Civ4 SP Democracy GameApolyton UniversityNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 07:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
PTW-The Dark Ages (Gamespy Review)
Nobody have talks about that...

Quote from Gamespy
The Dark Ages

"Primarily during turnless play, I noticed units disappearing and enemy invasion forces taking over unprotected cities without any warning of their approach. My civilization, though having long since entered "modern" times, was completely unable to communicate effectively on the activities of enemy units in my territory. Small lines of text in the upper left were the only indication of changing events within my borders, and even during no-limit simultaneous turns I would often miss these. It didn't help that the diplomacy and city production screens obscured these messages entirely. A nice option would be to allow the user to choose whether or not to sound an alarm from enemy movements within -- and within sight of -- the empire, but this is one of the options left out of the game and contribute to making the product feel rushed and incomplete."
-------------------------

That's true so true... it can be cool, a little box who keep you updated about event in your empire.

I ask myself if in the review, the guy played with the new patch or not...

Have a nice day

"Not by force of arms are civilizations held together, but by subtle threads of moral and intellectual principle." - Russell Kirk
Old November 28, 2002, 18:14   #2
player1
Emperor

Local Time: 13:45
Quote:
I ask myself if in the review, the guy played with the new patch or not...
Of course not.

Since after the patch, only Hotseat (no even log) problem remains.

And that's all.

P.S.
Considering how much he likes MP, if he traied game with the patch he would probebly give it score of something around 80+, not 50.
Old November 28, 2002, 18:32   #3
The_Aussie_Lurker
BtS Tri-League
King

Local Time: 11:45
I'll tell you, I've just been speaking to people who have PtW about a feature which I had been eagerly awaiting-the one feature for which I would have bought this game-and I have just found out that I would have felt totally RIPPED OFF if I had bought it .

Though they promised to combine the abilities of Wonders and Small Wonders in the Editor, they've left the four most important great wonder flags out of the equation!!! Namely: Obsolescence, doubled happiness and the placing of an improvement in every city or every city on continent. These flags were VITAL to my planned mod and, short of a hack-job by some of the great computer people on this Forum (I'm looking at you Gramphos ), it looks like all of my plans are down the toilet . I pray that this is just an oversight, and that they will fix it in a future patch but, until they do, PtW will NOT be part of my future purchasing plans (couldn't care less about MP myself-editor was everything!) .
So, please Mike, help this wannabe modder with his dreams and, I promise, everything will be fogiven .

Yours,
The_Aussie_Lurker.
Old November 29, 2002, 06:35   #4
Adm.Naismith
King

Local Time: 12:45
Quote:
Originally posted by player1
Of course not.

Since after the patch, only Hotseat (no even log) problem remains.

And that's all.
Hmmm, I'm browsing the forum, and so far I can see something is still not fixed in PTW.

Quote:
P.S.
Considering how much he likes MP, if he traied game with the patch he would probably give it score of something around 80+, not 50.
Well, I'd prefer to ask the author himself to correct his PTW rate after the patch. Any others guess would be biased (for better or worse).
Old November 29, 2002, 09:23   #5
WarpStorm
King

Local Time: 06:45
He said their 'policy is to not apply patches before reviewing a game'.
Old November 29, 2002, 10:40   #6
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 12:45
Quote:
Originally posted by WarpStorm
He said their 'policy is to not apply patches before reviewing a game'.
The best policy to use, imo. By all means include follow up on how it plays with patches as they become available. So many reviews have turned out to be trash because they took the word of the developers that some problems would be fixed before release that turn out to be still causing problems months later.
Old November 29, 2002, 11:17   #7
WarpStorm
King

The only problem with the policy is that in this case the patch was out and fixed the problems he sited before his review was posted.
Old November 29, 2002, 11:19   #8
Slax
Prince

In your opinion.