Old November 23, 2002, 05:21   #1
SIV
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Does the AI feel stronger when I'm with him???
I am playing as the persians and a few turns ago I declared a war on tiny Japan (now a small island city ) and attacked them (without them attacking me)

The thing is I had MPP with Egypt (half way around the wrold) and the next turn they declare war on thier neighbour England and I was forced into this war (I have just entered democracy)

I'd like to know if Egypt felt stronger because I had an MPP with them and got courege to attack the stronger and more advanced England.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	371.9 KB
ID:	29901  
Old November 23, 2002, 05:48   #2
Ijuin
Prince

Local Time: 20:28
When the AI calculates the relative military strengths of Civs, it counts all of the allied/MPP Civs together as a unit. In other words, if you have a MPP with Egypt, then the AI will add your military strength and Egypt's military strength together into a single value. This means that anybody going to war with one of you is regarded as going up against your combined might. It also means that an AI with whom you have an MPP will regard your strength as being its strength.
Old November 23, 2002, 15:03   #3
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 13:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Ijuin
When the AI calculates the relative military strengths of Civs, it counts all of the allied/MPP Civs together as a unit. In other words, if you have a MPP with Egypt, then the AI will add your military strength and Egypt's military strength together into a single value. This means that anybody going to war with one of you is regarded as going up against your combined might. It also means that an AI with whom you have an MPP will regard your strength as being its strength.
hi ,

and that is also a reason why the AI will be angry with you if you dont help them

have a nice day