Old November 19, 2002, 02:08   #1
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Domestic Minister Solution
The constitution says that
(b) Should a Minister not be able to perform his duties, they may be performed by his Vice Minister, a Deputy Minister with specific authority, or the President, in that order.
Well I am the bottom of the chain but on it none the less. In the interest of this game proceeding I will assume the authority of the Domestic Minister until the court resolves the issue. Since Ghengis bowed out and since ET is the only candiate left, I will be relying heavily on his advice and recomendations.
Aggie
Old November 19, 2002, 02:28   #2
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 05:15
A good way to proceed.
Old November 19, 2002, 03:57   #3
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Re: Domestic Minister Solution
Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
In the interest of this game proceeding I will assume the authority of the Domestic Minister until the court resolves the issue.
[not-really-serious.... or-should-I-be?]

So the rumors are true... Aggie really is going to become the first Emperor of Apolyton

Everything seems to going according to plan, if that's the final destination for this succession of events:

- The longstanding monarchy is overthrown in a republican revolution
- The Republic lasts for some time in a "Golden Age", as an ambitious general leads the Republic's armies to victories in foreign lands
- As the "Golden Age" of the Republic begins to fade, the Republic falls into turmoil and more radical republican elements seize power... the masses are far more politicized and the scene is ripe for demagogery...
- The victorious general of many foreign campaigns returns to the capital as the only available and mutually agreeable option for Head of State in the new political climate
- Naive and/or opportunistic members of the elite propose for grand momuments to made for the glory of the returning general as well as supporting him as head of state
- The general begins to assume additional powers as head of state which are typically not associated with the office... he comes to have near dictatorial powers due to "emergency" - temporary, of course!

If things continue on this track, we're only a step away from Napoleon just doing away with the title of "Consul" and crowning himself Emperor

Of course, there are those who may point out that President Aggie may be more the George Washington than the Napoleon or Caesar... but how do we know for sure?

[/not-really-serious.... or-should-I-be?]

Much more seriously:

Sounds workable for at least the first turnchat... you may want to get some additional people to help with those orders... Domestic is essentially the combination of City Planner and Public Works... it might be ok (if both of them are willing) to get E_T to basically do your CP orders and GF to basically do your PW orders (or at least both of them advise) just to cut down on the workload for any one person.

But otherwise, sounds workable We need to keep the game moving.
Old November 19, 2002, 04:25   #4
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 12:15

The Nature hates vacuum !
Old November 19, 2002, 05:02   #5
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:15
Aggie, as Captain of the Guard for the Shadow Service I will pledge every last man to your cause. As Captain of your own personal bodyguard (that IS the Shadow Service pledge) I shall instruct all that we shall make sure to keep out any of those who might seek to usurp your rightful place as 'Emperor' of the Apolytons. Long live the Emperor!!!!

Old November 19, 2002, 05:24   #6
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Re: Re: Domestic Minister Solution
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
- Naive and/or opportunistic members of the elite propose for grand momuments to made for the glory of the returning general as well as supporting him as head of state
I'll steal a page from OPD...

Naive: DAVOUT
Thinks he's being opportunistic, but is actually naive: Meshelic

Old November 19, 2002, 05:50   #7
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Arnelos I mean no offense when I say that your new avatar is very very close to how I pictured you when I read your posts on the forum! Really, no offense. Sweet avatar! It just looks smart, distinguished, and fiendish.
Old November 19, 2002, 05:52   #8
Meshelic
King

I'm not naive!

and I'm not opportunistic!

I resent those statements, especially by a minister!

Old November 19, 2002, 06:02   #9
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
I'm not naive!

and I'm not opportunistic!

I resent those statements, especially by a minister!

Oh, geesh...

You do know, of course, that my comments in this thread on the topic of Aggie declaring himself Emperor, as yours, are entirely role-play...

(I wouldn't even bother to state that if it weren't for the result of the recent Court case...)
Old November 19, 2002, 06:14   #10
Meshelic
King

oh of course Arnelos. I'm just playing along!

which is why I put that last at the end....
Old November 19, 2002, 06:15   #11
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
Arnelos I mean no offense when I say that your new avatar is very very close to how I pictured you when I read your posts on the forum! Really, no offense. Sweet avatar! It just looks smart, distinguished, and fiendish.
Why thank you The distinguished, yet fiendish was the first reason for establishing it. The second has to do with the upcoming PTW Multi-site game... there were some CFCers who came in here to form an embassy a while back that expounded on how great their "Jedi religion" was over there and admonished us for worshiping the g0dZ and the Great Banana... In the spirit of this, that's the second reason for my new Avatar (and the new sig to go with it )
Old November 19, 2002, 06:18   #12
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

Why thank you The distinguished, yet fiendish was the first reason for establishing it. The second has to do with the upcoming PTW Multi-site game... there were some CFCers who came in here to form an embassy a while back that expounded on how great their "Jedi religion" was over there and admonished us for worshiping the g0dZ and the Great Banana... In the spirit of this, that's the second reason for my new Avatar (and the new sig to go with it )
Both reasons are . I remember the Jedi ambassadors, but don't recall whatever happened to them...?
Old November 19, 2002, 09:12   #13
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 05:15
Here's a departing gift, if you can find someone to join you and adopt this avatar.
Attached Images:

Old November 19, 2002, 10:09   #14
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 07:15
Geesh, and some poeple were talking about me taking over the game.

[along the same vein as arnelos]
and he creates the crisis in the first place by having two people place votes to keep the DM race a tie. (you do notice that 2 more people voted for DM than for Prez)

He was unable to do the same with the FAM Race, because it had become too lopsided by the time his minions were ready to move.

He makes strange sacrifices to obcure weather gOdZ from other worlds to send a violent storm to a place called New England

[/along]

I'll get the CP stuff started. GK sounds good for the PW part.

5 turns friday, right?

E_T
Old November 19, 2002, 12:33   #15
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Just think if the Fam vote had also been tied, I could have all but 1 position. I must consider this for next elections.
Aggie
Old November 20, 2002, 02:06   #16
Arnelos
Emperor

Oh, I'm sure you could have come up with something that would allow you to hold on to SMC as well....