Old December 25, 2002, 15:51   #301
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
For appetisers, however, here's a pic from the infamous [cue dramatic music] Basement!

On the left is the computer screen (with Poly open, of course ), next to that is my telly, then there's my faithful PSX standing on it's side between the tv set and the computer. Between the computer and the wall is my brand new CD rack.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	basement01.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	32512  
Old December 25, 2002, 15:52   #302
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

And yes, that thing on the wall is...
Old December 25, 2002, 15:54   #303
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Err, I guess a post with a picture would be more informative.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	techtree.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	32513  
Old December 25, 2002, 16:14   #304
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 13:33
The Basement.

One of the three in the Suomithreadi's holy trinity: the Basement, Hammu and Stefu.
Old December 25, 2002, 17:40   #305
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 11:33
wow so that is the basement cool.....anyways ras what the --->[insert word here]<--- are you doing in the ACDG forum? i tought you didnt like DG?

anyways ras take a xenorose and some xenocoffee and happy cristmas to everone
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old December 25, 2002, 19:29   #306
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 08:33
why, he's seeing the picture of the the poorly lit basement

and kass...why do you have the SMAC tech tree on your wall? do you even *play* SMAC anymore . i used to have the civ2 tech tree on my wall, but upon the rearranging of the computer room, and subsequent uninstalling of civ2, it became quite useless, and i finally tore it down a few months ago my SMAX tree will have to do in the drawer next to me, i'm afraid
Old December 25, 2002, 19:33   #307
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Merry Christmas to all

To mark my first 'Poly Christmas, I have brought out a new, refined Xenorose. It's deep red, with little white flecks snow (that don't show up on the pic ) and creates a 'festive' feeling amounst users

Like the basement Kass I thought my desk had too much electic stuff

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Last edited by Drogue; December 25, 2002 at 19:42.
Old December 25, 2002, 19:46   #308
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
I thought my desk had too much electic stuff
well some of those are attached to kass himself...that's how he gets his food without ever leaving the computer, you know.
Old December 25, 2002, 20:07   #309
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Wait till it's morning and I open the curtains. I won't turn to dust, but I'll be able to take pictures of my high end stereo system. Some more pics of The Basement as well, you still haven't seen my wall-long desk, my book shelves or my criminally wide bed.

Quote:
hat's how he gets his food without ever leaving the computer, you know
Actually, I use the radiation of the computer screen as a source of energy.

Quote:
and kass...why do you have the SMAC tech tree on your wall? do you even *play* SMAC anymore
What an outrageous claim!

I'll install it as soon as it will fit amongst all the anime...

Quote:
I thought my desk had too much electic stuff
I have four 70W speakers around me, those are hooked to an amplifier below the desk. Below the amplifier is my old CD stereo player which I've stopped using for now since mp3s played from the computer through a Winamp plugin sound so much better. My printer is not working but it's on the desk too, I used to have a joystick but now it's in the drawer. Then there's my old broken laptop and it's peripherals, those in the drawer, then there're of course the computer, the TV and the PS. The mess of wires below and infront of the desk are, as you can imagine, huge.
Old December 25, 2002, 20:28   #310
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Like it

I've got a pretty decent sound system. A fantastic amp, with more power than I'll ever need (I had a party, the volume didn't get above 1/3, and it was very loud!) connected to my CD player, computer and DVD player. I managed to get my hands on some handmade walnut speakers too, they sound so good
Sorry, I'll shut up now, bit of an audio nut

It's fantastic (or at least I think so) but I had to work my whole summer to afford it. Worth it though

Old December 25, 2002, 20:43   #311
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I'm just leeching off from my dad. He bought these speakers (they're Finnish, the casings are wood and they're handmade ) and the amp nearly 20 years ago for the price of a small car. He said to me that I've got the best audio system in the house, albeit our living room has a home theatrish sort of arrangement.

Anyways, off to bed now...
Old December 26, 2002, 02:07   #312
Drogue
staff

Has anyone had a look at Nation States? It was posted on the OT forums a while ago, and we have just set up an Apolyton region, if anyone wants to join. Basically, you start your own country, and then choose it's path via decisions on issues presented to you.

