Old December 8, 2002, 11:12   #31
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 12:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
No one else read this yet?

Its very funny,
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old December 8, 2002, 11:45   #32
unscratchedfoot
Prince

Local Time: 20:31
Thanks for your support Chrisius. I had another action-packed story all planned out about Bush going to Hong Kong and getting mixed up with the triad, but there isn't any interest here at all. Maybe I'll try posting it on civfanatics and see if people like it.
Old December 8, 2002, 12:58   #33
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 05:31
Now, now, scratchy, I've said it many times and I'll say it again: much more people read your story than actually comment. I, for one, read this last installment right after you posted it. It is very funny. Sorry, I should have commented right away.

Remember what success your last story was, when you finished it? And that taking into consideration that Chrisius and I were pretty much the only people who commented as the story went on. Recall how much more people started commenting when the story was done! Maybe it's just that some people would just like to comment on a finished story?

As for the fanatics, of course, I am not the one to be telling you where to post stories. But you have been to those forums, didn't you notice how much less feedback people give there? Just take the last finished story by skilord. I think there was only one or two comments on that story. And that taking into consideration that it had a lot of chapters. So, I don't think anybody can actually get more feedback on that board than on this.

All in all, please go on, I am sure a lot of people would be disappointed if you leave this one unfinished.
Spore page
Old December 8, 2002, 13:10   #34
unscratchedfoot
Prince

Vova, this story's not an issue. It is pretty much already finished, except for a short speech at the UN I'm going to add on where Bush talks about the situation with Iraq.

As for civfanatics, I haven't looked at that site for months and don't know what's going on there. I just figured the readers there are a young bunch, mostly teenagers, and dig action stories. I don't know if I'll ever log on there again though.
Old December 8, 2002, 16:07   #35
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Local Time: 06:31
LOL

Great job, scratch. Keep it up.

How did that feel American pig? ... Running sounds... boom! Thump... kapow! Where do you want it next muslim scum!?

Old December 8, 2002, 17:52   #36
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

This is great stuff! You give up too easily, Unscratched, this stuff holds my interest
Old December 10, 2002, 08:47   #37
unscratchedfoot
Prince

Last edited by unscratchedfoot; January 16, 2003 at 07:02.
Old December 10, 2002, 12:48   #38
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Very nice story, Scratchy. Though it is a little disappointing that Bush is doing essentially whatever he wants with the UN (what's with beating the representatives?), but that is not without a certain degree of truth.

Once again, quite an entertaining piece of writing. Looking forward to another one from you. (I wish I could be as productive, too )
Spore page
Old December 10, 2002, 13:59   #39
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Another sterling effort from our Elvis a son of the Iroquois aka Squarking Turkey aka unscratchedfoot.

Well done on a superb and very funny story.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old December 10, 2002, 19:32   #40
unscratchedfoot
Prince

Thanks for reading my story you two. I hope more people will have a look at it. Vova, you're right about the beating. I went a bit too far off the beaten path there. Please have a look at the edited version of that incident in the last installment. It should fit better with the story now.
Old December 10, 2002, 19:36   #41
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Nice, scratch. Powerful ending, too. Congratulations on a story well written.
Old December 12, 2002, 02:22   #42
vovan
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by unscratchedfoot
I went a bit too far off the beaten path there.
Heh, was that an intended pun?

Quote:
Originally posted by unscratchedfoot
Please have a look at the edited version of that incident in the last installment. It should fit better with the story now.

Yup, now the beating makes much more sense. Great job with the whole story, scratch. Although I thought the beatings would continue untill the morale improv... I mean till the Christmas, since this is a Christmas story. And you are done already. Any way, thumbs up one this one.
Spore page
Old December 12, 2002, 03:21   #43
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Its worse than leaving the beaten path vovan its more like Elvis has left the building, he hasnt posted for quite some time. Im not sure SKILORD is telling it straight you know its not like him to be so quiet.

