Old November 23, 2002, 15:03   #1
Mr. T
Settler

Local Time: 11:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Lets compare the new UUs
I am still quite new to PTW. Here are some of my super prelimenary ideas. Pleas add to them, critique them, lets just talk about these new UUs.

I have liked my Numidian Mercs.

They are praticularly important due to culture-linked starting places giving me the roman legions and persian immortals.

i haven't seen the vikings/scandanavians yet, but the bezerk looks mighty. especially since the next 6 attacking unit dosen't arrive for so long.

ansars, have you guys liked them? the extra movement point must be nice for wreaking havoc, pillaging, attacking etc.

The Siphai also seem to be very strong.

The Korean cannon doesn't strike me as praticularly helpful. You need so much support to benefit from them.

Conquistadors seem to come at a key time. a 3/2/2 available so fast, wow. Expensive though.

I am dissapointed in the Keshik. Really though, why should the mongols have an underpowered mounted unit. Does anyone have nice things to say about this UU?

Gaelic Swordsmen seem pretty decent. Basically like conquistadors right?
Old November 23, 2002, 17:29   #2
player1
Emperor

Local Time: 13:29
Re: Lets compare the new UUs
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. T
The Siphai also seem to be very strong.
Good thing to have something against Infantry before Tanks arrive.

Quote:
The Korean cannon doesn't strike me as praticularly helpful. You need so much support to benefit from them.
You could reason that 2 Hwachas == 1 Artillery with lwoer range.
Now the only probelm is that Seige tactic is not much important before Infantry.

Quote:
Conquistadors seem to come at a key time. a 3/2/2 available so fast, wow. Expensive though.
Yes, Expensive, but if you now right tactic.

Quote:
I am dissapointed in the Keshik. Really though, why should the mongols have an underpowered mounted unit. Does anyone have nice things to say about this UU?
Me too. Yes they are cheper and need to Iron, but that realy not much, for lower defense.

And that mountain ability is little bit too specific.
If they could only add it to Hills too, I could say that it wouldn't be bad UU.

Quote:
Gaelic Swordsmen seem pretty decent. Basically like conquistadors right?
No,
Actully they are worth of thier price.
And your power will be great while loses minimal.

Celts rock!
Old November 23, 2002, 19:09   #3
NeoStar
Warlord

Local Time: 21:29
Re: Lets compare the new UUs
Quote:
I'm glad Firaxis made them expensive, these things are lethal. Have decent production when they become available and located in tough terrain (which is often) you have no excuse not to become dominant.

For an early unit to move like Modern Armour is amazing. Favourite hands down.
"Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)
Old November 23, 2002, 20:03   #4
player1
Emperor

Local Time: 13:29
Re: Re: Lets compare the new UUs
[QUOTE] Originally posted by NeoStar

I'm glad Firaxis made them expensive, these things are lethal. Have decent production when they become available and located in tough terrain (which is often) you have no excuse not to become dominant.

Quote:
Originally posted by NeoStar
For an early unit to move like Modern Armour is amazing. Favourite hands down.
That's Rider and Ansar.

Conquistador is twice more quicker in enemy terrain (6 vs 3)and not so quick at frienldy roads (6 vs 9).