Old January 26, 2003, 15:03   #481
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 11:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I see it fine too. I don't know where everyone's gone, but it is rather disconcerting.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old January 26, 2003, 15:54   #482
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 13:33
In about twenty posts the Recreation Commons Complex in New Apolyton will have to be closed temporarily for renovation works. A fourth floor will be added due to increasing succes. Currently on the first floor there is the bar. On the second floor is a network node with Virtual World connection, which connects all the rec commons of all bases together and where you can meet anyone present in other rec commons over the entire faction. On the third floor is the Hologram Theatre. Now is my question: what should be added on the fourth floor? Suggestions are welcome.
Old January 26, 2003, 16:11   #483
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 08:33
shows up fine kass.

as for the 4th floor...a uhm, paradise garden? a bunch of empaths/doctors?
Old January 26, 2003, 16:22   #484
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:33
At least the name of the thread should be...

The Recreation Commons - Fit the Fourth: Lounging with Lal

Oh, I get the avatar fine now, thanks

Last edited by Kassiopeia; January 26, 2003 at 16:27.
Old January 26, 2003, 16:27   #485
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Paradise Garden at the top, whenever we think it will be the last floor. You could do a club room, with the jukebox, massive hi-fi system, live gigs, DJs etc.?

Old January 26, 2003, 16:29   #486
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

And what about that anime theatre we discussed in the beginning of the Rec Commons? The Evangelion DVD box set and a high-end video theatre with appropriate players and I'm more than satisfied.
Old January 26, 2003, 16:36   #487
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
as for the 4th floor...a uhm, paradise garden? a bunch of empaths/doctors?
So a medical or a psychriatic care centre in our rec commons? Perhaps. Then drunk people from the bar can immediately go to the doctor to get some magic sobering medicine.

I agree with Drogue though about the paradise garden. We shouldn't make one before we can in-game.

Quote:
You could do a club room, with the jukebox, massive hi-fi system, live gigs, DJs etc.?
Ah yes. That would fit perfectly with Hercules' jukebox thread.

Quote:
anime theatre
Aren't animes already shown in the Hologram Theatre two days of the week?
Old January 26, 2003, 16:41   #488
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Quote:
ren't animes already shown in the Hologram Theatre two days of the week?
Yes, and it is corrupting our children, down with anime!
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old January 26, 2003, 16:46   #489
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Maniac: Evangelion has never been produced in holoformat. It's incompatible with the systems there.

Lemmy: If what anime does to our children is by your standards "corruption", then let them be corrupted! Besides, you're evil, if you're condemning anime, it must be non-evil.
Old January 26, 2003, 17:00   #490
Lemmy
King

Quote:
Lemmy: If what anime does to our children is by your standards "corruption", then let them be corrupted! Besides, you're evil, if you're condemning anime, it must be non-evil.
Well, as a Finn you're evil by default, so don't try and take the moral high ground here
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Old January 26, 2003, 23:52   #491
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 08:33
Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
So a medical or a psychriatic care centre in our rec commons? Perhaps. Then drunk people from the bar can immediately go to the doctor to get some magic sobering medicine.
/me shrugs
all i know is that they produce psych

and kass: he's got you there

but that brings up an interesting point: if lemmy is evil, thus by condemning anime, it must be non-evil. however, if kass is evil (by being a finn) by commending it, it must be evil aswell. Thus, anime is both evil, and non-evil?
/me 's head explodes due to confusion.
Old January 27, 2003, 04:38   #492
Kassiopeia
Emperor

"Anime is both evil and non-evil"

There's some very evil anime, like obnoxious hentai, out there, but there's lots of non-evil anime too...

And Lemmy, I was taking a higher groung moral-wise I wasn't accusing you of being evil, but the dilemma of my evilness and the non-evilness is true.

Can't we just let it be? I mean, Xenobrew is pretty evil too
Old January 27, 2003, 05:16   #493
Lemmy
King

Aaww....everyone is getting evil nowadays....it's not fun anymore, i wanna be a beautiful and unique snowflake!
Old January 27, 2003, 05:19   #494
Drogue
staff

But can an evil person not condemn an evil act? Bush is evil, but he condemns Saddam as evil. Saddam is evil, but he condemns the West (and in particular, Bush) as evil.

Besides, being a Finn ( ) surely outranks being Lemmy in the great ladder of evilness How could someone who has an avatar of a bouncing druggie be evil
Spoiler:
Must smoke Xenoroses

Old January 27, 2003, 05:21   #495
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Aaww....everyone is getting evil nowadays....it's not fun anymore, i wanna be a beautiful and unique snowflake!
Then be good. That'll be so shocking that it'll scare everyone sh*tless

Old January 27, 2003, 05:33   #496
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Drogue is right. But... A good Lemmy, what has the world gone into Down the drain I say. Of course, non-evil Finns is an even more ridiculous thought.

And true, Bush is evil, so if I'm evil, so I can evaluate the evilness or lack thereof. They are just different sorts of evil
Old January 27, 2003, 07:52   #497
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 22:33
Quote:
Now is my question: what should be added on the fourth floor? Suggestions are welcome.
Ummm... a Tree Farm? A Research Hospital?
Old January 27, 2003, 10:04   #498
Kassiopeia
Emperor

http://www.watersucks.cjb.net/

Now I know why you promote Xenobrew

My favourite part is:

Quote:
Last year 2 billion Australlians died in water related accidents.
Old January 27, 2003, 10:10   #499
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Given that there aren't even 2 billion Australians at all, along with the various other strange reasons, I think we can safely say that this person is either clinically insane, or else laughing his head off as people try to reason with him (I'm leanign towards the second option).
Old January 27, 2003, 10:11   #500
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Okay, time to go to bed. It a quarter past one here, and school starts day after tommorrow (or just tommorrow, technically).
Old January 27, 2003, 10:16   #501
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
Given that there aren't even 2 billion Australians at all, along with the various other strange reasons, I think we can safely say that this person is either clinically insane, or else laughing his head off as people try to reason with him (I'm leanign towards the second option).
Hmmm... I wouldn't be so quick to count out the first option; you see...

Quote:
Why do you think cats hate water? Oh you dont know? I'll tell you why, its because they are highly evolved mammals from the future, and they travelled back in time to warn us about water, however they dont know how to speak, because they are only cats. So they do the best they can by running away from it. Could you people be any more naive?? These cats are warning us, but you continue to drink water. I hope you have fun in hell for the rest of forever.
Old January 27, 2003, 11:04   #502
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

But I actually find myself agreeing with him. I mean water is evil, isn't it?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 27, 2003, 11:06   #503
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 05:33
That's why one must always drink cherry flavored sodas...

/me goes off to synthesize Cherry 7-up for the bar to be dispensed next to the Cherry Pepsi...

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old January 27, 2003, 11:14   #504
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Gentlemen, please, this thread is over limits. New one has been opened:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=75307

PS. Finland has lots of snow and ice. Snow and ice are water. Water is evil!
Old January 27, 2003, 11:21   #505
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

so if snow and ice is evil because water is then finland is evil too for having all the snow and ice so that would mean kassi is evil too.....EURIKA.....oh no wait.............we knew that allready
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old January 27, 2003, 13:44   #506
Drogue
staff

GT: Can you close this thread?

Thanks

Old January 27, 2003, 19:57   #507
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Done.