I think Ive caught this habitual tendency to have wacky thoughts from our scratch.
Old December 12, 2002, 03:45   #44
unscratchedfoot
Prince

There's nothing like a good, sensible beating is there? And yeah, that pun was intended vova. Thanks for pointing out the problem.

Now I'm toying with the idea of starting another Bush adventure. It takes place in Hong Kong with lots of funny happenings and cool fights. The name of the story is "Bush versus The Tower". If the story is a go, I will try to write it as realistically as possible. This means that Bush may not have the skills to go toe-to-toe with a high-level martial artist, but he would be relying on his formidable tactical abilities, as he did in this story, to even out the playing field.

I wonder what Bush himself would reckon if he read my stories about him? Would INTERPOL be sent after me or would he proclaim me a national hero who combats the evil of tyranny in the world through writing? After all, he is the good guy in my stories, isn't he? And the good guy always wins (or at least gets an A for effort).
Old December 12, 2002, 11:37   #45
G_Reaper
Settler

Local Time: 11:31
Old December 12, 2002, 13:50   #46
vovan
Emperor

Heh, Bush would publicly shake your hand on national television, and say something ... wacky.

I also just realized something. Bush is a texan, right, and the whole action of the story (well, almost) takes place in Texas. So now, how come there is not a single "Yeehaw" exclamation there? Don't edit this story, of course, but in the next one, when Bush pairs up against some Hong Kong master for a Jackie Chan style fight, his kiai* should be yeehaw

--------------------------
* Yes, I know kiai is japanese, but still
Spore page
Old December 13, 2002, 21:35   #47
unscratchedfoot
Prince

Maybe, but yeehaw is definitely not a fighting word and I'm trying to make the fights as realistic as possible (you may not believe this but if you read the fights carefully you will see they're all quite normal). Yeehaw is when them southerners are doing something thrilling like driving their 4x4's through the country tearing up the terrain, not while being beaten like a KKK member attending a Malcolm X remembrance party.
Old December 13, 2002, 21:44   #48
vovan
Emperor

Hmm... You are correct, of course, unscratchedfoot. But I was thinking if one of 'them southerners' was beating up someone easily, that would be something thrilling for him, don't you think? And yes, I do find that there is nothing extrodinary in your fights (or rather in the fights you decscribe )
Spore page
Old December 14, 2002, 18:16   #49
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Hey Scratchy have you missed me?
Old December 15, 2002, 02:55   #50
steamthunk
Chieftain

Well I finally finished reading this. Would have liked to have seen someone actually win the fight, but it was funny nonetheless.
Old December 15, 2002, 04:03   #51
unscratchedfoot
Prince

Chris, I think that ban was uncalled for and likely the result of someone we know sending off some pm's.

Steamthunk, yeah, technically Saddam did win the game but the camera footage didn't include the final tag as he was going down because Bush was blocking the view. It is unfortunate that the uncertainty over Iraq will continue but its realistic isn't it? It also leaves the door open for future real news-related incidents so the stories will be closely related to reality.
Old December 15, 2002, 10:19   #52
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 11:31
I liked it, we should decide everything through tag matches.
Old December 16, 2002, 23:37   #53
unscratchedfoot
Prince

I agree. The world would be a better place if disagreements were settled by playing tag. No more terrorism, sanctions, nuclear arms races, riots, territorial disputes etc...
Old December 16, 2002, 23:51   #54
Easthaven I
Prince

LOL, this was a cool story. I'll be waiting for Bush VS the Tower!

Three thumbs up!

One more for the expected Bush vs the Tower episode!

TOTAL:
Old December 17, 2002, 03:28   #55
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Scratch youre spot on mate if the English government played tag wed see them get a lot more done than with all the endless gasbagging all those MP's get up to,
Old December 17, 2002, 05:06   #56
unscratchedfoot
Prince

Thanks easthaven.

Chris, that sounds a lot like Canada and Japan. I guess politics are pretty much the same in every country.
Old December 24, 2002, 10:07   #57
unscratchedfoot
Prince

This is just a note that another story follows this one: "Powell's Happy Christmas Party"

Last edited by unscratchedfoot; December 25, 2002 at 01:19.