and duties that are about the planetary councel and put them under the DFA
add
Quote:
[article I]
Director of Interal Affaires:
has the right of:
*mapping out regions in our faction
*advising any governer on how he should run his region
*veto an orders from a governer

has the duties of:
*dividing formers, crawlers and funds over regions in our faction
*making a list of every buildrequest by other director that has to be divided between the regions in our faction

the director of internal affaires is the head of the governers councel

Governers:
have the rights of:
*ordering the commissioner to:
**move formers for his region
**move crawlers for his region
**start buildingqueues for his region
**rush constructions for his region
**move workers
*advising any director that concern his region
*polling for guidelines for his region
[all within the parameters given by the Director of Internal Affaires]

have the duties of:
*carrying out orders from the Director of Internal affaires
*advising the rest of the faction about this region the best he can

May NOT:
give orders in a specific field if the director of Internal affaires uses his veto on the subject.

Governers are assign by the people to take care of a certain region of our faction.

[article II]
governers will be chosen by the people as so!
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old November 17, 2002, 11:07   #2
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Voted no because I don't agree with the DIA's overall veto, too much power IMHO. I think if there was some limit on vetos then yes. That's the only point i disagree with however, otherwise nicely written DBTS.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old November 17, 2002, 11:23   #3
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 07:10
This proposal has my support. The veto is a good balance, IMO, between the need to keep the governors independent and the need to project a unified policy. I'd prefer if there were some method of veto override -- perhaps by a majority vote of the Govrnors' Council. As it is, though, I'm happy to pass this, and let any problems which occur be amended.

An example of when a veto might be necessary is when a Governor decides to rush buy a Secret Project is his region, and the DIA doesn't think the treasury can spare the funds. However, this could be equally prevented by giving a majority of the Governor's council the power to veto, or allowing the DIA to veto and the Council to veto override. In any case, I'm willing to pass this now and amend it later as necessary.
Old November 17, 2002, 11:46   #4
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

i have givin the DIA the power to give every region a portion of the treasury this way the governer cant use any more than that amount this is also the biggest thing that will be vetoed on...governers that use rescources and a like that doesnt fit the general guidelines! maybe i have to put by the DIA that he has to follow the general guidelines of the faction (or something like that) so that we wont get a power mad DIA that we cant empeach! what do you think?
Old November 17, 2002, 11:50   #5
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

I think if you put what happens if the DIA does questionable things and any general guidelines into the amendment, then it looks fine to me.

Also should you put about assigning a budget to each Governor in the amendment too?

Old November 17, 2002, 12:09   #6
DeathByTheSword
King

i already did that!:

DIA has the duties of:
assigning crawlers, formers and funds to the regions!
Old November 17, 2002, 12:58   #7
Drogue
staff

Oh yes.. sorry, read the wrong part (Governors bit )

Old November 17, 2002, 13:33   #8
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 08:10
yes. great work DBTS. i can't see any problems with it

if this passes after 3 days, will it be included in the december term?
Old November 17, 2002, 14:05   #9
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 13:10
I voted yes! I want this amendment to pass as soon as possible, so we can use it for the December term.

My only suggestion would be to include "moving colony pods and polling base locations" to the tasks of the DIA.
Old November 17, 2002, 14:56   #10
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

good idea. right now, it seems that's not anywhere, and it makes sense for the DIA to do it, since it doesn't fall under any specific governorship
Old November 17, 2002, 15:16   #11
DeathByTheSword
King

i will put it in the final draft that i will release tomorrow then after 3 days it can be put in the constitution so that we can vote for DIA and governers for next term.....but how many governers can be chosen is a question that only the DIA can answer bacause of the part that he makes the regions....so after that the DIA has been chosen only after that can we elected governers....or we can elected 5 or 6 governers (if we have enough people) and after that let the DIA make regions and give the people with the most votes a region until all regions have a governer.....
Old November 17, 2002, 16:27   #12
Method
Emperor

so, do we elect the DIA before everyone else, so as not to delay the game (the DIA election starts 3 days before everyone else so that the governors can be elected on time)?

and, is it the DIA's decision to assign whoever he wants to whatever region he wants?
Old November 17, 2002, 17:01   #13
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 13:10
Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
and, is it the DIA's decision to assign whoever he wants to whatever region he wants?
I would suggest every governor candidate gives a list of his three preferred regions to govern. If two governors have the same preference, the one with the most votes gets what he wants.

How will we elect governors anyway? I believe making a poll for every region apart isn't worth it. What about we first determine how many regions we have and then post a multichoice poll with all candidates on one list? Each citizen may then vote on x candidates.
Old November 17, 2002, 18:56   #14
Method
Emperor

that sounds fine, but it would mean we need to elect the DIA a few days beforehand, so as not to delay the game i think
Old November 17, 2002, 18:59   #15
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac

I would suggest every governor candidate gives a list of his three preferred regions to govern. If two governors have the same preference, the one with the most votes gets what he wants.

How will we elect governors anyway? I believe making a poll for every region apart isn't worth it. What about we first determine how many regions we have and then post a multichoice poll with all candidates on one list? Each citizen may then vote on x candidates.
Seems sensible suggestions, I can't think of a better or fairer way.

I don't think we should rush it through though. The thread has already started for nominations, and so it seems a little late to change it all. Listen to the Grolsch man, you can't rush these things

I would say do Midterms for the Governors, because I think people will get tired of so many elections at once, and it means there's already a DIA to designate the regions.

Old November 17, 2002, 19:08   #16
Method
Emperor

so you mean the DIA gets elected at the same time as everyone else, but governors elected in the middle of the term? that way, governors' terms start and end a half-month before everyone? that's a much better idea than mine

if we do that then, i guess we'd elect the cabinet like normal now, plus the DIA, and then the DBP, DIE and DTC can become governors half way through the term, or something
Old November 18, 2002, 05:08   #17
Drogue
staff

Or we could stop the nominations for DBP, DIE and DTC and start one for DIA. Since were pretty sure (looking at the poll standings) that people want a DIA, can we nominate for one now?

Old November 18, 2002, 05:14   #18
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 22:10
If we're going to start this anytime in December (provided this passes), then we'd better get moving.

DBTS - you need to draw up some regions. FAST.

Joeno - you'd better kill the nominations for the three merged positions, and add nominations for DIA...
Old November 18, 2002, 05:21   #19
Drogue
staff

No, IMHO we need to wait until we have a DIA (if Joeno can switch the nominations) and then get them to draw up regions, as per the amendment. That means either elect directors in Midterms or elect them for term 5.

If not then get the elected Commisioner or Alpha Talent to draw up regions, and elect the Governors in Midterms under under the AT, awaiting DIA elections for term 5. That means we don't have a DIA with no Governors (so a hell of a lot of work) and it gives the AT something to do.

Last edited by Drogue; November 18, 2002 at 05:27.
Old November 18, 2002, 13:47   #20
DeathByTheSword
King

we can decide right now how many regions we want not how they look like but if we know how much regions will be made we know how much governers we need!
Old November 18, 2002, 13:57   #21
DeathByTheSword
King

ok i am starting the real amendment question thingy right now!