Old December 26, 2002, 02:16   #313
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 22:33
I've just been looking through it, and it looks pretty interesting...
Old December 26, 2002, 02:31   #314
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

btw, Drogue, the CoA link in your sig doesn't work.
Old December 26, 2002, 03:57   #315
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I founded the Free Republic of Greater Finland yesterday; I already moved to the region of Evangelion, but I suppose I'll have to pack up my stuff again.
Old December 26, 2002, 04:26   #316
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Check out 'The Disputed Territories of the Mad Capitan' - the minimum income tax rate is 54%
Old December 26, 2002, 05:36   #317
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 21:33
I'm joining up - I'll be in the Pacific region, in the Republic of Karakas.
Old December 26, 2002, 05:51   #318
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 21:33
Update - I've moved to Apolyton. Don't ask how, as I don't really understand the process myself but you've got a new neighbor homeboys!
Old December 26, 2002, 05:54   #319
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/...ion=lemmington

Quote:
The Dictatorship of Lemmington
"Shrivel and Die!"

UN Category: Psychotic Dictatorship
Civil Rights: Rare Economy: Struggling Political Freedoms: Outlawed

The Dictatorship of Lemmington is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 5 million are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 53%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Trout Farming.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Lemmington's national animal is the ghoul, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the skeleton bone.
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old December 26, 2002, 05:59   #320
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Old December 26, 2002, 06:00   #321
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Quote:
This is the place to move your nation from one region to another. A fleet of military-grade choppers will fly in and physically transport Lemmington to a better location.

i'm also in Apolyton now....you sure you want a dictator like me as your neighbour
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old December 26, 2002, 06:01   #322
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

As long as your secret police keep their noses out of my business, I don't much care.
Old December 26, 2002, 10:35   #323
Method
Emperor

Quote:
The Dominion of Tea Kaygia is a tiny, pleasant nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape . Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often

The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 14% . A small but healthy private sector is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry.

Crime is moderate, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate . Tea Kaygia's national animal is the fire-breathing guhmtelfitrickber and its currency is the kaygian dollar.
Old December 26, 2002, 12:27   #324
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
The Commonwealth of Jedinica Vrijstaat
"Contraria sunt Complementa."

UN Category: Capitalist Paradise
Civil Rights: Average Economy: Very Strong Political Freedoms: Below Average

The Commonwealth of Jedinica Vrijstaat is a tiny, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 5 million are either ruled by a small, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

The small government juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Law & Order, and Commerce. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6%. A large private sector is led by the Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports industries.

Crime is a serious problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Jedinica Vrijstaat's national animal is the eagle and its currency is the concordian.
That's like the opposite of what I wanted... I'll have to do a whole lot of reforms to get what I want, so it seems.
Old December 26, 2002, 12:35   #325
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 12:33
Well that Christmas over. Got a Citizen Kane DVD amazingly amongst the prezzies.
Old December 26, 2002, 13:51   #326
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Trout Farming.
Greater Finland farms trouts too, though, so you won't have a monopoly.
Old December 26, 2002, 18:46   #327
Method
Emperor

maniac, a corporate police state now?

MWIA (assuming he's terminal dogma) 's national animal is the japanese schoolgirl, which frollics freely in the many lush forests....
Old December 26, 2002, 18:50   #328
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Actually, I think Terminal Dogma belongs to mrmitchell.
Old December 26, 2002, 19:10   #329
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Yes, it's mitchie's. I did suggest the name.

My national animal was the Japanese schoolgirl first
Old December 26, 2002, 20:05   #330
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
maniac, a corporate police state now?
I must have misinterpretated some question about cameras and ID cards. I have the feeling I'll need a whole lot of reforms and issues before I can become socialist and have an income tax of at least 50% or so.

Btw, GeneralTacticus, aren't you the Republic of Centralis? How the hell did you end up as a left-wing utopia?!?